Xbox One

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
I have to pay to be able to play used games?

Lolnope. I'll stick with my PC and PS4.

^---this

It is kinda lame. Like really lame. And does this mean DA3 will be for the new xbox or the 360? How will lack of backwards compatibility effect continued save data for it if it is for the new one?

Sadly enough if they made you pay to install the game on additional systems, that'd probably end my console buying for a while :(

Plus I'm not sure how I feel about the whole "must download to system hardrive" thing in the first place. How would that effect your system crashing/breaking, or getting a new system?
corporate greeeeeeed

Plus I'm not sure how I feel about the whole "must download to system hardrive" thing in the first place. How would that effect your system crashing/breaking, or getting a new system?

Or buying used games (which im sure the intent was to eliminate the used games market altogther) or game rentals?
Can't borrow games from friends without a fee.

Can't bring a game over to a friend's place unless you bring YOUR console.

Trollolol.
Xbox One will not be backwards compatible with Xbox 360 games, with Microsoft citing fundamental differences in the architecture of each console.

Microsoft has confirmed that all Xbox One games will require mandatory installation onto the system's hard drive and, to install the same disc onto another user's drive, a fee must be paid.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407842/xbox-one-console-is-official-the-ultimate-all-in-one-home-entertainment-system/

Welp. This right here is pretty much the death of Xbox.

Microsoft needs to change this if there is any hope of a future for the XBO.

Oh God, what if the next rendition of the Xbox One will be the Xbox One X?
It's frustrating because it's well...like how EA treats games/making money ._ .
I've noticed that being poor makes Microsoft product announcements really uninteresting.

Same here. I have no intentions of getting it at all. Dang Microsoft is going to kill Gamestop. :(
As a gamer that will constantly trade games of all consoles, handhelds, and the like with friends, I can only laugh at the bullet in the foot of Microsoft after they announced the used game fee.

PS4, I will consider.

Other than that...
PC master race.

As well as my NES, SNES, Gameboy, N64, GBC, PS1, PS2, Xbox, GBA:SP, DS, PSP, 360, PS3 and Wii.

Oh the treasures of yard sales.

Same here. I have no intentions of getting it at all. Dang Microsoft is going to kill Gamestop. :(

But that's where I make friends with individuals with similar interests. :(
What's wrong with you guys? Who cares if you have to pay a fee to play a used game. Who cares about any of its flaws! You can TALK to your Xbox now! You can skype while playing games or watch shows while playing games! SPLIT SCREEN TOO! IE and Bing, YAY! It even comes with a Kinect which can read your heartbeat and listen to entire conversations in the room! And that's only scratching the surface of gimmicks; who knows what we haven't been told yet!

Oh man, I'm all tingly just thinking about the possibilities! /takemymoneyMicro$oft
Am I the only one disturbed at how Microsoft is increasingly becoming invasive of our lives?

WHY does a console need a TV app? WHY?

Early plans for the 360 were to have it replace your cable box and DVR, so it's not like they're reinventing the wheel here, they're just finally delivering on pitches they made six years ago.

Babbage's, Software Etc, and Electronics Boutique were all successful software stores before they started merging and selling used games. Gamestop will survive.

They may not be as profitable and will have to condense stores, but they'll survive.
I don't think you guys get what Microsoft just did to the used game market.

I don't know many of you. I don't know the ages. I would assume many like me remember going to gamestop of funcoland and buying used games for a vastly discounted price than a new game. And you know what? This was great. This was wonderful. It kept the prices of games down, provided real alternatives, and all was well.

Then, the average cost of making a game exploded. In the course of 10 years, the cost of a game went from 1million to produce (four if it were top notch) to an average of 20 million. Prices for the game went up. They had to.

But guess what happened?

Used game stores started getting greedy. Instead of charging 12 bucks for a 30 dollar game, they charged 27. And people got the 27 one, because why not. Now, you can buy new games cheaper than you can in used games if the new one is a GOTY version.

Why? It's not like it really costs the resellers anything. It's a massive amount of profit for them, ontop of the % of new game sales they already get.

Do you really think a fee will stop used game sales? Microsoft won't charge full price for a game, and likely they will have some sort of mechanic in place for loaning games. After all, there are to many rental systems out there that depend on being able to rent. Hell, even Gamestop allows you to rent a game before buying it new. Not allowing renting hurts them. You can bet a system will be in place.

Instead, what will happen is microsoft will charge you a $12 fee that will go to developers, which will entice more developers to go to Microsoft because unlike now, they see some awesome returns from used game sales. As far as their concerned, it's free profit. This ensures a bigger roster of games for Microsoft.

