combat pvp 5.4 the new sub??

Rogue
Post Limit:
just read the notes, combat might be lookin to be the go to spec for pvp in 5.4
I wish, I have my axes in my bags ready to use, but it will probably like always be sub, sure it could be viable, I even rbg as it from time to time.
Why just because killing spree is more usable? Highly doubt it will be the "new sub" shadowdance is way to powerful.
Combat will still have too much ramp up IMO due to Bandit's Guile to be effective in most comps.

Only way it could work is in a comp where the rogue can open with everything and guarantee a kill in the first Deep Insight Killing Spree.

In other words, Double Phys Damage with a Disc Priest. It allows the rogue and the DPS teammate to go really offensive all the time due to bubbles and Spirit Shell off the bat. Also full train damage.
It will not sadly. Killing spree is a nice fix but there still more problem with combat spec.
Needs more armor penetration and less ramp uptime.
Combat burst with proper setup is 1shot with killing spree. By ONLY hitting one target in 5.4 killing spree will be so insane.
Hm I might have to eat my own words.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Woundman/simple

Didn't even know Woundman played combat.....let alone in was 2.2k viable....

O_O
Yah, Combat is viable. Everything is, really. You can set up single target Killing Spree by CC'ing now on live. The other flaws with spec don't make it as good as Subtlety though.

Combat burst with proper setup is 1shot with killing spree. By ONLY hitting one target in 5.4 killing spree will be so insane.

Even with the PVE 4pc, the most damage I've done on the PTR is upwards of 50% inside BGs. But, it's usually less. Depends on the target, of course. Armor matters!
Sure, outside in the world where my gear isn't scaled down, I can hit a player for 70%+ with it. That doesn't really matter though, since they don't even care about world PVP.
I'm still struggling to figure out why they changed killing spree. I mean, yes it's annoying for the stupid thing to hit someone's pet or something, but that also added an element of strategy and timing to the use of the move. I can't just throw it on and expect a dead shaman, I have to get that shaman alone first.

The recuperate change is nice though.
I'm still struggling to figure out why they changed killing spree. I mean, yes it's annoying for the stupid thing to hit someone's pet or something, but that also added an element of strategy and timing to the use of the move. I can't just throw it on and expect a dead shaman, I have to get that shaman alone first.

Killing spree hitting pets and guardians pretty dumb and most of the time people counter it without even trying to with those. Jumping from player to player only could leave more skill in it however this is a nice change that pve has asked for long time. And nerfing killing spree just for pvp for spec that doesn't bring much of anything else really would be sad for it.
06/16/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Kyalin
I mean, yes it's annoying for the stupid thing to hit someone's pet or something

There are so many pets these days it's a needed buff. There are 2-12+ pets out many times in your average 3s game.