5.3 Helping pet battlers create solid teams

Pet Battles
1 2 3 26 Next
Hey guys! It's been a little over a week since 5.3 showered us with some amazing pets and new pet battlers so I figured this would be a good a time as any to try this again.

My aim is to help pet battlers with their PvP teams and perhaps answer any questions you may have.

If you look through my pets you can already find some teams. They have the names starting with T then a number. Example "T Twenty Four" this goes from 2-30

If you would like me to create a different team for you please just include a pet, ability, or weather in the team you would like help creating. Also tell me if you are willing to hunt for pet's or simply want me to work with pet's u already own. If I don't have the pet all I can do is give you some advice ( If it can be caged you could allow me to borrow it to test some teams out ). I will respond to your request and give you a estimate on how long testing your team should take.

Here is my old thread which has lots of good teams (the post with teams are easy to pick out since I bold the 3 pet team with the move sets and give a short summery on how it is used) and Disco's guide which I strongly recommend reading.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7923032445?page=1
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8508350795#9
I am looking to change up my pet team some.

I very much like what the Mini Thor brings to the table.

I am also happy with the Yellow Moth.

My third pet, i am less happy with and continually experimenting.

I've tried the wolpentinger, spawn of gnathus and many others, just not finding a really strong third pet.

If you think swapping any of them out would be beneficial, please suggest.
91647521245:
I am looking to change up my pet team some.

I very much like what the Mini Thor brings to the table.

I am also happy with the Yellow Moth.

My third pet, i am less happy with and continually experimenting.

I've tried the wolpentinger, spawn of gnathus and many others, just not finding a really strong third pet.

If you think swapping any of them out would be beneficial, please suggest.

Sure, I will use another pet with the same move set as Thor. I think a call lightning team might be best for these two but there is a couple of other idea's I'd like to try out. Check back later tonight.
Hiya Annimositty. Ive been wanting to make a Dazzling Dance team since my two other teams are weather dependent, and I tend to have trouble with opposing weather teams as a result,but I do enjoy having some sort of team synergy. I saw a couple in the previous topic, but I was wondering if you had any new recommendations, since 5.3 changed so much

Preferably without Son of Animus, which Id prefer not to use on principle (plus the whole not actually having it thing)
I'm open to suggestions for a third pet on my new team. Unborn Val'kyr, Enchanted Broom, and something else.

Usually open up with haunt then switch to broom and sweep that pet so I don't have to worry about killing it while its possessed.
I've been having bad luck with my usual ele team (fel flame2,2,1 pandaren fire spirit1,1,2 and terrible turnip1,1,2) and wondering if there's a better pet that could work? I think the fire spirit is out of place, any pets you would recommend?
Btw, love these threads and will most likely come back with more issues ;)
If you wouldn't mind helping me form up a team for this guy that would be great.

I haven't really gone with PvP yet so I don't really know what to do. The big thing I am trying to accomplish with this guy is to have a viable or at least somewhat viable team that fits a undead theme (the race).

Right now I am thinking about using a Shadeling or Plaugewelp, then a Ooze of some description, And then some third (a bat?).

The few experiences I have had have been pretty bad in PvP (I think I got crushed 7 times back to back with no pet kills at all.) So I decided to plan this one out a little better.

It doesn't matter if I own the pet or not, I can acquire it.

Thank you for helping this noob.
I've been doing ok in pvp with my team of corefire imp, fel flame and harbinger of flame. Even though I am doing generally well with battles, I want to know if I should be doing well in pvp pet battles with this team.
91646321505:
If you wouldn't mind helping me form up a team for this guy that would be great.

I haven't really gone with PvP yet so I don't really know what to do. The big thing I am trying to accomplish with this guy is to have a viable or at least somewhat viable team that fits a undead theme (the race).

Right now I am thinking about using a Shadeling or Plaugewelp, then a Ooze of some description, And then some third (a bat?).

The few experiences I have had have been pretty bad in PvP (I think I got crushed 7 times back to back with no pet kills at all.) So I decided to plan this one out a little better.

It doesn't matter if I own the pet or not, I can acquire it.

Thank you for helping this noob.

