First serious attempt @ Holy! Gemming Qs

Paladin
Want to know is it worth Gemming straight intellect or should i be geming for a mix between lect and spirit or geming mastery. Thanks!
For gemming I generally do mastery>spirit>intellect. Gem spirit over mastery if you need it, but gemming mastery and spirit will always give you more throughput than int. as of pandaria.
Thank you
I wouldn't gem mastery over spirit. It's more what you prefer and the type of content you do, but I love me some spirit, even with the meta and a ton of gear.
I'd gem spirit until you feel like you're not ooming during fights, but remember you'll have buffs and flasks, etc. Then gem mastery. I use the spirit/mastery gem a lot. Then of course reforge a piece of armor to spirit it if doesn't already have it, then mastery, crit, haste.
spirit to comfort, make sure you get to 3496 haste with spell haste buff, then after that you can go master=crit. the more you overheal stack more mastery, the less you overheal stack more crit. that's the pattern for this patch.
spirit to comfort, make sure you get to 3496 haste with spell haste buff, then after that you can go master=crit. the more you overheal stack more mastery, the less you overheal stack more crit. that's the pattern for this patch.

Unless you're only missing a tiny bit of haste to get an extra tick on EF do not gem/reforge for it, it will be a throughput loss compared to spirit and/or mastery. I'm also not sure where you get 3496 with 5% spell haste from, the extra tick is at 3506 without 5% spell haste. Or do you just mean with Seal of Insight active? In that case it's just your haste number that is wrong.

I also don't agree with the "pattern" that you should stack crit if you don't overheal a lot.
mastery was always the worst stat for pvp period.
pvp has too many stuns going on for a paladin to get any healing out without being force into a bubble.

crit is great if it procs enough but still by chance. you will still crit some from normal circumstances.

the new stat for paladin is haste. haste is always there and always happening and it stacks with your fast cast procs making your spells come out even faster!!!

on my paladin my heals come out in .50 of a sec. and i crit just fine ty.