Why do I take so much damage vs other tanks?

Death Knight
Alright, I know my gear is not the best yet. and that I`m not hit/exp capped yet but...I was on the last boss of HoF and I took nearly twice as much damage as the warrior tank with less gear than me....My rotation was perfect but yet I took a damn load of damage. Why? Even my brewmaster monk when he was at that Ilvl took less.
You have a green trinket
You have a 442 helmet
Only one piece of your gear is reforged and you have an astonishingly low mastery rating for your gear level

Quality over quantity, I would focus on getting more mastery first before you do anything else.

tl;dr: Mastery does a lot more for your mitigation than dodge and parry and should be strongly prioritized over them
So I should reforge parry/dodge for mastery for now?

Edit: Thats why theres only one item reforged, pretty much all the rest is mastery + dodge/Parry
If you're judging your damage intake with WoL, WoL's displayed damage taken is post-block and pre-absorb, which greatly exaggerates the difference in damage taken between shield tanks and DKs.

Similarly, if you're using some mod to tell you this, then you need to figure out how it records damage taken with regards to absorbs/blocks.
Why are you using runic corruption?? Did you not read any of the stickys at the top of the forum?
Why are you using runic corruption?? Did you not read any of the stickys at the top of the forum?

There's nothing wrong with using Runic Corruption. Please don't berate other players for no good reason. If you do feel you have cause to make that statement, please back it up with some form of reasoning.

from the sticky:
Summary: BT and RC are both "optimal". RC will yield a higher DPS, but BT can be used a bit more flexibly.
Reniat posting on my thread? My life is complete

/bow

Thanks for all the help
Ok listen up!

Change your rune to Stoneskin Gargoyle or Fallen Crusader
Get Blood Tap
Reforge Mastery > Haste > Expertise > Avoidance same for gems/chants
Never open with DS, open with HS so you get more heals from your first DS from dmg taken.

For dks cd management is everything, just practice
Change your rune to Stoneskin Gargoyle or Fallen Crusader
Get Blood Tap
Reforge Mastery > Haste > Expertise > Avoidance same for gems/chants
Never open with DS, open with HS so you get more heals from your first DS from dmg taken.

Swordshattering is fine.
As previously stated, RC is also 100% fine.
You should only go for haste in a dps oriented build, and even then it's after both hit and exp to 7.5% each, so hit/exp to 7.5%>mastery>haste, though unless you sacrifice mastery you will get very little haste. The only realistic place you'll be able to get some decent haste will be in a very VERY dps oriented build such as (hit/exp to 7.5%>haste (till resource capped)>crit)
Opening with DS is fine for burst threat. You're generally not going to die within the first ~3-4 seconds of the fight.
Get those professions up, especially jc'ing. You'll get a nice mastery boost from the serpents eyes, and the stam from mining won't hurt either.
I like hit to cap, spam mastery, lotta haste with a splash of parry

i dont feel expertise is as important as hit (it doesn't have to cap)
and on a side note, Ren u gotta be over a mil hp
Thanks for all the replies,I`ve geared up quite a bit since I made this post. Tanked LFR ToT Entirely yesterday without any problems, my damage taken was far below what I used to take.

My question now : BT vs RC , pros and cons? I can`t decide!

Edit: Also working on JC now :)
Opening with DS is fine for burst threat. You're generally not going to die within the first ~3-4 seconds of the fight.

I thought you were supposed to open with diseases?