rogue pvp spec 5.3?

Rogue
what spec is better or should be used for arena because sub seems ruined im thinking combat for the burst but either assassination or combat thoughts?
alright i leveled all the way to 90 with combat and like it. i figured for arena it might be a better choice due to the fact of burst but still want to see what majority say and trying to find what top rated rogues are now using. but thank you.
Combat is a three trick pony. I tried it and didnt like it for end game play or for PVP.

You have a couple of really neat cool downs, and you can also damage multiple targets....

It ends there.

Not very good damage to those that wear armor, you dont have alot of energy.

Its sub par spec for PvE single target and for PvP.

Sub is not ruined its still better than Combat and a popular PvP spec.

ASSN is best of all three, if anything some people dont like the feeling of being energy starved. Make no doubt though the damage is high and without those two cool downs ASSN burst is better than combat.
what are you doing to burst as assa i dont see the "burst" and for 5.3 sub is feeling week
what are you doing to burst as assa i dont see the "burst" and for 5.3 sub is feeling week

What do you do to burst as combat without those two cool downs AR, and KS?

You basically setup your combo points and energy and apply pressure at very specific key moments.

The difference is ASSN/MUT does more damage during those times as you get Massive dot damage as well applied this bipasses armor. Combat does not get this, nor is its DPS as high.

Combat has Killing Spree and Andrenaline Rush that can focus very good damage based off cool down.

ASSN has Vendetta.

Both have Shadow Blades.

So Combat has cool down based Burst that may be higher, and I am not positive about that but will give the benefit of the doubt.

Burst can just ramp it anytime you have energy, poison likes to ignore armor.

If I am not mistaken SUB may be the highest burst damage, and thats one of the reasons its well liked in arena, but ASSN it not left far behind. It just does not seem to be put together like SUB.

Combat is in dead last though I am pretty sure about that, atleast in regards to plate, and heavy armor targets.

On cloth its a bit different and having that really long kidney stun from relentless strike is nice, if it does not go on DR.

Get Rupture or Garrote on at least the kill target, preferably also on an off target.

Get SnD up via Envenom so you have it at max duration.

Pool to 140ish e with 5cps on your kill target. KS and pop Vendetta, SB, and trinket. Mut to 4-5 cps>Envenom>Repeat until target <35% and then start using Dispatch x 2>Envenom while SB is still up. Finish off with Dispatches.

There's your burst.
05/24/2013 01:17 PMPosted by Giktal
Burst can just ramp it anytime you have energy, poison likes to ignore armor.
This is one of Combat's two main problems at the moment. We lack armor pen.
The other is that we suffer heavily fro being in stealth/not on target for more than 10ish seconds. (which is a big problem given that rogue survivability is currently based around restealthing.

If I am not mistaken SUB may be the highest burst damage, and thats one of the reasons its well liked in arena, but ASSN it not left far behind.
Combat's burst is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than Sub's, if you can set it up right.
However ShD is more useful for utility through using Cheap Shots and Garrotes while lining up teammate burst, and infinitely easier to coordinate. That's why it is and will continue to be the favored arena spec. (also 1 minute cooldown is nice)
[quote="88907491172"]Combat's burst is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than Sub's, if you can set it up right.

This is based on using Andrenlin and Killing Spree correct? Thats what I would think anyway. I am not knowledgable enough on SUB to compare their burst specifically so unsure on theirs but with ASSN/MUT we can still burst really high independent of the Vendetta cool down.

And all specs get shadow blades.

I think the other point you brougth up about Combat with the armor pentration was the main killer for me. I got excited about some stuff combat had and then I went and tried it for PvP and except for those cool downs I did not have a very good time with it.

In the end though it is about play style and what you enjoy, but if your looking at them neutral I personally think ASSN/MUT is strongest choice between Combat and ASSN. I might be wrong though and some Combat loving rogue out there might just thrive playing Combat.

Also if you read alot of my other post you know its not really about brute force and damage. So if your good with all your abilities and play with disipline then you could probably play all three specs well and be successful.

Combat is not for me though, atleast not at this time in my learning phase.
Combat's burst is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than Sub's, if you can set it up right.

