So t2/elite gear = 25000 cap only? what?

Arenas
05/22/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Lulululula

As I understand it, this is indeed the current plan.

That's a terrible plan. Rampant win-trading and sells will ensue.

Win trading can be fixed. Pilots and carries are extremely minor by comparison. Beyond that, they could easily change the mmr system to ignore low MMR players on high rated teams. This would gurantee the team continues to fight teams or their same skill level regardless of the 2 or maybe 3 carries they have. The problem with carries mostly with the current system is taking 2 or 3 0 mmr people onto a 2400+ mmr team and then putting that same team in the 1900-2100 bracket. If that was fixed, carries would be more difficult.
Well I hope you don't understand very well because that's a very bad idea. Your hope of getting more pvper's? Say goodbye with stupid reverts like that.. Next thing you'll say, that the ilvl is higher too. And I was going to write this nice post saying how glad I am with 5.3 pvp changes and I think after 8 years the devs are on the right course of action. Pfft

It's not okay to be a !@#$% because you did a fraction of the work to get t2 compared to previous seasons. Bathe in it because I can ensure you that it will be your last time wearing it.
the new color should be the incentive, if u get better stats on top of that then how is someone who hasnt gotten 2200 before supposed to improve? everyone has already abandoned arena anyway because u get a higher base cap from rbg's and its already easier to obtain ratings in rbg's
the new color should be the incentive, if u get better stats on top of that then how is someone who hasnt gotten 2200 before supposed to improve? everyone has already abandoned arena anyway because u get a higher base cap from rbg's and its already easier to obtain ratings in rbg's

that stat difference could be very minimal. like the equivelant of one upgrade. or maybe 6 ilvls only. t1 493. t2 499. something along those lines. And do it in the system wrath had. bracers at 1350, boots at 1500... shoulders at 2k. etc. Just nice to have something to look foward to, even if its very minor. The fact is, as many have said, arena and pvp was far more popular with the old reward system. even if it was unbalanced, it was still better then no reward at all. new looks only go so far. but, I would be satisfied with there atleast being some distinction between the novice players and the more serious players, no different then casual pve to hardcore raider.
eck i guess i'm fine with stat difference, provided that everything is leveled out in arenas and rbg's.

Fair playing field in PvP!!!
05/22/2013 06:44 PMPosted by Chroniks

As I understand it, this is indeed the current plan.

Well I hope you don't understand very well because that's a very bad idea. Your hope of getting more pvper's? Say goodbye with stupid reverts like that.. Next thing you'll say, that the ilvl is higher too. And I was going to write this nice post saying how glad I am with 5.3 pvp changes and I think after 8 years the devs are on the right course of action. Pfft

People like you are the reason this game has started to suck...everything is handed to you on a silver platter...there is no reason to work toward anything.
It's really disheartening to see people rbg and win trade to get their stuff. It's slightly disheartening to see people get the same rewards from rbgs that they get from arena.

thats my bias.

I also hate carries, but don't mind systems that help boost the rating of legitimately skilled players who come in late season, something I think this suggestion would work well for:

Beyond that, they could easily change the mmr system to ignore low MMR players on high rated teams. This would gurantee the team continues to fight teams or their same skill level regardless of the 2 or maybe 3 carries they have. The problem with carries mostly with the current system is taking 2 or 3 0 mmr people onto a 2400+ mmr team and then putting that same team in the 1900-2100 bracket. If that was fixed, carries would be more difficult.

As it would pit these low rated players in situations where they could serve to gain rating faster, and therefore catchup slightly better.

I think that carries would just shift over to the primarily "we play for you" style, which is still completely sad.

The rating system is suppost to pit players of similar preformance against each other, not be something you find the quickest way to farm your way to the top. Why can't people just play.
ya i agree with all these words
>add back required ratings for every piece of gear from 1200 for off pieces to 2k for shoulders
>add cosmetic rewards for 2k+ players
>make it so the required rating can only be achieved via Arena
>make it so that RBG continues to give a higher conquest cap

Gee whiz that was hard.
complaining about the old system means you are most likely bad and are enjoying the current system of, wait long enough and you'll be as geared as all the good players and look like all the good players

it's a stupid system as is, as was making the elite gear not cost rating

Most of the people I've seen in support of the new system are people who have or can easily get the requirements for elite gear. It's better for the game to have everyone on a level playing field in PvP competition.

As far as incentives to play and get better...I don't know...because you enjoy it?
Honestly why can't we have a mix of everything?

27,000 conquest gives you something else (Pet/Mount/Weapon Mog? I unno'. Something.)
2200 gives you the recolour

Not sure if I agree with 2500 being a tabard since that's essentially Gladiator on every BG and they're already walking out with the only real reward in the game right now.
I'd move it to 2k so people actually feel they can get it and it might entice people to push out of the 1750 bracket.
Honestly why can't we have a mix of everything?

27,000 conquest gives you something else (Pet/Mount/Weapon Mog? I unno'. Something.)
2200 gives you the recolour

Not sure if I agree with 2500 being a tabard since that's essentially Gladiator on every BG and they're already walking out with the only real reward in the game right now.

Agreed that the tabard is too high to be remotely relevant. In wrath it was 2350 I think? Which was a far cry from glad. Nowadays, the r1 team on some BGs can't even get the tabard. Pretty poor implementation.

I like the idea of graded vanity rewards. 2k cloak, 2.1k tabard, 2.2k enchants, 2.3k seasonal ground mounts, etc.
complaining about the old system means you are most likely bad and are enjoying the current system of, wait long enough and you'll be as geared as all the good players and look like all the good players

it's a stupid system as is, as was making the elite gear not cost rating

most players that are actually good are in favor of equal access to gear. by good i mean top arena players.
lol, spoken like someone that needs their special elite gear to be good. reason I was leaving wow for games like world of tanks, you don't have to win trade to get gear to make you equal to your opponents. PvP is about skill, gear grinding is crap. I PvP for the fun of PvP, not some shiny p.o.s. status symbol. the tears all the old school win trading pos players is beautiful, so keep on crying.

Why would I be crying when I'm getting what I want and you aren't?
My goodness where's the common sense here.

Most of the people I've seen in support of the new system are people who have or can easily get the requirements for elite gear. It's better for the game to have everyone on a level playing field in PvP competition.

The gear has no stat increase. 27k conquest is easily obtainable staying at 1500 which overall won't even increase activity.
05/22/2013 07:32 PMPosted by Denmaster

My understanding is that the 2200 rewards next season will be 100% cosmetic; no stat advantage.

Try getting full information before having such a jerk reaction.

Fixt

Wait, are you saying that I'm being the jerk?