Celestial Blessing for Hunters Strategy!!

Quests
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
Thanks folks! Managed that strat which worked for me.

Survival with posthaste and exhileration helped.

After the first blobs were down I ran to the balcony and the new ones followed. FD'd and they returned, Wrathion was well done in health (155k dps helps).

Popped, bandaged, rez pet and waited for Wrathion to get thru his mirror images which I didnt have to kill, then he came up for cocktails on the balcony.

Finished him off there before new blobs spawned.

Collect cloak :)

What does Wrathion drink? I'm thinking Dragon's Milk Stout!

http://newhollandbrew.com/beer/mainstays/dragons-milk-bourbon-barrel-stout/
The bad part as a hunter doing the ranged dps challenge is that we get an intellect buff instead of an agility one to help our class out as the other classes benefit from there specific challenge buff.
The bad part as a hunter doing the ranged dps challenge is that we get an intellect buff instead of an agility one to help our class out as the other classes benefit from there specific challenge buff.

Yup. So in return, we thank Blizzard with this strat.
Has this been hotfixed? After the mirror image, the blobs spawn, aggro and chase after me at what seems to be double speed even though Im at the farthest spot on the balcony. Having a tough time getting past the super-fast blobs to kill Wrathion.
I posted a much easier sure-fire strategy here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377138150

Do this and you'll have your cloak within an hour.
I was watching a video for Xuen's challenge and couldn't notice any difference between this one and Yu'lon's. Are there any? Did anyone try to do Xuen's challenge as a hunter to get the 10% agility buff? Gonna check that one tonight to see how it goes.
Thanks for all the info guys. I got the heart tonight and went and 1 shot it after raid as bm. I just dpsed the crap outta him and he was below 45% b4 the adds came (I'm 530 ilvl). Then I ran up to the back of the balcony fd and waited for the mirror images to go away. I rezzed my pet and had 1 more mirror phase before he was dead. It was super easy. Enjoy getting your awesome cloak.
Followed the directions today and got him, very well written guide :)
I picked up the quest today, headed over to the NPC to start this event.

After 6 bad tries to figure out all the mechanics of the fight, I decided lets hit the internet see what people were doing as hunters. The strats mentioned above do work, although I didn' t face most of those scenarios people were dealing with.

I completed this quest as a 524 Survival Hunter. I started behind him, (flasked / fed) and blew all my DPS CDs, then as the adds formed and started chasing me. I dropped snakes and frost to gain some distance. Did about a full circle in the initial room, he went mirror phase. I ran to the balcony edge, adds followed, I feigned and watched him spam his AOE and my pet die. I revived my pet and had it stay with me. Once he was done, he ported to me and I got my pet on him again. Had him right up on the edge of the balcony, I used a disengage to gain some distance and nuked him for that last 20ish % on the spot.

I think my 1st tries I over thought this fight, then I read these strats here and formed a combination of my own, literally killed him after reading here on my next try. So for people having trouble with this fight, just relax, read these posts, make sure your gear is gemmed and so on, fed, flasked, have your CDs up, and make sure your max distance from him and adds. In the end it will be patience, max DPS output and your ability to dance threw the fight, goodluck.
Yeah, for destro locks, cheese the blobs with the gateway to balcony aggro dump right AS the blobs come out and stay at the far end of the balcony. Dps Wrathion and self heal. DO NOT follow Wrathion back down for his false images phases. Self heal and prepare for his next attack. Stay at the far end of the balcony and you shouldn't even have to see another blob throughout the fight. As destro I temporarily went GoSac & Howl of Terror and kept spamming fear in between the regular rotation. I also went glyph of healthstone just for this fight.
Glad to know that the strategy mechanics work for other classes, not just hunters.
I was watching a video for Xuen's challenge and couldn't notice any difference between this one and Yu'lon's. Are there any? Did anyone try to do Xuen's challenge as a hunter to get the 10% agility buff? Gonna check that one tonight to see how it goes.

The Melee/Range DPS challenges, and the Healer/Tank challenges are identical. The only things different between them are the location where you do it (and the amount of cheese you can pull off in said areas; at Niuzao you can get a Shado-Pan companion, in Krasarang you can hire faction mercenaries from your faction base).

As an aside, my mage guildie tried and had success standing on the rail on the balcony. The adds can't reach you, but you have to move along the rail to avoid Wrath's AOE and ground assault. He had success with that and did that at the very beginning of the fight ignoring *all* adds altogether. I imagine he still had to deal with the clones though, even when on the railing.

This worked for me! Thank you so much, I've been having so much trouble kiting those darn things!
Went straight to the railing after the Blobs were initially summoned - They indeed cannot reach you on the rail and do not aggro back after the mirror image phase.
As a hunter it was easy to move my pet to the center of the room to avoid the ground aoe. Still had to move side to side for the falling aoe however - so be careful.

I was also able to place my pet on passive on the mirror image phase. Just had to jump down to get Wrathion to run back to the balcony.
If you're capable of pulling heavy dps, you can just keep traps around Wrathion to ensnare the oozes while running in circle and DPSing his back. Was doing 400k DPS while ignoring the adds without ever losing a single HP. I didn't even get the mirror phase.

Pretty much one shot it without breaking sweat. And here I thought I was going to get some butt whomping, not him. lol

Edit, I didn't change any of the talents or glyphs. Just winged it with my 2nd spec build.
Jin,
You are the man !!! Did exactly what you said and it worked perfectly. I did change one of the talents to Blink , that helped a lot. Thanks again!!!

Bear
anyone know the best place to do this? meaning is there any more room any one place compared to another?
Just got the last runestone today. Looked here and tried the strat and failed as BM 518 ilvl. Switched to survival and changed pet to ravager, and my talents were 2 1 1 2 1 1. had food and flask buff. With pre traps(make sure you let the cd run out for black arrow before you pull) and pre pot I went in trying to burn him. Hit 359,516 DPS for a total of 54 seconds while kiting the blobs through frost traps. Didn't even get to the clone phase when he died. 608 cloak FTW! Hope this helps anyone having trouble!
anyone know the best place to do this? meaning is there any more room any one place compared to another?

Best place to do this after the first mirror image phase is at the very end of the balcony. Imagine the circular shape of the balcony in two sections and stay in the half that faces the tail end of the Flying Serpent. Stay there through the rest of the fight and feign death during each mirror image face if the fight persists that much longer.

Remember, after you have feign death you can bandage yourself with no interruptions while Wrathion is busy at the lower level casting his mirror images.

Good luck!
I used a core-hound, popped all cooldowns right up front with potions and food buff. Followed the strategy in this thread with FD on the balconey. Used a bandage to get my health up and rezzed pet. Kept moving when he came after me and killed him.

It took me alot of tries(hours) until I used the corehound. I killed him on the second try after that.

Best,
Ky