very hard to get into rbg's as ret

Paladin
Is it just me or is it hard to get into a Rated BG's as Ret? I have no problems getting into one when i am holy but as Ret it is almost impossible for me. (OQ is the only way i can get in one as Ret and they are lose to cap ones)

Think its my server. battle group or guild? Just want to see if i am the only one having this issue.
rets dont bring too much to the table for rbgs only way is to play holy unless you find a group that wants one but that is very rare
Yea I got my high warlord title by joigning as holy.
It's true, it's very hard for us to get into RBGs. Don't give up, though. Once an RBGs gets its essential classes down, we are still great to fill out the extra space. Ret Pallies bring amazing burst that barely needs any roll-up time, great for taking out FCs in a few globals.
It's not ret, it's melee that isn't DK.
It's not ret, it's melee that isn't DK.

This, melee dps other than DKs and rogues don't get into RBGs at higher ratings. Just like casters that aren't mages, spriests, locks and boomkins don't. And healers that aren't hpals, monks and druids.
It's true, it's very hard for us to get into RBGs. Don't give up, though. Once an RBGs gets its essential classes down, we are still great to fill out the extra space. Ret Pallies bring amazing burst that barely needs any roll-up time, great for taking out FCs in a few globals.

Problem with that is that most of our burst is tied to Avenging Wrath - and correct if I'm wrong, but I believe AW is still dispellable. If AW gets dispelled or, even worse, spellstolen, we're SOL - and that's the first thing any player worth their salt will do when they see it popped. And if it's not dispelled (which usually only happens in random BGs), then you become a CC magnet while it's up anyway - same result. (It doesn't help that the graphic for it is one of the most blatantly obvious spell effects in the game.)

Until Blizz makes AW undispellable for rets - or gives us some burst that isn't tied to an easily dispelled buff - rets are gonna be gimped in organized PvP.
AW is not dispellable.
Blizz made AW undispellable quite a while ago, it's not why we're undesirable in RBGs. Hell, ret can build so that our burst is not just undispellable, it doesn't even require us to be in melee and can still easily land kills. We're still melee, and melee itself just isn't needed, isn't wanted when so much fighting happens in open ground where we can just get focused.

About the only place that melee isn't fairly crappy in an RBG is in WSG flag rooms.. and when people think aoe melee, they do not think ret, even though our actual sustained aoe is insane.
ya ret pally is really really gimp. it does great against melee(for me anyways) but i have a really hard time against casters/range.