what does emerelda dream think about 5.3 pvp

Emerald Dream
i see some people complaining and some people rejoicing...

whats ED's opinion?

mine:

i have complaints, i dont like baseline 65% i think it should be lower and i think they should un-nerf the change to resil and pvp power gems.

as of right now i think gemming for pvp gear sucks. i enjoyed pvp power as a stat but now its so diminished its !@#$.

i have more QQ but ill hold my tongue until you guys voice your opinions.

your opinions thoughts?
TBH i havent completely formed an opinion yet as I haven't been able to run any rated PVP above 1800. Just some 1600 3s for lulz.

First impressions WPvP wise? I take a !@#$ ton less damage which I like, and I still feel semi bursty.
Hunters still suck to fight
There is no reason at all PvE equipment should outperform PvP equipment in a PvP environment, ie World PvP. This is probably the worst thing I've ever seen blizzard implement other than flying mounts. Because I am feeling in a very wowy mood lately (Summer's here and I'm done with my grad classes until Fall, and my grad research isn't taking up too much time right now), I'm trying to suck it up and grind out the PvE gear. It's really lame, but it isn't that bad if I do scenarios/LFR with other people and just talk in skype during it.

The small but glimmering bonus of this change is that I'll at least get to own all those people who still wear PvP gear after a few weeks.
I'm enjoying it.
Im seeing no real difference other than it takes longer to kill people, which is nice. it adds some skill beyond my LOLCOOLDOWNSSTARTSURGESTARSURGESTARSURGE. also for what its worth? I tried wpvp in my pve gear. it was a joke lol, so I switched back to my pvp set and went about my merry way. the only way the pve gear will truly matter because it has no pvp power is if its heroic bis. and since no one on this server has cleared the newest raid fully on heroic, this problem for us is a non issue.
You're kidding, aren't you Predatoria? People in pvp gear still have the upper hand. Even if somebody in pve tiers does have normal/heroic (We're on ED. Good luck finding any of that) gear. Besides, people putting forth the effort to join a guild/put up with a pug to get that gear, aren't going to be interested in learning how to play their class in a pvp environment. I know I'm not. You should be able to dance circles around them, unless your giving them warrant to freecast on you.
Im seeing no real difference other than it takes longer to kill people, which is nice. it adds some skill beyond my LOLCOOLDOWNSSTARTSURGESTARSURGESTARSURGE. also for what its worth? I tried wpvp in my pve gear. it was a joke lol, so I switched back to my pvp set and went about my merry way. the only way the pve gear will truly matter because it has no pvp power is if its heroic bis. and since no one on this server has cleared the newest raid fully on heroic, this problem for us is a non issue.

There are a few 522 pieces that I feel will really outshine Tyrannical, especially if upgraded, but pretty much all of this.

I really enjoy the fact that it actually takes a bit of concentration to murder people, even when they have 300k HP. 2-3 shotting someone has never been fun for me.
05/22/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Urivial

There are a few 522 pieces that I feel will really outshine Tyrannical, especially if upgraded, but pretty much all of this.

I really enjoy the fact that it actually takes a bit of concentration to murder people, even when they have 300k HP. 2-3 shotting someone has never been fun for me.

eh perhaps a few trinkets, but the really good ones (the rppm ones) have been nerfed to hell in a pvp setting. I truly believe it will take a full set of fully upgraded heroic bis gear to make a difference, and that is not something ED will have to worry about for a while.
05/22/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Predatoria
There is no reason at all PvE equipment should outperform PvP equipment in a PvP environment, ie World PvP.

World PvP is a PvE environment.
05/22/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Hoskold
There is no reason at all PvE equipment should outperform PvP equipment in a PvP environment, ie World PvP.

nor has it ever been "fair". my honest advice? if the idea of the big bad raiders scare you EVER so much, either learn to play better, or become one of us.
05/22/2013 01:07 PMPosted by Lullatka

nor has it ever been "fair". my honest advice? if the idea of the big bad raiders scare you EVER so much, either learn to play better, or become one of us.

i recently quit raiding to pvp. :( not enough time in the world.

eh perhaps a few trinkets, but the really good ones (the rppm ones) have been nerfed to hell in a pvp setting. I truly believe it will take a full set of fully upgraded heroic bis gear to make a difference, and that is not something ED will have to worry about for a while.

They've actually only been nerfed in instanced PvP, and even then a trinket like this:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=94508

Is taken down from 8800 to 4400, and the time goes from 15 seconds to 30 seconds.

While the Tyr equivalent:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=94415

Gives you 400 less, for 10 seconds less. And with the nerf to PvP power, str. is far more important imo.
wPvP is crap. Fully upgraded 2/2 Heroic Renataki's and LFR Bad Juju procs means I'm running around with 100k+ AP or 120k AP during Renataki's peak which is just absurd. I melt players in seconds while running around with nearly 500k HP and 65% resilience.

I AoE'd a group of players with multi-shot/explosive trap last night.

Dropped a full trinkets proc stampede on a blood DK and melted him in 15 or so seconds.

I've killed mages 100-0 with full dots and one LnL proc.

Dropped a 150k Glaive Toss on someone with full procs + buff food +flask + potion + 10% Barrens buff.

No comment on instanced PvP yet, only experience with it was on PTR and thought it was extremely slow damage wise.
05/22/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Áyllin
what does emerelda dream think about 5.3 pvp

I didn't know the server still pvp. All I see is people complaining about gear.

First thing that came to my mind when I read this:

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2010/230/2/2/__BOOM___HEADSHOT_by_thecoffeekid.jpg
pve geared destro locks......
sucks
sucks
Having a decent time of it so far; a refreshing change to full Elite PVP geared players dropping down on a fresh 90's for the sake of it. Curious to see how this will pan out in rated PVP.
Why should we have to drop down to everyone else's level? We worked for what we got, and blizzard tries to fix things that aren't broken. Because they want more people to PvP, that's what it comes down to. Oh well, can't do much about it. We'll see what happens. I personally hope they revert the changes to Resil and Power, but that's just me.