Trouble with Nitun? Try this.

Pet Battles
Nitun hits hard and self-heals for a lot when killing opponents. Using a healing debuff can help, but it is still a large heal.

If you are damaging him, but the heal is kicking your butt, try this: use undead pets. 'Killing' an undead pet doesn't count as a kill for ravage's or devour's self-heal. No self-heal, and Nitun becomes quite a bit easier.

I did this:

Round 1: Unborn Val'kyr - Curse of Doom
Round 2: Unborn Val'kyr - Haunt (dies)
Round 3: Infected Squirrel - Mushroom DoT
Round 4: Infected Squirrel - Stampede (doubles damage of above effects)

Nitun will be dead at the end of round 5, when curse of doom goes off.

Feel free to modify as your pet stable allows.
A Blighted Squirrel works as well.

Haunt + Stampede + Whoodchipper = Dead
Ghostly Skull's Sac + Stampede + Woodchipper gives the same effect (dead with the use of only these 2 pets) if you don't have a Val'kyr.
...or one s/s zandalari raptor.

Dead in 3 turns.
Lol - just use your Unborn. Because everyone has one.

Just use 3 beasts - like any 3 beasts. He's not that hard.
That's super helpful for the people that are having problems. I actually have you on ignore, but actually opted to see what you had to say. Yeah, I just won't do that again. The "If you need help" threads are actually NOT aimed at the "I don't need help" players. I know, weird.
Well if I ever get an Unborn I'll give that a shot because Nitun rips through all my teams like theres no tommarow, came close once when in desperation I used three Runts, but that was only because I managed to stun him twice
Stunted Shardhorns (Tiny rhinos from Sholazar) are also excellent, especially as they only come in 2 breeds: H/H and P/P.
Using an Unborn isn't necessary at all. Any undead pets will do (within reason), as the key tip to this thread is using pets that won't let Nitun make use of his powerful self-heal.
A modification to this idea is to use pets that you can reliably self-kill before Nitun kills them. This requires a pet faster than Nitun or some careful timing.
...or one s/s zandalari raptor.

Dead in 3 turns.
Made a guide for our guild. This is how I beat him every time. Pets easily found in the world. I use rares but i bet you could get by with 1 uncommon.

Nitun: Him killing a pet gives him 1/3 - 1/2 hp heal, Undead break this.
Amethyst Spiderling H/S: Brittle Webbing, Spiderling Swarm, Swap to Spirit Crab
Spirit Crab H/S: Whirlpool, Snap till Dead x 2
Giant Bone Spider P/S: Webbing, Spit should be dead now.

Last pet really doesn't matter as much as the first 2 as long as it hits beast hard and has decent speed.
Lol - just use your Unborn. Because everyone has one.

Just use 3 beasts - like any 3 beasts. He's not that hard.
That's super helpful for the people that are having problems. I actually have you on ignore, but actually opted to see what you had to say. Yeah, I just won't do that again. The "If you need help" threads are actually NOT aimed at the "I don't need help" players. I know, weird.

Not sure where this is coming from being I'm giving great advice. I understand that people enjoy giving tips on what they use and such - that's all fine and dandy (maybe not the Unborn tactic since not many have one). But the best advice for the legendary pets are counters. I experiment daily to break the monotony with different pets that are counters and I rarely have issues.

When I say 'it's not that hard', it actually isn't. I'm not being cocky or an elitist - I'm saying it's not that hard. The amount of QQ posts these pets get says many find it hard. When you give out sound advice - it becomes easy.
Ghostly skull/unborn valkyr attack till death when rezed use unholy acension (prevents nitun from healing)
use Wild hammer gryphon hatchling. peck>adrenaline rush>lift off
GG

i beat him in 1 attempt with only these 2 pets
you may want to keep another flying pet if u get some bad luck
You don't need to use unholy ascension to prevent Nitun's heal. Undead pets aren't 'killed', at least from Nitun's attacks, so Nitun's heals never get triggered.

Not sure where this is coming from being I'm giving great advice. I understand that people enjoy giving tips on what they use and such - that's all fine and dandy (maybe not the Unborn tactic since not many have one). But the best advice for the legendary pets are counters. I experiment daily to break the monotony with different pets that are counters and I rarely have issues.

When I say 'it's not that hard', it actually isn't. I'm not being cocky or an elitist - I'm saying it's not that hard. The amount of QQ posts these pets get says many find it hard. When you give out sound advice - it becomes easy.

I don't understand why you're "... not sure where this is coming from."

Simply stating "use three beasts" is NOT great advice, because for the most part that leads to defeat, at least in my experience it does. I tried a number of combinations of beasts, and sure all their beast attacks were strong. That's not the problem.

The problem is mitigating the large hits that ravage does - anywhere from 500 to 750 to over 1000 points, combined with the major heal that Nitun receives when it kills. At those sorts of numbers, you can expect a sequence like "rake / ravage / ravage" to three hit a typical blue beast. That means you get two or three hits in before your beast is dead,

Others have posted exact team composition and moves used, if you want to be helpful, you'll do the same.
I took a break from pet dailies for awhile and now see the fabled pets were BUFFED.

Lucky Yi is especially annoying. How is it that stupid thing can heal almost to full health SO often in a battle? Even using beast abilities, I still can't out damage the constant heals. I can beat him only when rng is on my side. Really, why were these fabled pets buffed just because the dailies are split up now? You kept the tedium the same
I took a break from pet dailies for awhile and now see the fabled pets were BUFFED.

Lucky Yi is especially annoying. How is it that stupid thing can heal almost to full health SO often in a battle? Even using beast abilities, I still can't out damage the constant heals. I can beat him only when rng is on my side. Really, why were these fabled pets buffed just because the dailies are split up now? You kept the tedium the same

Posting in a thread telling you how to do something easy that it is hard seems a bit off.
surprised nobody mentioned Summit Kid. Chew, Stampede combined with amethyst spider.
Anything you can do to avoid that ravage (dodges, feign death, survival on a fast pet) helps.

But you CAN just smash through it with damage. For a while I was just expecting my first two pets to die with minimal impact inflicting damage modifiers and buffs (kun-lai runt and an alpine fox) and then the third pet to do all the damage (a bucktooth flapper) which worked fairly well.

Now I just run a scourged whelp as the first pet and the combination of being undead and inflicting diseased blood means that he never kills the second pet.
Made a guide for our guild. This is how I beat him every time. Pets easily found in the world. I use rares but i bet you could get by with 1 uncommon.

Nitun: Him killing a pet gives him 1/3 - 1/2 hp heal, Undead break this.
Amethyst Spiderling H/S: Brittle Webbing, Spiderling Swarm, Swap to Spirit Crab
Spirit Crab H/S: Whirlpool, Snap till Dead x 2
Giant Bone Spider P/S: Webbing, Spit should be dead now.

Last pet really doesn't matter as much as the first 2 as long as it hits beast hard and has decent speed.

I really love this! I'm not one for farming rare-pets, I collected everything once, whether it was poor, common, uncommon, or rare, for the Zookeeper achievement and I am not going back! I love Spiderlings because, as you said, Brittle Webbing and Swarm are amazing and do loads of damage.