Blizzard announces "Flexible Raids"

Hyjal
The community has been pressing Ghostcrawler for clues on the mysterious Big Feature coming to a future content patch, but the devs have insisted that there are a few great features coming soon. Blizzard has just revealed one of the new features for the next major content update -- Flexible Raids.

WoW has seen a shift in raid sizes, from 40-man to the current 10- and 25-man difficulties, but one size does not fit all. What about the in-between raids? Those nights players can't fill a 25-man or have a few more than 10 show up one night? Flexible Raids look to fix that.

The challenge level is designed to scale depending on the number of raiders present, and the system allows a switch from week to week with adjustments made automatically. And with a new challenge level comes a new ilevel that falls between Raid Finder and Normal quality.

What about loot? So far, it seems that the Raid Finder "per person" looting style will be in place to keep things running smoothly for raid leaders. The good news is that Flexible Raid difficulty has a separate lockout from both Raid Finder and Normal difficulties, allowing for participation in all three if you're up for it.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/06/06/blizzard-announces-flexible-raids/

What are your thoughts Hyjal?
Seems this added lockout is more aligned for players that want to experience content in an actual raiding environment with a more socially infused group. Good for them, if it means they get more enjoyment for their monthly sub because they get to hang out with friends then it should be a great success.

I think it will be a winner. I mean, c'mon, who actually *enjoys* LFR (beyond your run-of-the-mill troll)?

The ability to complete meta achievements in the format is also a big plus for many I think.
Great idea. LFR is a joke in a lot of ways, I appreciate the access to content that it has provided to players, however the environment is generally toxic. Also, new players have honestly zero clue what is going on half the time which is not even their fault. They can fly under the radar with no consequences so where is the incentive to improve?

Hopefully the scaling works well, that's my biggest hesitation.
The idea is great , but we will have to see how the implementation proceeds in PTR.

I have some reservations about it though.

1. LFR style loot. I have 3 Terrorweave belts from Oondasta and 3 gloves on my warlock ! RNG is good for an RPG, but RNG on top of RNG is not okay. You receive a loot but something that you cannot use ! :(

2. Raid scaling based on people : I will have to see how it is in PTR but there will be one sweet spot composition that raids will want to acheive to speed up the runs.

3. Lack of interest in LFR over time: Interest in LFR will drop at one point for a raid instance and the queue times will increase slowly but surely.

We will see how it is portrayed in the PTR soon enough.