This is based on using Andrenlin and Killing Spree correct?
If you can pull it off Combat's burst is best done by using AR+Shadow Blades together (this really hurts and gives you combo points out the wazoo to throw up Kidney's, SnD's, Recup's, and Evis bursts), to make them blow defensives and also to build yourself up to Red Bandit's Guile.

Then hope to god your procs line up so you have a 30% buffed Killing Spree with SnD running, while trying to isolate your kill target.

If you can pull it off without using AR+Blades before Spree, that's better but it's significantly harder and chances are your Spree will be negated by defensive cooldowns.

I totally understand people not liking Combat though. There is a lot that it needs and just doesn't have right now, in addition to not fitting the "ninja/assassin" theme that everybody around here seems to be in love with.
Combat all the way xD
I like Sub and Com but I'm a lot better at using Sub so just go with the spec you're best with. Every player is different
@Kiljagen: Combat pride man. Played it through vanilla and woltk. Can't peel myself from it! Which of your two combat specs do you primarily use?
Why are people still debating over this? SUB IS BEST AND WILL MOST LIKELY ALWAYS BE BEST. SUB has the highest burst potential of all three specs, it has the most utility, it has the most control. Shadow Dance is our strongest ability. ROGUES ARE NOT A DAMAGE CLASS. Rogues are about CONTROL and SUPPORT and are supposed to have the ability to burst something down in a short window of time. WE ARE NOT DAMAGE BOTS, like say a warrior. Look at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/arena/bloodlust/3v3?comp=4&team=&realm=&faction=&minRating=&maxRating=&compType=filter, count the number of sub rogues vs. assassination rogues, for every assassination rogue, there are 5 sub rogues, if not more. The reason why the majority of the rogue community will argue that assassination or combat is better is because sub has a very high skillcap and is more difficult to play.

TLDR version: Sub is best. Most burst, most utility, and most control.
I just started a new Undead Rogue and i'll go with sub. Theres nothing more frustrating than being stunned while stab in the back several times. I hated it as a hunter and now im gonna have fun doing it to others. Thanks :)
07/15/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Swankie
Why are people still debating over this? SUB IS BEST AND WILL MOST LIKELY ALWAYS BE BEST.

Sub is better than Assassination!

Screwdrivers are better than ski boots!

Puerta Vallarta is better than Paris!

Swiss cheese is better than iPhones!
@Kiljagen: Combat pride man. Played it through vanilla and woltk. Can't peel myself from it! Which of your two combat specs do you primarily use?
didn't see this when it was posted, sorry.
The MfD one is my PvP, the Anticipation is for PvE.
07/18/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Croin
Why are people still debating over this? SUB IS BEST AND WILL MOST LIKELY ALWAYS BE BEST.

Sub is better than Assassination!

Screwdrivers are better than ski boots!

Puerta Vallarta is better than Paris!

Swiss cheese is better than iPhones!
I chuckled. You're not far off from what I was thinking about when I read that post too.
Been a rogue player for a very long time (pre-BC), I'm currently running a combat build on Loki and its not so bad depending on what playing style you have. It took a lot to convince me to go Combat spec, but after a week of running heroics in WotLK I was convinced and haven't looked back. Combat rogues have a very specific role, it's not about burst damage although we can excel at it, it's sustained DPS and as an encounter utility tool. Not to say its totally useless for PvP but I'd dual spec and run one of the other talents for it. Their main advantage is being able to assist with pulling agro off the healer or other party member with quick bursts and redirecting it back to the tank using ToT, caster interrupts if the mob can be interrupted. It's clearly a PVE/leveling build, and about the only time I'll use the AOE attacks is on multiple trash mobs with ToT on the tank during an AR/SB burst or when there are adds to redirect them towards the tank. The second ToT fades AOE goes off My other rogue on a different server is 100% for PVP (due to old earned title), and both Subtlety and Assassination seem very viable so far I've tried both after resurrecting him after a few years and I think it's a preference due to playing style. Obviously stick with what works for you. Personally I preferred a hybrid build for PvP but those days are long gone.