85s thread of I fought a bear once

Battlegrounds
1 2 3 26 Next
New Thread!
85 XP-Off Community Information
Join the community! Visit Behsten in Stormwind or Slahtz in Orgrimmar to turn off your experience.

Note: Players that have not upgraded to Mists of Pandaria will automatically be queued in the experience-off bracket.

Note: All Season 11 (Cataclysmic) gear is now available at vendors in Dalaran Sewers and Gadgetzan. It's too bad it does nothing against bears.

Note: Due to the addition of BG scaling & changes to resilience; the benefit of wearing Cataclysmic has greatly diminished compared to previous patches. Many players now choose to wear full MoP.

Note: Here is a helpful guide for gear (and bears) by Peculia!
http://www.wowhead.com/news=210062/gear-guide-twinking-with-pandaria-gear

Advantages of twinking at 85
  • Fast queues (generally 5-10 minutes during peak hours) (depending on battlegroup)
  • Less gear disparity than many other brackets, particularly 80-84
  • Healers aren't Godmode like at 70, they are Godmode like bears. Some of them can even turn into bears, but most are not bears.
  • Very small bot presence
  • Bears

Disadvantages of twinking at 85
  • It can be expensive to level professions, gem, and enchant your gear - but once you're done, you're done! No endgame gear treadmill.
  • Some BiS items require camping either the auction house for rare items or camping rare spawns in Pandaria (but viable alternatives exist)
  • Bears

Professions of note - max level 600
  • Through Archaeology you can acquire Spear of Xuen, Mantid Sky Reaver, Umbrella of Chi-Ji, Quilen Statuette, Sonic Pulse Generator. Warning do not level Archaeology past 525 if you are only interested in the Panda and Mogu items; the fragments needed for both of those branches can be easily gathered in the Jade Forest, and will make the grind much easier for a non-90.
  • Alchemy increases the effects of almost all consumables as well as offering Zen Alchemist Stone.
  • Blacksmithing allows you to add two more MoP gems to your gear.
  • Bears allow you to add a bear to your gear.
  • Engineering has helpful and entertaining tinkers as well as a very powerful Helmet at lv600.
  • Herbalism allows you to acquire Water Spirit and Life Spirit in addition to Lifeblood (2880 haste for 20 seconds).

Other Items of Note
  • Sun-Lute of the Phoenix King (http://www.wowhead.com/item=44924) 10,000 years ago the great bear god Proximos Omega Orion of the Seventh Star, called down the mighty Sun-Lute to smite those deemed unworthy to enter the mighty space bear kingdom located on Zephos Prime XXIV.
  • Kafa Press
  • Crystal of Insanity
  • Bears of Obscurity

Arenas
To queue for Arenas, you no longer need to enable your xp. You do need to enable your bears.

Raiding
Battletags are used to organize raids and pvp groups. Browse the thread for current information.

Guilds
  • Horde
    • <Bearwolftriceratiger> Undermine

• Alliance
    • <WEBECAMPIN> Frostmourne
    • <OS Gaming> Kel`thuzard
    • <Oppressus> Eitrigg
    • <Sawes Six Gaming> Gilneas

If your guild is not on the list, leave a comment so we can add it.
New Thread!

- Healers aren't Godmode like at 70

fixt.
SIR I DEMAND YOU FIX THIS. :)

It has been fixed.
06/06/2013 12:00 AMPosted by Lostforest
SIR I DEMAND YOU FIX THIS. :)

It has been fixed.

... I... LOVE IT!
I think you and I would be best friends Lostforest
06/06/2013 12:09 AMPosted by Lostgravity
I think you and I would be best friends Lostforest

It would never work between us, there's just to much of a numbers gap... if you know what I mean.
It has been fixed.

i c wut u did tharr hehehhehe
It would never work between us, there's just to much of a numbers gap... if you know what I mean.

B-But I can change!
ddddd

Guilds
  • Horde
    • <Bearwolftriceratiger> Undermine

I like how we fit into the theme...
New Thread!

- Healers aren't Godmode like at 70

fixt.
70 is actually way better than 85 in the current state of game seeing as how at 70 healer's can die, but not in a blanket silence or DR'd asphyxiate from some backpeddling lute wielding DK ):

fixt.
70 is actually way better than 85 in the current state of game seeing as how at 70 healer's can die, but not in a blanket silence or DR'd asphyxiate from some backpeddling lute wielding DK ):

or by a bad warlock while killing virtua who is popping die by the sword with HOP on himself while he jumps on circles getting hit by howling blast
or you could start some yolo rbgs and cap in an hour

Or,team up with a BM hunter for 2s and blow up something in a stun lol

Hehe, both valid options.

So Titania, now that you have your Tyr sword, how does it feel to wield the power of Grayskull? I must know!
-sun-lute nerfed

Discuss my brethren.
-sun-lute nerfed

Discuss my brethren.

?
?

Going to assume we're talking about it not scaling in bgs?

Either way though, it still hits like a truck.
Ah yeah I figured it was going to be something new and exciting. It still hits plenty hard enough.
Anyone know which rares are avail in the Vale for an 85? I had a mage port me in and it seems like most of them are phased out except Kal'tik, Yorik, Sahn and Ai-ran.
Anyone know which rares are avail in the Vale for an 85? I had a mage port me in and it seems like most of them are phased out except Kal'tik, Yorik, Sahn and Ai-ran.

Good news friend! You still get loot if grouped with Phased 90. For 2 person flying there's a spot by the wall which is unphased for mounting to other areas.