Why are Q's so long?

Battlegrounds
I just logged in and the average wait time for random bgs is 15 minutes. Is there a reason for this besides there is not a lot of people queueing for bgs?

Thanks
Something must be going on.

My 90 shows 15 minutes
85 is like 25 minutes
20"s 30 minutes

Last night is was about 5 for 90, 8 for 85's and almost instant for 20's.
reason Q's are so long is because blizzard GC namely destroyed PvP so bad all the pvpers are canceling there accounts and no one is PvPing anymore.
the reason is everyone transfer horde for easy bg wins and no alliance que into bgs .. so enjoy your 15 mins ques

And i am sure it will go up even more
I just come to the forum to see if anyone else posted anything about it. Even doing just random BG's it is taking a lot longer than normal for the queue to pop than it used to.
hmm...12 minutes is sort of long.
Interesting.

edit: popped after 3-5 mins. Common.
Perhaps it's just the timers that are bugged.
40 second BG pops on ally side, faction imbalance anyone?
I think it is the timers that are bugged. Games have been popping in a couple of minutes but it still shows 15 minutes.
It told me 17 mins, and mine popped in about 5 mins
I think it is the timers that are bugged. Games have been popping in a couple of minutes but it still shows 15 minutes.

Nothing is buged,faction imbalance and peoplpe transfer to easy wins to horde from alliance
06/01/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Selendis

Nothing is buged,faction imbalance and peoplpe transfer to easy wins to horde from alliance
And vice versa last season? Fan bois will faction change with the player/group they follow.....Example, more than half the server of Tich.
It's just transfer tide, as Selendis is saying. My queues have been steadily longer since Cata started winding down, but have leveled off around 5-7 minutes depending on the day and the time of day. Sometimes the average says longer, but it doesn't actually take longer.

The reverse happened back years ago when people started transferring Alliance for human racial, queues went from 20-25 minutes slowly down until they were eventually instant for basically all of Cata.

Times change, demographics shift.
It's just the timer, been saying 15 mins + for me but always popping in 5 or so.
Most likely Alliance is avoiding BGs that aren't IoC and AV like Horde avoids those BGs.
Most likely Alliance is avoiding BGs that aren't IoC and AV like Horde avoids those BGs.

ya sure i am hiding in sw god save me plis
06/01/2013 09:00 PMPosted by Selendis

ya sure i am hiding in sw god save me plis

It's pretty common for Alliance to blacklist SSM, making the queues for it long similar to Alliance queues for AV and IoC on their respective CtAs, but the OP said he's queuing for random, so it shouldn't really be relevant.
It's just the timer, been saying 15 mins + for me but always popping in 5 or so.
Honestly since the changes I haven't been doing pvp much myself anymore. I do the daily, but that's about it, but when I do queue its instantaneous.

Itemization sucks, the lack of defense sucks, the way "pvp power" scales is kinda laughable. I found I actually did better in my raid gear than my pvp gear. I can't even bring myself to swap out all my gems (because I know the ones I have are useless).

The lack of defense gave a huge boost to melee dps I think - it feels like world of stun/interrupt/silence craft.

I know its all in my head and nothing changed, but it feels bad anyhow to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMe76j6NL_0

ally queues are too long as well
It says 15 mins, but my que pops after like 4 minutes.