Why do heroic scenarios have an ilvl gate?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
I can understand that random group queues require a certain ilvl to increase the chances of success but never before has a feature that required you to form your own group require a certain ilvl. Why can't me and another geared player carry a fresh 90 through them? And is this going to be a new trend on entering 5mans and raids in the future?
You do know that raids and 5mans even bc/wotlk have queue requirements.... This isn't something new....
91644519909:
I can understand that random group queues require a certain ilvl to increase the chances of success but never before has a feature that required you to form your own group require a certain ilvl. Why can't me and another geared player carry a fresh 90 through them? And is this going to be a new trend on entering 5mans and raids in the future?

The same reason you can't queue with a fresh 90 into Throne of Thunder LFR, 5 mans and LFR already require a certain item level to join.

Requiring a full group to join, I imagine, is because it only requires 3 people in the first place.
Probably to keep it form being too easy to gear quickly. Two high geared people carrying a lower level.
91644619520:
You do know that raids and 5mans even bc/wotlk have queue requirements.... This isn't something new....

BC dungeons pre-date LFD. Regardless, all of the dungeons with requirements on them could simply be walked into anyway.

The item level requirement makes sense when you are solo queueing into a group. It doesn't make as much sense when the content already requires a full pre-made group.
But you can still form your own group and go zone in to bypass the ilvl, scenarios have no "entrance" and thus have to be entered through the queue. And since you have to form your own group anyway, why is blizzard restricting it by a certain ilvl.
91644519909:
Why can't me and another geared player carry a fresh 90 through them?

Wow was never one for power level or carrying?
91640421246:
91644619520:

BC dungeons pre-date LFD. Regardless, all of the dungeons with requirements on them could simply be walked into anyway.

The item level requirement makes sense when you are solo queueing into a group. It doesn't make as much sense when the content already requires a full pre-made group.

At least somebody got what I was saying...
91648219646:
But you can still form your own group and go zone in to bypass the ilvl, scenarios have no "entrance" and thus have to be entered through the queue. And since you have to form your own group anyway, why is blizzard restricting it by a certain ilvl.

Maybe to keep people from gearing up too fast?
91644519909:

You can if you have a 5 man group and run to the entrance of the Instance.. There is nothing stopping you.

Allowing someone in iLvl 392 gear through a Heroic and the queue. No thanks.
91640520648:
91644519909:

Blizzard was pretty strongly stanced against the whole "gear score" thing for a long time, but added it for random matchmaking services, heroic scenarios are not random matchmaking. If they don't want under geared players doing them they should tune them harder.
91648219646:

Because it's only available through queue? You can't manually zone into an LFR difficulty raid.

I also imagine they don't want people "carrying" fresh 90s for the chance at 516 item level loot. I predict a lot of "/2 WTS Heroic Scenario Run Carry for X amount of gold" and so on.
Good point, OP.

There's no requirement for raids, so why should there be one for heroic scenarios?

I think Blizzard messed up on this. It doesn't affect me personally, but I think 2 geared players should be able to carry a lesser geared guildy through a HS if they want to.

If that's an issue, simply make them harder. If the difficulty becomes too much of an issue, give them a warning for at least 480 ilvl, so that they can prepare to die. It's as if you're limiting any challenge for a casual player until they hit 480 ilvl, and that doesn't make sense.

If this were a queueing system, then of course..I'd agree 100% with the requirement; however, with player made groups, people can judge who they want. I think you need to stop babysitting your players...
91640520648:
91644519909:

Power leveling? Sure.

Carrying? Er...WoW is ALL about carrying...lol.
91646319878:
Good point, OP.

There's no requirement for raids, so why should there be one for heroic scenarios?

I think Blizzard messed up on this. It doesn't affect me personally, but I think 2 geared players should be able to carry a lesser geared guildy through a HS if they want to.

If that's an issue, simply make them harder. If the difficulty becomes too much of an issue, give them a warning for at least 480 ilvl, so that they can prepare to die. It's as if you're limiting any challenge for a casual player until they hit 480 ilvl, and that doesn't make sense.

If this were a queueing system, then of course..I'd agree 100% with the requirement; however, with player made groups, people can judge who they want. I think you need to stop babysitting your players...

I think wow should make reqs even more for both random and pre-made, carrying someone doesn't help them learn at all. But lazy people will be lazy people I guess.
91644519955:
91644519909:

You can if you have a 5 man group and run to the entrance of the Instance.. There is nothing stopping you.

Allowing someone in iLvl 392 gear through a Heroic and the queue. No thanks.

Im talking about heroic scenarios, not heroic dungeons. Scenarios have no entrance portal.
91644619542:
Im talking about heroic scenarios, not heroic dungeons. Scenarios have no entrance portal.

heroic scenarios dude my warrior did them and she was only 485 and out beat dks who had 500+ gear, they got owned badly. So yea doing a heroic dungeon is far easier than a scenarios that one-2 hitting dks with high end gear.

I basely soloed it thanks to 2nd wind.
91644519964:
91646319878:
Good point, OP.

I think wow should make reqs even more for both random and pre-made, carrying someone doesn't help them learn at all. But lazy people will be lazy people I guess.

Why do you care if 2 people choose to carry a 3rd, or if that 3rd is skilled enough to perform better than a player with a higher ilvl. There's plenty of people id take on their low ilvl alt than someone who got lucky in LFR.
91644519988:
Why do you care if 2 people choose to carry a 3rd, or if that 3rd is skilled enough to perform better than a player with a higher ilvl. There's plenty of people id take on their low ilvl alt than someone who got lucky in LFR.

Because they even talk like ego fools after being carried? I seen happen soo many times when someone carried their whole life in wow and act like a elite as shole.
91644519964:
91646319878:
Good point, OP.

If you can choose who comes to your raid, there's no reason to be angry about undergeared or bad players. All these queueing systems have made us forget that some raids are actually formed consciously by a human being.

O_O