What did you play before 2005?

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
I played Runescape 2 :) I got to level 52 combat and all I did was economy activites. I ended up at 78 mining by farming coal and that's all I did all day long, so I could sell it in bank notes and buy gothix trimmed rune armor. Rofl
Animal Crossing.

I was not big on computer games back then.
Uh, I played Animal Crossing for a bit. Until I had to take a week off and I didn't want to deal with the roaches so that was the end of that.

I played Duck Hunt sometimes at my friend's house.

And there was a game for the Commodore 64 I don't remember because I was pretty young and it was a really long time ago. : \
Console gaming.

SOUL CALIBUR 2 TEAM BATTLE ALL DAY ERRYDAY.
Unfortunately, Runescape & Maplestory.

Off topic, I accidentally spelled Runescape as "Runespace."
on the PC:
Kohan Ahriman's Gift
Arcanum of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
Grand Theft Auto Vice City

on the PS2:
Baldur's Gate
Twisted Metal Black

on various Nintendo devices
Pikmin
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Prime
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Human Priest in World of Warcraft. I mean the game came out in 2004. Before that I played City of Heroes (RIP).
Console gaming.

I'd challenge you to Soul Calibur on 360, but you gave me nothing to indicate you have a 360 or that you still buy Soul Calibur titles. Haha. I was ranked 224 for awhile online. x3
Don't you mean late 2004?

But I basically played a bunch of ps2 games.
Halo 2. Lots and lots of Halo 2
Rome: Total War, Half-Life 2, and TES: Oblivion.
I'd challenge you to Soul Calibur on 360, but you gave me nothing to indicate you have a 360 or that you still buy Soul Calibur titles. Haha. I was ranked 224 for awhile online. x3

I'd accept said challenge, but I'm awful.
Rome: Total War, Half-Life 2, and TES: Oblivion.

Rome: Total War

I like you.
and TES: Oblivion

Oblivion didn't come out til march 2006. Get your facts straight.* Nerdy lisp voice*
Asheron's call, asheron's call 2, everquest 2 as far as MMOs go.

I also played a TON of diablo 2 and some console games.
Lots and lots of Metroid and Zelda games.
pokemon.
pokemon.
and more pokemon.
alot of survival horror games on consoles.(like the good stuff. gtfo out of here with amnesia.)
Console gaming.

Played on a professional level and participated in world tournaments back then. Cheesing with Xianghua everyday, with Arthas, I mean Nightmare and Cervantes alts.

Was also playing WC3 and Ragnarok Online, with various other versus games(was into KOF for a while).
I worked from 1999 to 2008 as a developer, writer, coder, and "wizard" on a Star Wars themed MUD. My job was to design game areas, create the story, and then build all of the NPCs, objects, etc. While doing that I also had to run quests for players, help newbies, and code new additions to the game in C such as new spells, NPC attacks, etc. It was extremely enjoyable, let me use my skills as a writer, and taught me valuable skills in C coding and UNIX administration.

During that time I also found myself playing Fable, and the occasional journey into UO.

I could not afford a PC that could run Everquest until 2003, but never bought the game or an account.

Prior to the MUD I played a game called the Realm, and before that, one called The Shadow of Yserbius. Both online. Also a game called SubSpace / Continuum which I still play 18 years later every now and then!