Tier 16 Set Bonuses

Mage
Post Limit:
Item - Mage T16 2P Bonus (New) Arcane Missiles causes your next Arcane Blast within 10 sec to cost 25% less mana, stacking up to 4 times. Consuming Brain Freeze grants 1 charge of Fingers of Frost. Consuming Pyroblast! increases your haste by 750 for 4 sec, stacking up to 5 times.

Item - Mage T16 4P Bonus (New) Arcane Missiles has a 20% chance to not consume Arcane Missiles!. Consuming Brain Freeze has a 75% chance to drop an icy boulder on your target. Fireball and Pyroblast have a 10% chance to cause Inferno Blast to have no cooldown for 6 sec.

these...............................................
don't look so bad.......................
for arcane >:)
Here's hoping fire's 4 piece is still being tweaked. Fire's not using IB anywhere near off cooldown as it is, dont see how that change will be a significant boost.
Fire bonus looks terrible, I don't even barely need Inferno at this gear level with HS + HU banking. Should get this changed.
The other bonuses all sound boring compared to dropping an icy boulder on your Brain Freeze target.
I get the feeling that Fire's is poorly mined or something. I could see it being useful if the 4p gave you a consumable buff with a 6 second duration that took IB off the GCD, but this seems to scream 2p+whateverthenewthunderforgedis.

Arcane looks entertaining. Smoother at least.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z9pg9fgxoyg4vfkk/sum/damageDone/?s=243&e=423

Only needed to use Inferno Blast 8 times on Jin
Yeah, even the 2pc looks lackluster. That buff only being 4s long, even though it does stack, is going to fall off all the time.

Maybe that's the design behind it, but I certainly hope they don't want us trying to time bomb refreshes around a hotstreak + heating up + hope for a crit ---> bomb ---> pyro just to not drop the stacks.

The 4pc for fire is completely useless. The few times I wish I had inferno blast off CD isn't worth a 4pc bonus, and an RNG one at that. If this is the 4pc, it needs to be tweaked to add an additional charge to IB or to simply reset the CD on it at the least.

I'm thinking that the devs are thinking fires scaling is going to be through the roof in t16 gear and we just don't need a set bonus period to compete. This will be interesting to watch as they tweak it i guess.
Tweeted GC about the inferno bonus. It's useless. Especially for a 4pc of the final tier of the expansion, and they always go nuts with final tier bonuses.
I'm thinking that the devs are thinking fires scaling is going to be through the roof in t16 gear and we just don't need a set bonus period to compete

That would be such a terrible mentality :/ Id be okay with not having tier gear be optimal, but not having the option of interesting new set bonuses to look forward to stinks
Frost seems pretty weak. We're already flooding in fingers of frost procs. Seems like they want frost to just be a mashing of instant spells. Wonder what stat would work best for crit capped ice lance and ffb procs and 0.4 second frostbolts. The comet probably won't scale with anything but spell damage and crit, which isn't going to be great either.
inb4 5.4 comes out and the new mage pvp strategy is to hit people with frostbomb +brainfreeze/icy boulder in a deep freeze.
Arcane looks sweet.
who the hell wants to play arcane? its boring as hell..
Frost & Arcane look okay. Can't say much for Fire.
I love the chance for more arcane missles. With a properly executed Alter Time you could pump out some crazy streams of damage. As an arcane mage, I also enjoy the cheaper arcane blasts to stay closer to 100% mana.
fire looks good to me, 2pc will give a chunk of haste during that alter time pyro spam set up for combustion and some haste spurts during good rng and then the 4pc seems geared towards aoe, if it procs after you combust you have 6 seconds to spread dots around. not too bad, should tweak it to always proc with combustion as well as random chance.
must...know what kind of damage the frost 4p does
I'm sure they will nerf CM yet again then we wont be criting so much and need to use IB more.
I'm sure they will nerf CM yet again then we wont be criting so much and need to use IB more.

This, a million times this.

You are kidding yourself if u think there isn't going to be a nerf to CM.

They will let u enjoy ur high crit levels for now, just like in previous patches, but a nerf is coming - mark my words!
probly will be they always do nerf fire, but the 4pc could save a bad rng string with a proc just IB 3 times and good to go as well as its cleave potential.