Why can't mages cast Blizzard...

Mage
Post Limit:
The same way Warlocks cast Rain of Fire at a location, and then continue to cast? Specifically, frost specialized mages? I know, obvious bias, but whatever. That just sounds awesome. Oh yeah and give me a quest that changes the visuals of my spells somehow, too. Karazhan IMO.

Someday, soon I hope. *Glimpses off into the sky*
^^
06/11/2013 05:04 PMPosted by Bixbie
The same way Warlocks cast Rain of Fire at a location, and then continue to cast?

Oh so much this.
Even after the changes, I still find I get more damage out of chucking a flamestrike on the ground and spamming AE.
As a warlock, I don't see why frost mages can't either so long as they remove the slow effect from it. We lost our RoF stun, so take out the blizzard slow and let you guys cast it like we can.

Now, take a moment of silence to remember our good level 90 talent friend KJC who passed away :(
This has been asked so much. I thought thats what the changes to 5.3 was going to be but... nope. Blizz hates us. Just like the only changes shown for mages for 5.4 are some changes to glyphs. Lol.

I really hope more changes are coming as there are things they need to address.
Now, take a moment of silence to remember our good level 90 talent friend KJC who passed away :(

They are taking KJC out? I have just been level gearing my alt Lock. In fact ran ToT lfr today and went from ilvl 485 to 495. Wish I got gear that easily on my mage. My Warlock iss quickly catching up in gear that seems to have taken forever on my mage.

I always did kinda think KJC was a bit OP for a caster....BUT thats mostly somewhat due to jealousy from my mage only wishing he had THAT much mobility. Fire mage mobility isnt bad, but not EVER having to stop casting to move? Jelly fo sho! LOL, although I have wanted to stop casting a time or two on the lock, jumped or moved (like I normally do on my mage if I need to quickly do something else) and I keep right on casting. Takes a little getting used to, especially swapping back and forth btw mage and lock with KJC.

When is it getting nerfed out? That kinda blows.....but I cant say I didnt expect that.
did i miss the memo where mages and locks became friends?
We're only friends with warlocks, when we have to kite DKs. Sorry :(

We'll mourn the death of KJC with Warlocks while they are in the room, but as soon as they leave for the funeral service we are busting out the Dom P, blow and strippers and partying like its 1983.
06/13/2013 10:15 AMPosted by Grimsheeper

We'll mourn the death of KJC with Warlocks while they are in the room, but as soon as they leave for the funeral service we are busting out the Dom P, blow and strippers and partying like its 1983.

I loled
Kil'Jaedens Cunning, it's basically permanent ice floes for warlocks. Going down to a cooldown with 25% uptime in the next patch.
06/11/2013 08:18 PMPosted by Ertholas
I don't see why frost mages can't either so long as they remove the slow effect from it. We lost our RoF stun, so take out the blizzard slow and let you guys cast it like we can.

Do I smell a new minor glyph?
Glyph of Endless Winter - Removes the slow effect from your Blizzard spell, but removes the channelling requirements.

It'd be nice if they changed the graphics too, maybe something that looks a little more akin to RoF, with Icy meteors raining down...
06/15/2013 05:54 AMPosted by Tuckletuts
I don't see why frost mages can't either so long as they remove the slow effect from it. We lost our RoF stun, so take out the blizzard slow and let you guys cast it like we can.

Do I smell a new minor glyph?
Glyph of Endless Winter - Removes the slow effect from your Blizzard spell, but removes the channelling requirements.

It'd be nice if they changed the graphics too, maybe something that looks a little more akin to RoF, with Icy meteors raining down...

Well they are now losing the RoF insta cast and has to be channeled again. So there goes our arguement in favor of the same for blizzard.....they didnt give us that and nerfed locks to make up for it. :'(
It's so not worth channeling.
Moving while spamming AoE across the entire map should be taken out of the game completely. Its the most BS ability in the game. Make it so rogues/druids cant get popped from AoE then my all means give all casters the ability to move while casting AoE.

Play a stealthy and you will see what I mean.
Agree, I rarely use it unless my other cds are down or I'm in a situation where getting close enough to AE could be deadly.
I really don't see the big deal lol. If you wanna be a Lock just lvl one. I have one it's fun. Mages are disgusting right now on the charts. I don't see how we always find stuff to complain about. My only wish is that we had something to drop the frost pet or make him smaller. Maybe like a glyph to make it a Frost welp or something idk. What would be cool is if you could replace him for a shoulder cannon. Maybe the trade off is that you can't cast freeze anymore but you gain a high chance for fingers of frost.......... idk. The last bit is kind of a pvp balance thing.
Just to note,

Blizzard hits like a truck compared to RoF.

If you want it to be fire and forget like RoF, then the spell will have to be nerfed purdy hard to compensate.