Are ALL Warcraft Books Canon?

Story Forum
Hey Story Forum,

I'm making a machinima series based on different pieces of lore and I just wanted to know if the War of the Ancients trilogy was considered canonical. I want to know because my first video will be on the Tauren and I've seen multiple sources say that the Tauren were and were not involved in the War, so I just wanted to get my facts straight. I guess I would also like to know if every book released is currently in canon, by all authors.

Thanks for the help.
Is canonical, but not sure it happened in the same timeline in which we are.
Every book is Canon, although it wouldn't surprise me if some books disputed facts in other books, but not sure if that has happened very much.

And yes War of the Ancients is canon.
Every book is Canon
Except RPG books.
Awesome, thanks for the help folks, really appreciate the quick responses. :)
The events of Stormrage will probably never be mentioned in game.
05/11/2013 05:31 PMPosted by Serendia
Every book is Canon
Except RPG books.

True lol forgot about those. They usually are a part of RPG itself that I consider them pretty much just 1 thing.

they kind of are

but not sure it happened in the same timeline in which we are.

but they have >.>
Though I personally haven't read it, I've heard that the Knaak book "Night of the Dragon" has some seriously glaring continuity issues, to the point of where its canon status is questionable.
WotA trilogy is canon.

Though I personally haven't read it, I've heard that the Knaak book "Night of the Dragon" has some seriously glaring continuity issues, to the point of where its canon status is questionable.

It doesn't break any lore its just bad and I like Knaak.
05/11/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Threeslotbag

Cataclysm started with Malfurion awake and Fandral imprisoned in a barrow den.

Preeeeetty sure the events of the Nightmare war happened during Tuesday maintenance.
They are and they aren't. Take WOTA for example. They've yet to be declared non-canon, but the Historian has pointed out that it got details wrong (character ages were off by a few thousand years, for example).

The basics of them should be correct.

Eh... The only real continuity error I could really think of with that was how Sintharia seemed to be blown to smithereens, yet was more or less fine come Cataclysm. It's just bad in general, and quite literally the only things of note it did was introduce the Twilight dragonflight and confirm that Deathwing was still alive and brooding.

Not... really. I think Grim Batol erupts as a volcano during it and that's really it.

Sinestra dies during it too but according to Ask CDev she isn't actually alive in Cata (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2721372142)
Blizzard needs to go back and clarify things since some books contradict each other. Maybe not remove a book completely from canon, but just certain parts.
... yeah, the novels are pretty much considered canon, ahm, the funny thing is that some things are less canon, you know, but we shoot for canon ... that's a strange statement ... we shoot for canon ... but yeah, typically the characters in novels are canon.

-- Chris Metzen
All Blizzard sources are canon.

Some are more canon than others.