I'm no anni, but i'll try and help
the shadeling is good, I haven't put a team together since 5.3 with him on it, I could see tomorrow. As for the ooze, I have a P/P oozling, but might also go into H/(P or H). For a third, what would probably be best is a beast, to counter critters against undead, and dragons are weak against shadeling. For beast, maybe a rabbit just to have an avoidance pet, or maybe fox with howl/speed boost. Again, I'll see if it works tomorrow, but would be countered by shield pets.
Hiya Annimositty. Ive been wanting to make a Dazzling Dance team since my two other teams are weather dependent, and I tend to have trouble with opposing weather teams as a result,but I do enjoy having some sort of team synergy. I saw a couple in the previous topic, but I was wondering if you had any new recommendations, since 5.3 changed so much

Preferably without Son of Animus, which Id prefer not to use on principle (plus the whole not actually having it thing)

Ya I have a good really good Dazzling Dance team. Try this out.

Crimson Geodude (H/S breed)- Spark, Amplify Magic, Elementium Bolt
Fox- (any breed with more then 260 speed)- Flurry, Howl, Dazzling Dance
Wolpertinger- Horn Attack, Flyby, Headbutt

I like this team since all 3 pet's benefit from dance and you have the option of heavy attacks or multi-attack abilities. Combining Howl with Elementium bolt is intense. This team out speeds even the 325 pet's which makes it very hard to deal with. You can use crouch if you would rather have it since this team does lack some good defence. However you can work ur offence as a defence using your 3 stuns and Cimson Geodudes racial for weather team defence.

Venus and Sandling are also good Geodude replacement's. I just prefer the Amplify Magic.
I'm open to suggestions for a third pet on my new team. Unborn Val'kyr, Enchanted Broom, and something else.

Usually open up with haunt then switch to broom and sweep that pet so I don't have to worry about killing it while its possessed.

I have been running a team with these exact two pet's plus a third. It's powerful but a bit tricky to pull of. If your running haunt then you know how tricky it is. One false move and you can lose your valk. Here is the team.

Enchanted Broom- Batter, Sweep, Wind-up
Unborn Valk- Shadow Slash/Shock, Curse of Doom, Haunt
Direhorn- Trihorn Charge, Horn Attack, Primal Cry

So the reason I use the Direhorn is because his primal cry is extreamly useful with Haunt. With it you can swap into Unborn valk (or bring him in after a pet dies) and instantly Haunt. It works like the Broom's sweep does when used first, it skips ur opponents turn. It also protects you from speed teams since ur broom is devilishly fast combined with primal cry.

Any Direhorn should do.
I've been having bad luck with my usual ele team (fel flame2,2,1 pandaren fire spirit1,1,2 and terrible turnip1,1,2) and wondering if there's a better pet that could work? I think the fire spirit is out of place, any pets you would recommend?
Btw, love these threads and will most likely come back with more issues ;)

I wouldn't run the 3 of the same family, even 2 of the same is pushing it. I have ton's of teams for Fel Flame. I might be able to work with Panda spirit too but his breed kinda blows. And turnip is fun to use but is kinda weak in PvP. Can we narrow this down to one pet maybe?

I might be able to work with those two but I also have other teams with at least one of these pet's in it. Should I just look for a 3rd pet or can I put anything with one of these two pet's 2gether?
I've been doing ok in pvp with my team of corefire imp, fel flame and harbinger of flame. Even though I am doing generally well with battles, I want to know if I should be doing well in pvp pet battles with this team.

Ya I know two pet's that would make this team brutal. A Sunreaver or Scourged Whelping.
You want your set-up to go something like this.

Fel Flame- Flame Breath, Scorched Earth, Conflagrate
Corefire Imp- Rush, Immolation, Wild Magic
Scourged Whelp (H/H breed)- Tail Whip, Call Darkness, Plagued Blood
OR
Sunreaver- Fel Immolate, Extra Plating, Call Lighting

So if you go with the Whelp your team's key to victory is using Immolation/Scorched earth with Plagued Blood to heal ur entire party. It's powerful and nearly impossible to counter. Plus you no longer have that double human weakness going.

