New default raid alert sound - turn off?

UI and Macro
Post Limit:
Thank you Choonster. :) I was going absolutely batty, looking through the options to find a way to turn that off! That worked just fine. <333
What I want to know is... what happened to the old sound? I liked that sound. I've been used to that sound for years. And I want it back.

QQ

It was like a deep, bass drum hit or something. It was there, I knew what it meant. Muting it is a workaround for now... but I really want my old sound back, Blizz.

FIX IT NAO.
The sound is back and this fix doesn't work anymore.....I hate this sound so much.....
10/14/2014 08:29 PMPosted by Pasoon
The sound is back and this fix doesn't work anymore.....I hate this sound so much.....

same issue here too. :( I hate that jarring sound so much, and now we're forced to hear it, every single time, the yellow text appears on screen regarding questing.

edit: and we can no longer silence the worgen snorting/sniffing noise either...that's just great. >.>
Yeah, file no longer works.

I still don't know why they changed the sound in 5.3. The single drum beat was just fine. Maybe add an option to what sound a person wants to use for warnings? Kinda like how DBM/MSBT works? That would be much better than this. That text shows up a lot, and having that kind of panic noise for something more mundane is just... silly.

I'll be watching this thread if anyone finds a new fix for this noise, but the old .ogg file fix doesn't work anymore.
Instead of: WoW\Data\Sound\INTERFACE

Try: WoW\Sound\INTERFACE

This seems to have worked for me. I haven't NOTICED that blaring trumpet since I moved the Sound folder up to the root directory of WoW.

(Note: Editing, NOTICED... Not sure if this fixes it, just that I haven't noticed the sound.)
10/19/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Jirian

This seems to have worked for me. I haven't NOTICED that blaring trumpet since I moved the Sound folder up to the root directory of WoW.

(Note: Editing, NOTICED... Not sure if this fixes it, just that I haven't noticed the sound.)

giving it a shot now...will edit with results. but I'm keeping my fingers crossed, that this solves the problem. :|

Jirian, you are a saint AND a scholar! :D

edit: now if we can only get sniff-b-gone to work once again.
10/19/2014 04:15 PMPosted by Shunmin
edit: now if we can only get sniff-b-gone to work once again.

I figure it should work if you follow the same formatting as above and put the empty worgen-sniffing sound files in their appropriate paths under the root directory, same as the raidwarning.ogg replacement.

There's also that addon "Mute Annoying WoW Sounds" that I figure will work again if you just bump the path up a notch to Wow\ rather than data\
I found out about the change from WoW\Data\Sounds to WoW\Sounds the other day and I've updated my AddOn descriptions on Curse/WoWI to reflect this, but I wasn't able to post here until just now.

Thanks for posting the solution for others to see, Jirian.
10/19/2014 01:14 PMPosted by Jirian

Just wanted to confirm that this worked for me. I didn't notice that the evil noise had come back until I leveled a goblin through the starting area. Using the silent .ogg fix and the directory path above took care of it.

Thanks Choonster and Jirian.