8 million people.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 16 Next
05/10/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Deathrattles

...the quarterly report? They specifically stated that the vast majority of subscription losses were in the Asian markets where people don't pay subscription fees.

SOURCE? Don't try to snow me.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ACTI/2467905505x0x661909/7302db20-fd71-4d87-b4c3-9a76620ce038/ATVI_Q1_2013_press_release.pdf
they always come back c:
what business loses 15% of its customer base in a single quarter and doesn't take it as a serious bad sign?
The sad thing is that even with everyone providing sources for him showing that most of the subscriptions lost were non-paying Eastern subscriptions, he'll never acknowledge it and still flood the other forum posts with "1.3M PPL LOST, BLIZZ IS DIEING GAIZ!"
It's money. Are you saying Blizzard lied when they said they lost SUBSCRIBERS?

Go ahead. Answer that one.

Point is, they lost MONEY. They ARE concerned. Try as you may, troll. Very few believe you.

They then qualified that of that 1.3 million subscriptions lost, most were non-paying subscriptions. Every single linked source explained that very explicitly to you. I know you think that I, every news reporting agency and the vast majority of players here are in an elaborate conspiracy to troll you, but just try to put your paranoia aside and use logic.
I have to say, although I agree with you, all these threads about the sub report are getting annoying.
05/10/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Foxwizard
t's usually not a good sign when you lose 14% of your subscribers. They are more than likely concerned.

What are you basing this "usually" claim on? Which other games had not lost that much, after 9 years.

I don't believe it. No game lasts forever. It's normal to fade.
sure its normal to fade which is what was happening but now 1.3 million quit in the passed 3 months. Thats more then fading.
Thanks to the glut of servers , this games actually fe empty on my medium size server with the lost of four mmillion people. It almost like the last day of school, some people show up but the people that use to be there and make the crowd noise are gone. The hall ways are empty and when you see another student you just kind of nod to each other.
You say blizzard isn't concerned... Blizzard says otherwise.

Quote from Quarterly:

uncertainties regarding next-generation hardware, and subscriber
declines in our World of Warcraft business all raise concerns, as do continued challenges in the
global economy. For these reasons, we remain cautious.
They do not count people that don't pay.

...it says in EVERY NEWS SOURCE that they DO count those people. Why ask for sources if you're going to close your eyes, cover your ears and refuse to read them?