A hollow shell of what we once were...

Paladin
Post Limit:
This post is in regards to Retribution. I remember the ol Lich king days when ppl feared the pally. We were an almost necessary part of that whole expansion. Since then thou we have been long forgotten as the DK remains "OP" in most ppls eyes. Between us and the other melee classes I still feel we are on the low side of the totem pole. My point is it is not the damage that is hurting us. It is our utility. A DK has grip. Warrior has his charge and leap. Our weak talent to judge and move fast for a shortly just doesn't cut it. We don't have that "in your face" move. We have no aoe to break stealth anymore. Our cleanse might as well just not exist compared to what it was. The remove movement impairing effects is almost useless. The moment I need it most it doesn't remove whats on me. Hammer of Wrath is a joke now. I remember when ppl just wanted a pally for kings or might. You don't even need us now with the DK's having our same buff...... It just seems like so much time was spend weakening the pally that they left us a mangled version of what was a cool class to play. Please blizz load a pally from Lich and play it and tell it is not a blast to play and then go to what we have now and you just feel like ur playing with your hands tied behind your back. The class feels more restricted than powerful. Note these are suppose the be the force that can conquer all evil. Champions of light. Bringers of justice. The class just doesn't have that unique feel anymore. So this is a call to my Ret pally brothers. Speak your mind. I would like to see what some of the other Ret pallies think.
This post is in regards to Retribution. I remember the ol Lich king days when ppl feared the pally. We were an almost necessary part of that whole expansion. Since then thou we have been long forgotten as the DK remains "OP" in most ppls eyes. Between us and the other melee classes I still feel we are on the low side of the totem pole. My point is it is not the damage that is hurting us. It is our utility. A DK has grip. Warrior has his charge and leap. Our weak talent to judge and move fast for a shortly just doesn't cut it. We don't have that "in your face" move. We have no aoe to break stealth anymore. Our cleanse might as well just not exist compared to what it was. The remove movement impairing effects is almost useless. The moment I need it most it doesn't remove whats on me. Hammer of Wrath is a joke now. I remember when ppl just wanted a pally for kings or might. You don't even need us now with the DK's having our same buff...... It just seems like so much time was spend weakening the pally that they left us a mangled version of what was a cool class to play. Please blizz load a pally from Lich and play it and tell it is not a blast to play and then go to what we have now and you just feel like ur playing with your hands tied behind your back. The class feels more restricted than powerful. Note these are suppose the be the force that can conquer all evil. Champions of light. Bringers of justice. The class just doesn't have that unique feel anymore. So this is a call to my Ret pally brothers. Speak your mind. I would like to see what some of the other Ret pallies think.

Oh my god you are bad.

If this is a troll it deserves 10/10
Ret in Wrath was a facerolling joke; we're much better off now than we were then.

And DK's bring neither Kings nor Might; they bring Attack Power baseline, and DPS ones also bring Attack Speed.
Wotlk was the only xpac I missed, so I can't speak from personal experience. But from my understanding of the class then and from what I'm reading from your post, you want our class to be faceroll and so OP it gets nerfed to the ground... that sound about right?

Other than that, I wonder if we're playing the same game, because a lot of the things stated here by you are incorrect. I get that you're venting, but your point could at least be rooted in reality. I find it hard to take you seriously.

I suggest you read the Ret sticky or ask for help, because something tells me that you are doing it very wrong.
Ret in Wrath was a facerolling joke; we're much better off now than we were then.

And DK's bring neither Kings nor Might; they bring Attack Power baseline, and DPS ones also bring Attack Speed.

Ummmm no it was not actually xD but yea Ret is the best its ever been right now.
06/13/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Nytró
Ummmm no it was not actually xD

Considering that there was insignificantly minimal loss of output for extremely poor performance, and our only real high points were Naxx and ICC - where there were copious amounts of undead to give us an edge, both in terms of Exo auto-crits and free damage via Glyph of Sense Undead - then, yes, it was.
06/13/2013 04:50 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Ummmm no it was not actually xD

Considering that there was insignificantly minimal loss of output for extremely poor performance, and our only real high points were Naxx and ICC - where there were copious amounts of undead to give us an edge, both in terms of Exo auto-crits and free damage via Glyph of Sense Undead - then, yes, it was.

No idea where you're getting those facts from but Ret was pretty decent all the way through wrath and had its very high point during tier 10 in regards to PvE sooo
No idea where you're getting those facts from but Ret was pretty decent all the way through wrath and had its very high point during tier 10 in regards to PvE sooo

I can grant you that, perhaps; I actually started raiding as Prot, didn't transition to raiding Ret until ICC. But the minimal-output-loss/poor-performance thing stands. I saw that far, far too often back in Wrath.
06/13/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Grôgnárd

I can grant you that, perhaps; I actually started raiding as Prot, didn't transition to raiding Ret until ICC. But the minimal-output-loss/poor-performance thing stands. I saw that far, far too often back in Wrath.

Then you didn't get the whole story xD only in ICC
Shh no tears, just dreams now.
I miss killing myself with a Seal of Blood Judgement on Razuvious adds in WotLK Naxx.
1 button /cast random macro to victory!!!!!
We are a shell of what we once were, but that shell is filled with awesome.

Ret was really quite awful for the majority of LK after the zomgwtf hotfix nerfs at the start of S5. A big part of our problems were hidden by the first raid tier being basically all undead, only got a little better in Uld, and really did not take off in terms of being accepted dps until ICC. And at that point you could quite literally hit any active ability, or get a macro keyboard to do it for you, and get 90%+ dps of the absolute optimal rotation. Every PTR and tier was an absolute yoyo for us, we got significant changes every one followed by hotfix nerfs.

06/13/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Ret in Wrath was a facerolling joke

1 button /cast random macro to victory!!!!!
People still play paladins?

Not everyone's a quitter, y'know; some of us are actually good enough to stick it out and make it work - and work quite well!
Ret's the best it's ever been right now. Move along.
make it work - and work quite well!

Grognard smash lfr bosses RAWR

Armory trolling, you're adorable.

Not that it matters, but there are plenty of Rets smashing heroics.

Paladins are great, go cry in the Warlock forums like all the others are over the PTR notes.
06/13/2013 06:15 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Armory trolling, you're adorable.

Strictly speaking, he can't really armory troll right now.

Grognard smash lfr bosses RAWR

And reg bosses, actually. And as Ret, no less. Stop being bad. Stop trolling. Just GTFO.