Eternal Flame

Paladin
If I put up a 3 holy power EF, then need a quick instant heal and cast a 2 holy power EF, the weaker hot will override the 3 holy power one.

I think a good change would be if I cast a 2 holy power EF while a 3 holy power EF hot was up, I will still get the instant heal but the HOT would not be overridden by the weaker one. It would certainly make that talent a lot more attractive for rets in pvp, I think.

Any thoughts?
No, the hot is the same no matter the Holy Power cost. The holy power dictates how big the initial tick is.

You almost close to never ever use EF on someone with 3 holy power, it is better to beacon the target you want healed and use Light of Dawn at that point, that heals multiple targets and the initial target more then the one EF would have done, especially if you have the new !@#$ty 4-set.

Cheers
No, the hot is the same no matter the Holy Power cost. The holy power dictates how big the initial tick is.

This couldn't be more wrong. The number of HP directly changes the value of the HoT.

1 HP = ~6.7k a tick
2 HP = ~12.7k a tick
3 HP = ~19.8k a tick

In my current healing gear.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you just stated.
I stand corrected. The info I was referring to was the buff. If you heal with EF, of course the target gets the HoT buff, this buff says the same healing over 2.51, or whatever you haste point you have.

Like this

I heal myself, keep in mind I have the glyph that it heals me double, with an EF with 3 hp, the buff says exactly this
"Healing 3034 health every 2.51 seconds"
I heal myself with an EF at 1 hp, the buff says exactly the same thing.

That is why I thought it was the same. I do get the roughly the same numbers Necai was getting, mine are only different because of spellpower difference.

The overriding change is annoying, but at least in pve, like I said in my previous comment, I don't use it at 3 hp anyway.
Ah, yeah buff icon values can be extremely misleading.

I do agree that override protection would be awesome, I just don't see it happening ever. :(
06/01/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Alexardros
keep in mind I have the glyph that it heals me double

There is no such glyph. All paladins have 100% increased healing from EF if cast on self. You might be thinking of Glyph of Protector of the Innocent, that will heal you when you cast WoG/EF on someone else, it won't affect the size of the EF you cast on yourself.
There is a passive that I believe is strictly holy that increases the amount EF heals you by 100% including the ticks. As far as other specs and having that passive I do not know.
There is a passive that I believe is strictly holy that increases the amount EF heals you by 100% including the ticks. As far as other specs and having that passive I do not know.

It's not a passive, it's simply how the spell works. When you heal yourself with it, its healing over time (NOT the initial heal) is increased by 100%. That applies to all three specs.
keep in mind I have the glyph that it heals me double

No, the hot is the same no matter the Holy Power cost

I feel it's important to be sure you know what you're telling people in regards to advice on their class, because spreading misinformation can be dangerous in a game where far too often people take someone at their word when it comes to playing their character, rather than testing it themselves. This kind of advice could be terribly confusing to a new player, mainly because it's incorrect.

On topic - I agree that some kind of override protection would be nice for EF, but tbh I think it's a good thing that you have to make those kinds of decisions during a fight. It keeps you on your toes, and forces you to fine-tune your split decision-making skills. It does suck when you've got a nice 3 HP EF rolling on someone, and then needing a quick heal for them with Shock on CD and only 1-2 HP stored. I completely agree on that.