Mass Dispel Glyph question

Priest
so with 5.3 does it work on more than just 1st door on Horridon?
Err, it was working on the first door of Horridon without the glyph. The glyph is to remove things like Divine Shield and Ice Block. Any magic debuff you can remove with Purify, like the magic debuff on the Horridon encounter, can be removed with the baseline Mass Dispel.
But more than?

I'd assume it still won't work on the debuff on the 3rd door in a mass dispel sense. Only purify will dispel the "Deadly Plague"

I actually didn't think to try mass dispelling at p3, since for our group on H Horridon, nearly everyone is spread enough such that Mass Dispel wouldn't be worth the mana. And even with the glyph, I don't see why it would be able to mass dispel the effect anyways.
Oh sorry, my comment about Purify was in reference strictly to magic debuffs it removes. Mass Dispel will not remove any other kind of debuff, only magic.
It's morning, we're all a bit slow in that regard.

Additionally, with the frozen orbs at that 3rd door, it would be difficult to use mass dispel effectively even if it did work. The sand traps don't move, the orbs do.
Additionally, with the frozen orbs at that 3rd door, it would be difficult to use mass dispel effectively even if it did work. The sand traps don't move, the orbs do.

totally confused by this and what either of those have to do with dispelling :D
05/24/2013 07:03 AMPosted by Tsilyi

totally confused by this and what either of those have to do with dispelling :D

In my newbular opinion, I found that you could (at least on Heroic) park a group of melee for mass dispel on the first door for the time it takes to cast. People are more clumped up due to sandtrap placement. You're goading the sandtraps to do your bidding. We had melee in one group, ranged in another. It made it very simple to mass dispel.

On the 3rd door, mass dispel wouldn't be as effective as people are going "Oh noes! The orbs!" and running a split/divergent from one another towards the fourth door. You'd be hard pressed in 10 man to make it worth a theoretical mass dispel since with the frozen orbs moving, clumping people for a mass dispel AoE would be a headache.

But, this is all theory. Since Mass Dispel does not remove Deadly Plague.
I'll remove your deadly plague.

I wish mass dispel removed deadly plague :<
Should stack on all doors. Although my raiders seem to forget that and I'm like "Why are you in the middle of no where! That's why you are dead! Heals can't reach you because we are moving with the other 7 people who are stacked up!"

-.-
On 25 man, I feel like it definitely would be more ...that word... useful. Much more useful. 10 man, I just don't have enough bodies to make it worth it. I'd get maybe 2 people, maybe 3. But then again, we have enough dispels within the group that I don't feel a pain for dispelling.

We losely stack on 3 and 4. Everyone tends to be >8 yards away save for the main tank. We transition into stacked at the 4th door and move towards stacked tightly for Jalak.

(I wanted to say viable, but I refrained. Do I get a cookie?)
Meh, I guess we loosely stack on door 4 as well. There's always one or two people who stand on the wrong side of the door and die to something stupid.
Meh, I guess we loosely stack on door 4 as well. There's always one or two people who stand on the wrong side of the door and die to something stupid.

Orrrrr

going into Jalak phase :
"There's still a flame caster up!"
And you didn't want to call this out before... why?

Silly people!
thanks, for the info, figured it was a pvp thing. was just making sure
what i want to know is if i need that glyph or not i am new to wow and my raid officer told me to get it but i think it is a waste of time seeing as it only works on the first door can we get threw the beams with out me having the glyph
what i want to know is if i need that glyph or not i am new to wow and my raid officer told me to get it but i think it is a waste of time seeing as it only works on the first door can we get threw the beams with out me having the glyph

It's okay since you're fairly new, but generally we encourage someone posting a new topic when it's more than a few weeks old. Jusy fyi!

On door 1, without the glyph you will still be able to mass dispel the Blazing Sunlight debuff. I found that if people are lightly grouped up (we do have to avoid the sand trap here), it becomes easier to Mass Dispel this for obvious reasons. This is because the debuff "Blazing Sunlight" is a magic debuff which is what Mass Dispel .. dispels! =D

Also, just some friendly but unsolicited advice:

I'd consider dropping down to the 1st haste break point of 3039 and then getting a bit more spirit and mastery. Horridon, especially with the dispels, is a mana intensive fight.

Also, for glyphs you can drop the mass dispel for the first door (it's not needed) and pick up Glyph of Fade or Glyph of Inner Sanctum, which will help you out in terms of personal mitigation/defense.