Incoming nerf ???

Warlock
from Mmochampion,

Warlock
•Warlocks do great damage in most situations, mitigate a lot of damage, and provide a lot of utility, making them almost too attractive in raids. Damage mitigation may be the thing to be nerfed, but we will know more when Patch 5.4 hits the PTR.
Yes, because damage mitigation in a RAID is OP?!?

Name a single person who has ever actually complained about that in a raiding environment? Who? The Tanks? The Healers?

Healer: OH FFS!

Tank: Damn it! If only that warlock wasn't able to take so much damage! FFS he makes me look bad when I die, we wipe and he's the last toon up.

Healer: Yeah! Screw that guy.
Our damage mitigation is extremely OP in raids. It's very far beyond anything any other DPS class/spec has. Soul Leech and Sacrificial Pact are the biggest offenders. Of course, the problem is that these nerfs could (and most likely would) harm our ability to mitigate damage in PvP.

Soul Leech would be the easiest target for a nerf, as it wouldn't affect us in PvP much. Maybe lower the cap on the shield it provides. Nerfing anything else, though, would likely have far too great of an adverse effect on use in PvP.
I agree with Gadsden but I wonder how its going to effect PvP for Warlocks.
I'm really surprised about the comment about seeing when 5.4 hits the ptr too--that's why I don't think this is real--every warlock knows if there is any hint of a nerf the 2 rules are: 1) hotfix and 2) overdo it just to be sure
Only warlock buffs wait for the next patch.
I mean c'mon.
Our damage mitigation is extremely OP in raids. It's very far beyond anything any other DPS class/spec has. Soul Leech and Sacrificial Pact are the biggest offenders. Of course, the problem is that these nerfs could (and most likely would) harm our ability to mitigate damage in PvP.

Soul Leech would be the easiest target for a nerf, as it wouldn't affect us in PvP much. Maybe lower the cap on the shield it provides. Nerfing anything else, though, would have far too great of an adverse effect on use in PvP.

Soul Leech is really only great for Destro, remove CB from it and maybe add Conflagrate and its on par with Demo and Affliction.

I think the problem lies within the fact that we have a baseline 40% dr cooldown, 2 defensive cooldowns in early tier talents, and the ability to sac Voidwalker for 30% hp.

Sac Pact is a great cd, and maybe too strong for its 1 minute cooldown, but I think they might also nerf Soul Link. This talent is good on most fights and stupid OP on others. Even on fights like Dark Animus I literally cannot die.
As always blizz will nerf locks to the ground. I see soul leech being 5% and sac pact sacrificing 15% of health for 200% bubble
Name a single person who has ever actually complained about that in a raiding environment? Who? The Tanks? The Healers?

You're looking at it the wrong way. Read this again.

05/26/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Nhiøsis
making them almost too attractive in raids.

Blizzard doesn't want must-have specs/classes. That is not to say that every class and spec are equal. There will always be the best ones. To make things a bit more fair for all classes, it does make sense to nerf the best, although I personally don't like it.
Maybe GC likes locks more than mages now? Who knows?

I don't know what you have been taking, but can I have some please? *smiles nicely*
Nerf Soul Leech and be done with it.
Nerf Soul Leech and be done with it.

Seems like what they're talking about. I'll be sad when it happens though, soloing Warbringers is how I make bank.

It's also extremely powerful for Demo. Touch of Chaos spamming is how we roll.
Funny that they just buffed SacPact, too. 500k shield every minute for 125k health is insane. Totally negates a ton of otherwise "OH ****" moments. Keeping it competitive with Dark Bargain in PvP is a concern, though.
Soul Leech isn't really OP when you can't build it up (and bosses don't take additional damage), just an issue when the absorb shield stacks. Maybe cap it at 10% max health?
Would be nice if both simply weren't affected by Battle Fatigue.

Hopefully a change to Archimonde's Vengeance is in the works, too. Sucks having a TALENTED totally inferior Touch of Karma when the other choices in that tier are so damn powerful.
nerf Soul Link

Soul link has been nerfed since this xpac. It is not as powerful as it used to be. It also used to have a glyph. And come on guys the nerf always come to us we just got to adapt to the changes. We got nerfed so much that i dont even feel the nerfbat hitting me anymore.
making them almost too attractive in raids.

The operative word in GC's comment is "almost." I have NEVER heard of another class being turned down over a warlock because the other class doesn't have the survivability tools.

Have you ever heard of a raid composed of Tanks, Healers and ONLY Warlocks as DPS?

Have you? Seriously? Ever?

The operative word in GC's comment is "almost." I have NEVER heard of another class being turned down over a warlock because the other class doesn't have the survivability tools.

Have you ever heard of a raid composed of Tanks, Healers and ONLY Warlocks as DPS?

What an awful way to look at it. You're expecting an 18 warlock dps raid? Good luck finding 18 locks in the first place who all want to compete for gear together. You also wouldn't cover every buff or debuff. Have there been many fights where warlock stacking was mandatory? Yes, absolutely. Lei Shen and Durumu especially or how about Yogg 0 light? The world first kill had what? 6 locks? Warlocks are top tier for the vast majority of fights in the current tier. Sac Pact Soul Leech completely negates quills on Ji-Kun for example, you don't even need to pop UR.

Warlocks offer far too much as is. Sac Pact is broken in most scenarios, the cooldown is too short and the shield is too large. Dark Bargain is used in the other situations where that's not viable (Static Shock soaking). As a whole, warlocks are just way too strong in the current tier.

What an awful way to look at it. You're expecting an 18 warlock dps raid? Good luck finding 18 locks in the first place who all want to compete for gear together. You also wouldn't cover every buff or debuff. Have there been many fights where warlock stacking was mandatory? Yes, absolutely. Lei Shen and Durumu especially or how about Yogg 0 light? The world first kill had what? 6 locks? Warlocks are top tier for the vast majority of fights in the current tier. Sac Pact Soul Leech completely negates quills on Ji-Kun for example, you don't even need to pop UR.

Warlocks offer far too much as is. Sac Pact is broken in most scenarios, the cooldown is too short and the shield is too large. Dark Bargain is used in the other situations where that's not viable (Static Shock soaking). As a whole, warlocks are just way too strong in the current tier.

this x10
Well...when I read that post about what they looking at upcoming possibly for locks. My immediate reaction was actually they are thinking of pvp and disquising the need for the change as a pve one.

Maybe they aren't but everyone has been reading for months now about the raid bosses of battlegrounds...aka Warlock.

This isn't my opinion or stating my opinion, I am stating what has been all over the pvp forums.

So I immediately thought of pvp actually..not pve as the reason for them looking at the mitigation abilities.
Oh please nerf soul leech and nothing more.