This Game Does Nothing To Teach Bad Players..

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 19 Next
This is a great tool to help people become better. Blizzard is going in the right direction I feel (mostly)

I would say it's also a great tool for those that have used a spec in the past but it was so long ago that the mechanics changed dramatically and they now need to relearn how to be good. Win/win here.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
It is not Blizzard's responsibility to teach the players. That burden lies with the other players. But it is far easier to simply yell out "scrub" and "you suck" before a vote kick rather than mentor someone else to improve their gameplay. Good players are just lazy as the bad.
I'm saying in general, armory flaming tends to go back and forth as people look at each other's. It's just not a good route to go down for everyone involved.

He wasn't armory flaming though.

Guy 1: Been there, done that, I was hardcore in BC, you didn't even check the armory of my toon.

OP: "Checks armory like Guy 1 told him to" Nope, didn't see anything relevant on BC here, so what am I looking for?

Guy 1: How dare you check my armory like I just told you to. You're obviously a troll.

OP: o.O ???
I wonder how many people the OP has taken aside and offered to help them improve with honest constructive input?

I sincerely hope the number is considerably higher then the number of times the OP has whispered someone with something along the lines of, "lolUsux! L2Play baddie!"
Meh, I exposed the troll though, so I'm happy.

Oh, were you talking to him. *cute smile/full of teeth*

http://i.imgur.com/cqosMzz.png
http://i.imgur.com/KRaQR6V.png

You didn't expose anything other then your own stupidity.
These are screenshots taken from your armory.
Those are dates that you completed the achieve.
All those dates are after the release of WotLK.
You sir are a big fat liar.

Okay, education time:

1) The achievement system was not launched until Wrath. As such there were a great many achievements that a lot of us should have been credited with that weren't. So when we had time, between killing 3 drake Sarth and the like, we back flagged to clear out the nerd points.
2) The trick to seeing who was really hard core in BC, is to check for two FoS; "Hand of Adal" and "Champion of the Naruu."

Any achieves that pinged correctly, did so upon a specifc date. Note the large number of achieves on veteran players character profiles that all triggered on the same day.

Your lack of knowledge of this proves that you really don't understand what difficult leveling really is, by the time Wrath released the leveling process was a shadow of it's former image with most elite NPCs and quests being removed for a smoother soloing experience. So this dreaded "bad player" pandemic you claim to see is nothing. Seriously, nothing in compairison to the shock those of us who struggled though the original BC heroic 5s had when we cleared a Wrath heoric 5 on the first shot, or cleared Naxx so quickly after starting it.

Can players now learn more about their class and play better, sure. But the game is both far easier and more complicated at the same time. It appeals to a different gamer than the original game did.

RIP Shockadin
And you know what's worst?!?

That this game should not be teaching bad players how to be better players.
It is the rest of us that fail at teaching them, we want community but we sure rather ignore baddies and cry rivers later.

We are the Community Watch that stays in bed right awake when the neighbors that we know are out of town are getting robbed, and then blame it on the criminals.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Community!

Disclaimer: This does not applies to all players, but to a few and very vocal group, so it is easy to generalize not knowing them.

Thissity, this, this.

People complain about lack of community and then have the cajones to complain about new players. I mean, GC forbid some of you elite veterans get off your arses and take time to weed out the people who are new and need help vs those who just don't care and mentor the promising ones.

But yeah, I guess that's too logical and requires work instead of posting giant walls of text asking for things to be changed back to some mythical "perfect" xpac / patch.

Oi vhey, old but truer words have never been spoken - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogo_%28comic_strip%29#.22We_have_met_the_enemy_and_he_is_us..22
He wasn't armory flaming though.

It doesn't really matter. It's like when somebody starts using an analogy in a debate. Then the other person states why their analogy is wrong, proposes their own analogy... and that goes back and forth until people aren't even talking about the topic itself or making any coherent connected points. It's all just noise. That's what armory flaming, or counter-armory-flaming, or counter-counter-armory-flaming is - noise... but alright, point made. I'll drop it, because this isn't helping either.
Ive read this guys tirade and all I hear is abuse and white noise.

