what do i gem now for pvp?

Priest
should i keep stacking resil?
or go to int?
or go to spirit?
talking about for disc
I have got the same question its expensive to try it out lol
Oh, you all don't have your own JC with stacks of gems to try this and that? That's too bad.

Maybe there's some addon that lets you try on gems, iono.

Read that resil and PvP power gems aren't really making much diff so just go for regular gems and get slot bonuses.

I'm trying the resll/power way to see but only got into one BG last nite and we won so I went off to do other things. Felt the same, hit hard when things proc'd, died when overwhelmed. Same as last week.

ps. Talking about shadow, sorry.
Article and math comparison is already done over at How2P

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3734
most people are droping res, and going full power or int/power, since now it boost our heals as well, i'm trying full haste till my next breakpoint, not sure yet whtas working right now.

did good on 2s today, but we were mostly having fun and messing around with glyphs and talents
Stack Spirit if Disc, Intellect if Shadow, avoid stacking resil anywhere like the plague. (Haven't had time to regem this priest yet).
currently im stacking stam. the survivability between resil/stam is give or take the same. i dont see a reason for me to stack spirit... im holy pvp at 11k per 5 in combat. 462k life self buff is just exciting... 515k with my BM trinket... i really wish they would have some good PVE spirit trinkets but theres nothing really that exciting that gives consistant spirit.

personally fpr pvp i'd stack either your main stat... unless you are a semi tank char... and then go stam.
On my shadow priest I'm using just 3 gems:

red: pure int
yellow: int + crit (you can go int + mastery / int + haste if that's more your thing)
blue: pure pvp power

Resilience to me is a worthless stat. I manage my defensive cooldowns well, and the number of resil gems I would need to go from baseline 65% -> 66% resil is just silly.

Sacrifice 1% damage reduction for a load of power and crit? Why, thank you!
Stack Spirit if Disc, Intellect if Shadow, avoid stacking resil anywhere like the plague. (Haven't had time to regem this priest yet).
Why would you stack spirit as a discipline priest for PvP?
05/25/2013 03:24 PMPosted by Deyadissa

I'm talking about arenas. You should never go OOM and it's actually a huge deal if your team has to peel for you to drink.

If you're playing RBGs, then you can go something else like mastery or intellect. I'm guessing even haste builds would work. (Or as the 1900 player once said, stamina).

Unless you're inferring about reduced damage from Resil, in which case I have to say you fail to understand healing mechanics for Priest PvP. You get a passive 30% shield wall at all times, Disc is the most tanky healer in the game.
05/25/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Truewan

I'm talking about arenas. You should never go OOM and it's actually a huge deal if your team has to peel for you to drink.

If you're playing RBGs, then you can go something else like mastery or intellect. I'm guessing even haste builds would work. (Or as the 1900 player once said, stamina).

Unless you're inferring about reduced damage from Resil, in which case I have to say you fail to understand healing mechanics for Priest PvP. You get a passive 30% shield wall at all times, Disc is the most tanky healer in the game.

I dont get why you would stack spirit for arenas, especially 3s. My 3s games end quickly during a coordinated burst and cc session. How games play out is something like this.

1) We CC healer, go for burst, the DPS use their CDs to survive.

2) We CC the healer again, the DPS use remaining CDs to survive

3) We CC the healer again, he trinkets and heals the burst target.

4) We CC the healer yet again, he has no trinket, nothing left, the dps has no defensive CDs left, game usually ends here.

Both teams are essentially going through these steps till one team lands a kill. This whole process usually won't take more than 3-4 minutes. Going OOM is not an issue during such a short amount of time, considering you get to use a mindbender on a 1 min CD.

Now, if we are talking about 2s, that's a whole different story. I believe spirit can dominate there for sure.
If your games are ending quickly then yes, gem throughput.

If I actually do RBGs I'll probably gem spirit; for arena probably int (but lol human double pve regen trinkets etc).

As of this moment, I have not ran out of manna in Arenas either. I run Disc Feral and we're in the 1800 mmr bracket. Both of us are not fully geared and I have not run out of manna in any match due to the solace upgrade.

Now if you are spamming smite mindlessly, then perhaps you will need to stack spirit. But in regards to that, you should only dps when the positioning is right or you will lose due to manna.
If your games are ending quickly then yes, gem throughput.

If I actually do RBGs I'll probably gem spirit; for arena probably int (but lol human double pve regen trinkets etc).

Yep =) I only see spirit a good stat for Rated Bgs.