Gamestop and Funcoland and EB games? They just lower the price of used games by the used game fee. The only thing you can really expect to change is the older games will no longer sell for under $15.00. And that's only because older unused games on current systems don't drop below 19.99

Microsoft didn't just screw over their customers. They just ensured their customers will have the most developers begging to develop their games because for the same work they put into the playstation, they can do it for Xbox instead and get extra cash.

It means that more attention, more localization and more effort will go into the xbox game, because they want it to be teh game people choose. Why? Because they can ger additionl cash via used game saled where they couldn't before.

So, thanks Microsoft. I look forward to playing the biggest range of games on the market on the console you provided.
I don't think you guys get what Microsoft just did to the used game market.

I don't know many of you. I don't know the ages. I would assume many like me remember going to gamestop of funcoland and buying used games for a vastly discounted price than a new game. And you know what? This was great. This was wonderful. It kept the prices of games down, provided real alternatives, and all was well.

Then, the average cost of making a game exploded. In the course of 10 years, the cost of a game went from 1million to produce (four if it were top notch) to an average of 20 million. Prices for the game went up. They had to.

But guess what happened?

Used game stores started getting greedy. Instead of charging 12 bucks for a 30 dollar game, they charged 27. And people got the 27 one, because why not. Now, you can buy new games cheaper than you can in used games if the new one is a GOTY version.

Why? It's not like it really costs the resellers anything. It's a massive amount of profit for them, ontop of the % of new game sales they already get.

Do you really think a fee will stop used game sales? Microsoft won't charge full price for a game, and likely they will have some sort of mechanic in place for loaning games. After all, there are to many rental systems out there that depend on being able to rent. Hell, even Gamestop allows you to rent a game before buying it new. Not allowing renting hurts them. You can bet a system will be in place.

Instead, what will happen is microsoft will charge you a $12 fee that will go to developers, which will entice more developers to go to Microsoft because unlike now, they see some awesome returns from used game sales. As far as their concerned, it's free profit. This ensures a bigger roster of games for Microsoft.

Gamestop and Funcoland and EB games? They just lower the price of used games by the used game fee. The only thing you can really expect to change is the older games will no longer sell for under $15.00. And that's only because older unused games on current systems don't drop below 19.99

Microsoft didn't just screw over their customers. They just ensured their customers will have the most developers begging to develop their games because for the same work they put into the playstation, they can do it for Xbox instead and get extra cash.

It means that more attention, more localization and more effort will go into the xbox game, because they want it to be teh game people choose. Why? Because they can ger additionl cash via used game saled where they couldn't before.

So, thanks Microsoft. I look forward to playing the biggest range of games on the market on the console you provided.

Or... gamer's will just switch to PC gaming and pirating games will become more of a problem for developers. People here things cost more money, they tend to explore other options. That PC you use only to check facebook with? Well, instead of spending $500.00 on the new Xbox, upgrade the rig and play the exact same games (with the exception of the few exclusive titles). This WILL create a shift, which will highlight more problems. Microsoft has opened an ugly can of worms here in fact.
lol.

I prefer PC over console. Most don't. PC gaming has a stigma attached to it, for whatever reason, but the sad fact is PC gaming is ALREADY cheaper than console gaming and nothing really changes.

Sure, you may trade out video cards and maybe upgrade in the normal lifespan of a console, but you save on games, and for the average user, they WILL save more on games than they spend because they are not after max output.

Steam deals that give new games for 15 bucks, the fact that new PC games are already 10 or 15 lower than new console games, better performance, more modability..

PC gaming should have ruled the market ages ago. But the masses are not ready for PC gaming.
In savings, I've probably saved up enough money buying games off of Steam versus buying them at the store to buy myself another part for my computer if I want to. I honestly don't see the reason to fool myself into thinking I'm paying less for a console [Hey, 200-300$ ain't bad buddy!] until I realize, 5 or 6 years later, that I've spent close to 500-600$ for all those games I bought. And I can build a much stronger, faster and more graphical-quality machine and still have 100-200$ to buy most of the games I want.
And Ferlion, PC gaming did rule the game market ages ago. :3 Back when there were no consoles. Now we have consoles. :(
I'll stick with PC gaming and Steam.

Does it bother anybody else that the event was entitled Xbox Reveal? It should be revelation, unveiling, introduction...something. But simply 'reveal' is the wrong verb form. It's trying to use a transitive verb as a noun and I find it annoying.
i have no idea what to do with this information

i just want my mass effect 4, man