Stereotypes, unproven accusations of "paid reviewers" and the Mikepreach mentality.

Yawn.
06/18/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Kaeilthas
Assuming that these are all peoples mains, I find it interesting that the majority of people who have been against me the whole time have no normal raid achievements and their gear and raid progression are all LFR or worse.

It's not necessarily good to make such an assumption. For all you know some of these players were ones that used to do normal and heroic raiding but now, for whatever reason, have decided to go casual and just do LFR. They could be great players. Or they are great players that have no interest at all in doing normals or heroics. Bad idea to just assume.

Right, which would mean these people aren't the target audience and won't be using it in the first place. Again, this tool will not be working for it's intended audience because they don't care enough to get better in the first place.
Ok first of all OP, you have no right to tell people how to play. I'm assuming this is a LFR related rant so I'll say this. No one is forcing you to run with LFR. Your server has a good raiding community so running with "bads" shouldn't be an issue. Now get lost.
to get better at chess you read many many books
I am not telling anyone how to play.

Yes you are.

That is why I think blizz should step in and make some sort of system, much like the one they will soon be implementing, but rather it just be a little side quest useless thing, make it mandatory

Right. Make players with alts do this every single time regardless. You aint getting anything "mandatory" in a game, mate.

Secondly, be very very careful when you start throwing around epithets like "societys idiots" and "leeches"..all you do is come across as an abusive special little snowflake, and an obnoxious troll.

Wanna get me to listen to you? Treat me and others as equals and with respect and courtesy , otherwise all I hear is white noise.

Before you open your yap....just remember you dont know who is on the the end of that keyboard.
Jeez what is it with the WoW forums and people not even reading your post and then just rambling about how much they think your ideas are wrong?

Actually, saying people are bad or don't know how to play denotes that there is a "correct" way to play. Therefore, you are suggesting that people play a certain way and are telling people how to play.
The OP is well spoken and reasoned. But this is still a rage thread.

I'm willing to believe that the OP is NOT whispering folks with "lol u suk! uninstall now and die!"

But from the tone of his/her first few posts, it's possible that help is offered but it lacks diplomacy. The first step to helping someone is having them WANT your help. And if you come across as a condescending jerk they will dismiss you as such right away.
06/18/2013 06:13 PMPosted by Shuku
Ok first of all OP, you have no right to tell people how to play. I'm assuming this is a LFR related rant so I'll say this. No one is forcing you to run with LFR. Your server has a good raiding community so running with "bads" shouldn't be an issue. Now get lost.

I am not telling anyone how to play. What I am doing is saying that making the whole game easier for people who are not good at the game and making good players suffer because of it is a bad idea. Instead of making the game easier, make it so that its easeir to learn how to be as good as the end gamers. Gratz on not reading anything I wrote and just picking out key words that pissed you off.

Jeez what is it with the WoW forums and people not even reading your post and then just rambling about how much they think your ideas are wrong?

I read what you wrote and I still say you're being a troll. You have freaking hard mode raids for people who think they're better then the "scrub" next to them. So have at it. Let people be as bad as they want to be no one is forcing you to run with them.

Not everyone aspires to be a hard mode raider like Blood Legion in this game. So why are you expecting everyone to play like them???

Maybe its the fact that you are attacking some of said players, and some who are bringing up relevant counter points to the issues you've brought up? Try not berating someone who doesn't agree with you, to try and win a discussion, and instead make sensible counter points to their arguments.

People's achievements, armory stats, etc. have virtually nothing to do with the issues you've brought up.
But from the tone of his/her first few posts, it's possible that help is offered but it lacks diplomacy. The first step to helping someone is having them WANT your help. And if you come across as a condescending jerk they will dismiss you as such right away.

Exactly. Its not just what you say, its how you say it.