So I have this simple macro il share with you

Paladin
I have been using it a lot in pve and it help you do more dmg, its a simple macro with holy prism. so the definition of holy prism is

If an enemy is the prism, they take 14523 to 17750 (+ 142.8% of Spell Power) Holy damage and radiate 9794 to 11969 (+ 96.2% of Spell Power) healing to 5 nearby allies within 15 yards.

If an ally is the prism, they are healed for 14523 to 17750 (+ 142.8% of Spell Power) and radiate 9794 to 11969 (+ 96.2% of Spell Power) Holy damage to 5 nearby enemies within 15 yards.

So you make a macro /use [@your name] Holy prism

Instead of it hitting one person kinda hard it hits 5 but it only heals you, the numbers can be really nice on trash pulls.
#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Holy Prism
/cast [mod, @player] Holy Prism

Better macro. Works both ways for superior situational usefulness.
Yeah I just have 2 separate binds one for my target and one for me.
I have a question about Holy Prizm. I was just about to take the plunge and try my first LFR,when it dawned on me that the other players might not appreciate my use of Lights Hammer. I use it a lot for soloing old stuff because I can toss it at a group and keep hitting the one in front of me , I have to be careful because it can pull some unintended mobs .But that leaves me with some down time where I could have used something but dare not,for fear I will pull extra trash and risk the wrath of wrathful raiders,lol . I am heading out to practice with Holy Prizm in a few minutes ,I guess that first run will wait another day. Should I use the Macro ? Do you have some tips for using HP ? Is it better to practice on actual mobs with HP ? I don't think the dummies will be doing too much moving around.

Any help is greatly appreciated,after some advice on this forum ,with some particular advice about gemming and reforging that really hit home( thanks Grognard) , Dalles is much improved ,and I felt brave enough to join groups doing Nalak and taking down rares on T I . I really enjoy this game ,and the help here is well thought out and clearly explained . Thanks!!
06/07/2013 08:56 PMPosted by Dalles
Do you have some tips for using HP

Target an enemy or friendly, press the keybind.
LOL. I guess I'm making it too hard. I turned on my Spellflash to practice and all . When do you use it ? Only for multiple mobs or when 1vs1 as well ? Is it a part of your rotation or is it sort of saved for need ,if so ,when is it needed ?

Please forgive the noob questions,imagine your grandmother playing WOW .

Thank you for the help!!
06/07/2013 08:56 PMPosted by Dalles
Do you have some tips for using HP ? Is it better to practice on actual mobs with HP ? I don't think the dummies will be doing too much moving around.

Practice in raids, people whine and complain about people doing bad dps in LFR, but it really doesn't matter. Don't be afraid of doing low dps, or dying to ground effects, or even getting kicked. Just get your practice in and you'll get better at it, and it gets more fun the better you get at it.
Prism is best used as filler when all your generators are on cooldown and you don't have enough HoPo for a finisher, or if you need a heal, or if several nearby friendlies need a quick heal.

For sustained DPS, though, LH would be better, even ST. It's stronger damage, and eases the burden on your healers by a fair bit if you can get a good many allies in it, too. In the end, though, you really just need to use what you're most comfortable with and ignore the goons that will troll you for going against the grain.
I feel much better. I was concerned that it feels awkward to me using HP . I think I will use what I know,and practice using HP some each day.

Thank you !!
Now a real noob question. Do I have to have vent or anything for LFR ?
only thing i would recommend external wise is Deadly Boss Mods or anything like it and damage meter so you can check how you are doing dps wise. vent /team speak or mumble? not needed at all.
Ok,I just installed DBM. Have no clue what it does so will give it shot. I tried Skada I am not sure what it all means , but I will use it .

Thanks again!
No. No communication of any sort is required for LFR; you can even turn off your chat box if you like...And sometimes this is the best thing to do. Had a Warrior tank today calling me a bad DPS when I kept stripping off him and then he realized he wasn't in a Stance - not just not in his tank stance, but not in a stance at all. And he continued to parade himself about as the epitome of skill as if he was carrying the group or some such.

There's a reason LFR is sometimes called "Looking For Retards."
LOL . I think I "lost" my seal once . I am in Queue. DBM has decided not to work,prob need to reboot but I said the heck with it,just go for it.We will see.
Well,I guess I will try again tomorrow,I didn't think it would take this long on the weekend,lol.

Good night all
I don't understand why you would need to macro holy prism. The default self-cast will target your character when you press alt+[the key to which you bind holy prism]. I use holy prism for tanking, and just self-casting it gives me snap threat once I have a little vengeance built up.
No. No communication of any sort is required for LFR; you can even turn off your chat box if you like...And sometimes this is the best thing to do. Had a Warrior tank today calling me a bad DPS when I kept stripping off him and then he realized he wasn't in a Stance - not just not in his tank stance, but not in a stance at all. And he continued to parade himself about as the epitome of skill as if he was carrying the group or some such.

Too bad he wasn't dps or you could have BoPed him.
Too bad he wasn't dps or you could have BoPed him.

Don't joke; I've done that to physical DPS before.