Command-Tab issue ..

Mac Technical Support
I play WoW on my MacPro OS X, version 10.8.3, and I used to be able to Command-Tab out of WoW onto whatever else I had opened (most of the time just a Safari window) while having WoW be in the background. This was very useful because I could do my thing on Safari while watching ques, waiting for responses, etc. etc. .. Now for some reason whenever I Command-Tab it minimizes WoW completely. It's a little annoying now that I got so used to it being the old way.

Not sure what I did.. or need to do to bring it back to the way it was.

Thank you for the help in advance!
Having the same issue here, since 5.3 it seems.
Hey Beycardi & Skaht,

This seems to be hiding the application when in fullscreen mode for me. Is this what y'all are referring to? In Windowed Fullscreen, the app seems fine.

1. Launch World of Warcraft and log in.
    2. Put World of Warcraft into Windowed Mode if it is not already in Windowed Mode.
    3. From the system menu bar, select Help > Copy Support Information: http://i45.tinypic.com/foodww.png
    4. Paste the contents of the copied system information here (Command-V)
Software:

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)
Kernel Version: Darwin 12.4.0
Time since boot: 3 days 5:17

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i3
Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 5.86 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: IM112.0057.B01
SMC Version (system): 1.59f2

Graphics/Displays:

ATI Radeon HD 5670:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5670
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68c0
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-B9850K-133
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.416
Displays:
iMac:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Connection Type: DisplayPort

Other:

Input Source ID: com.apple.keylayout.US
Keyboard Layout: ANSI
I was able to command-tab about 5-6 times in Windowed mode (Not Fullscreen Windowed) before it stopped letting me do it.

I'm wondering now if I have something running somewhere that's causing it. Only have Firefox up with WoW now, and tried it with Chrome and WoW and repeated the problem.
I am having the same problem. Before one of the last patches when in Windowed Fullscreen mode I was able to CMD+Tab and be able to see wow behind firefox, now when in Windowed Fullscreen it hides it (minimizes) wow. In Windowed mode it works fine. That is on my iMac, on my mac book pro Windowed Fullscreen works just like it did before on my iMac. Not sure if it something I added to my iMac that is causing it or not.
This is a little old but while reading on this issue (I have the same problem at times) I find if I have the caps lock key on I cant alt-tab out. With it off it works perfectly.
This is a little old but while reading on this issue (I have the same problem at times) I find if I have the caps lock key on I cant alt-tab out. With it off it works perfectly.

Unless you actually use caps lock (does anybody really use this key?), there's a great way in OS X to turn it off completely.

System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Modifier Keys... -> Caps Lock Key: No Action

I missed this thread when it was new, but Command Tab did -not- tab you out of the game in Fullscreen mode before 5.3. That was added in 5.3. I think everyone here is looking for the Command-M shortcut.