Has aff sort of fallen out of favor?

Warlock
Seems like it's a lot less popular than before which is sad considering it's basically the iconic warlock spec

Is it weaker than demo and destro or something
It is relatively weaker for most ToT encounter at low ilvl (below 500).
But it started to shines once you get higher ilvl, and more BIS items.
Especially after you can obtain over 10k haste from your gear.
They should have never changed Aff from the way that it was in Cataclysm.
All 3 specs are now competitive, the destro does better at lower ilvls and Demo does great after it gets the lei shen trinket.
People are playing the other specs because now they are competitive and also people get to show off/enjoy for themselves their hard earned green fire!
Despite the changes, Affliction is in a great place.

It's fallen out of favor in PvP though. But that's been true since 2.3.
http://raidbots.com/ .

the problem of affliction is the pvp, it need some changes.
I can say that Affliction is fine as a dps spec, lacking only in AoE burst.

I personally stopped raiding as affliction because I thought Demo was a lot more interesting to play. Who knows, maybe I'll be back to aff--especially if that stupid trinket doesn't ever drop for me.
Destro is !@#$ after you get the meta gem. And the current raidbots for affl is pretty over represented since the SS bug. Demo is flat out dependent on UVLS. All in all Affl is the dominant spec in higher gear levels.
All 3 specs are competitive at almost any gear level. Destro is ahead below ilvl 500 or so but once you get there the damage is all pretty close. I run Demo without UVLS and I do just fine.

Simcraft is not law, if you know your spec and you know the encounter you WILL do competitive dps.
Demo w/o UVLS do fine, but its insane with the trinket.
Affliction is 100% fine. It's just played less now because the other specs are actually viable. I don't know if that means it's fallen out of favor, it just means we have 3 specs we can play successfully. That's known as a good thing
http://raidbots.com/ .

the problem of affliction is the pvp, it need some changes.

Affliction is a little skewed from the past weeks due to the bug where you can roll infinite buffed DoT's with inhale/exhale. They fixed it in 5.3 so that only Agony keeps the buffs, effectively hampering that gross gameplay (which requires more than 1 target to be up at all times basically).
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25H/100/14/60/default/ from 24~ today he is simming pretty well

I really, really miss that Aff.
05/26/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Bigguss

I really, really miss that Aff.

What is it that you miss exactly? Could it be the !@#$ty ramp up time caused by having to stack shadow embrace 3X? Also, you had to be in melee range for shadowflames, and the fact that you had to cast shadow bolt made the spec feel clunky.

Warlocks had no identity during cataclysm.