pvp power?

Death Knight
Post Limit:
after the changes in 5.3 to pvp power and the gems is it even worthwhile to gem for it?
Not at all.
Only str/power purple gems in blue sockets.

this

What he said. Currently, the numbers are 400 pvp power = 1% extra damage. With straight pvp power gems only offering 160 power, that means you need to take up at least three sockets worth to get 1% extra damage. Those sockets could be better spent on other stats.

That's not to say PVP power is worthless as a stat, it's not, it's just not worthwhile to gem for it. All the pvp power you need will come from your pvp gear.
Just wondering if the str/stam gem would be worth using in blue sockets instead of the power/resil.
What if the socket bonus is crap, I tend to find most of them seem to be..

Note: I have not done any serious pvp his tier, this is just an idea that's it.
What if the socket bonus is crap, I tend to find most of them seem to be..

Note: I have not done any serious pvp his tier, this is just an idea that's it.

What I've been doing, is if the socket bonus is STR, I will gem either str/haste or str/power to get the socket bonus. Every other piece with the PVP power bonus I stack straight str
Just wondering if the str/stam gem would be worth using in blue sockets instead of the power/resil.

Not really.
Str > PvP power.
thats all you need to know.
Can anybody explain the numbers of how much strength it takes to account for a similar 1% of increased damage? Thanks
Yeah but if a socket bonus is 60 str, it's worth it to gem the 80 str/80 pvp power gem right?