[5.4] Golden Lotus Dailies

General Discussion
Post Limit:
So, with the daily quest hub being.. well.. destroyed, how are we supposed to get rep for those people at 90, are the dailies still going to be there, but phased? Are they getting revamped to match the changes? Or are we supposed to farm those Zandalari for the rep? What's going on?
If you need the rep, run heroics, it takes more or less the same.
Tabard dungeon grinding.
Im guessing they are scrapping the GL rep, considering how the schievement for doing their quests is going to be a FOS. I wonder what they are going to do with the cranes....
Killing mobs and sha grants rep now.
Currently, on the PTR, killing mobs in the Vale grants rep with the Golden Lotus.

There may be new quests added, too.
I can't say I'm sad to see those dailies go...
Let's hope it stays that way, what with the mobs giving rep, because I want this character to be able to get exalted. I didn't really mind the dailies, but I felt they were too grindy and slow. So, I'm happy about that change at least.

Well, sure, but I'm not going to be happy if the only way to get rep for GL now is to grind mobs in the Vale and do the Sha once a week. I have other tailors that I was considering doing that rep on for the patterns (since Imperial Silk is basically useless otherwise), and of course you have to do GL before you can do AC for the Royal Satchel pattern.
I'm gonna miss setting baby spiders on fire.
These are currently my favourite dailies to do to get lesser charms :(

So close, so easy, so fast!
Really glad I did mine a long time ago.
I have other tailors that I was considering doing that rep on for the patterns (since Imperial Silk is basically useless otherwise), and of course you have to do GL before you can do AC for the Royal Satchel pattern.

Actually you don't if I remember right. I believe 5.3 removed the GL requirement to do AC/Shado Pan dailies.
I only hope I can still get the sky shards...
I gotta admit I'm happy to hear that those dailies will be gone.

06/13/2013 06:33 AMPosted by Mystraele

Well, sure, but I'm not going to be happy if the only way to get rep for GL now is to grind mobs in the Vale and do the Sha once a week. I have other tailors that I was considering doing that rep on for the patterns (since Imperial Silk is basically useless otherwise), and of course you have to do GL before you can do AC for the Royal Satchel pattern.

They removed the Golden Lotus revered requirement to unlock August Celestials and Shado-Pan in 5.3. Plus, if you have the commendation you can probably get to revered with Shado-Pan simpy by questing through Townlong Steppes (the regular quests never had the Golden Lotus revered requirement).
and of course you have to do GL before you can do AC for the Royal Satchel pattern

This already isn't true. You don't have to wait for 5.4, you can jump right into AC quests without waiting for GL, right now. Some people didn't notice it in the last round of patches.
Oooohhh, thanks for the info about the GL requirement for doing AC dailies being removed everyone. I didn't realize that!
farm warbringers for a few hours then never think of GL again
I know people are reveling in some form of revenge against those mean, nasty dailies that forced you to do them for so long, but my concern is with the Vale itself. It's a gorgeous zone and it has certainly been changed for the worse. Going forward, are we going to be able to see it restored, or hop "back in time" to a non-corrupted version?
The more I think on this, the more bizarre it seems that they're taking out all of those dailies for GL. There are quite a few achievements connected to those dailies. I guess those won't be obtainable any longer?? That's rather disheartening...