If you go with Sunreaver your team will be focused more on the Lightning weather. You can use you Fel Flame to dps without fearing weather or change it if it's working agaisn't you. Also using Wild Magic in this weather is powerful since it will amplify any Dot, Immolation, and Call Lighting's added bonus damage. Also Sunreaver's ability to burn target is awsome for ur Fel Flame's conflag.
I was lucky enough to get a Living Fluid and I'm trying to figure out what sort of team to build around him. His moves have some obvious self-synergy with Evolution being a self-buff and Acidic Goo / Corrosion slot giving him a choice of offensive +damage taken debuff. I'm thinking I could get some decent sustainability out of him due to his passive and (hopefully) inflated Absorb hits.

I was pondering teaming him up with an imp (for the backline immolation healing) and somebody that throws Sunlight but...I'm not really sure which Sunlight pet would be best suited for the job.

Fel Flame- Flame Breath, Scorched Earth, Conflagrate
Corefire Imp- Rush, Immolation, Wild Magic
Scourged Whelp (H/H breed)- Tail Whip, Call Darkness, Plagued Blood

Absolutely brutal team. Was my go to DoT team (move set was a bit different) until I got an S/S Fiendish Imp to replaced the Corefire Imp. It's 24-2-1 since I started keeping track of W/L. Great suggestion!
Well Ampris I can't say I have a really great fit for these two. However there is something I can suggest.

Pet's with Self synergy combo's would prob be best for these two. Using Minefield you can force people to chose between eating ur combo or eating Thors minefield. I had a lot of success with my Crocolisk, Kun-Lai Runt, Ooze.

The good thing about these pet's is that if you can predict if ur opponents movement's you can easily dominate ur opponents. An example is I fought this guy a couple of time's and he would swap out of my blood in the water every time so the second time I fought him I would bleed twice (bleeding the target he swapped in to avoid the blood in the water and he ended up with 2 bleeding pet's one who was half dead from minefield and with me about to blood in the water.

Ya I have a good really good Dazzling Dance team. Try this out.

Crimson Geodude (H/S breed)- Spark, Amplify Magic, Elementium Bolt
Fox- (any breed with more then 260 speed)- Flurry, Howl, Dazzling Dance
Wolpertinger- Horn Attack, Flyby, Headbutt

I really like this team. Only thing I dont have already is a suitable fox. How important would you say the guaranteed outspeeding of 325s is? Fjord Worg's power is awfully tempting, but its only a 260/325 speed with dance. I dont come across *too* many other 325s
I was lucky enough to get a Living Fluid and I'm trying to figure out what sort of team to build around him. His moves have some obvious self-synergy with Evolution being a self-buff and Acidic Goo / Corrosion slot giving him a choice of offensive +damage taken debuff. I'm thinking I could get some decent sustainability out of him due to his passive and (hopefully) inflated Absorb hits.

I was pondering teaming him up with an imp (for the backline immolation healing) and somebody that throws Sunlight but...I'm not really sure which Sunlight pet would be best suited for the job.

We will chat in game about this guy later, pretty much done for the day. I will be a bit busy 2morrow but I will get to any new poster Saturday.
I really like this team. Only thing I dont have already is a suitable fox. How important would you say the guaranteed outspeeding of 325s is? Fjord Worg's power is awfully tempting, but its only a 260/325 speed with dance. I dont come across *too* many other 325s

Well having your Dance Pet out speed 325 pet's isn't the most important thing since ur other pet's can, it's just that the pup's damage is all speed based. Losing out in speed means he wont do any worth while damage. Sometimes I just run Bite, Crouch, Dance and have him be 100% support which works but you have to be careful not to let him die to early or u might bone ur other two pet's.
I run the Sandling / Wolpertinger / Fjord Pup team with a P/P breed worg.

It's pretty flippin' rare that anything outpaces my worg during Dance even with the base speed of only 260 (although, in fairness, I do use the Sandling which gives me extra speed insurance via Sand Bolt).

I strongly prefer the P/P breed on my dance pet and Crouch in his second action slot and here is why: It becomes very easy to put myself into defensive mode right as I get hit into Beast Passive activation % and then I can Flurry people to death in a heartbeat.