best dk pve spec

Death Knight
What would be the best DK pve spec for dps? frost seems a little easy i can easily hit 100k in my pvp set with burst but i plan to go pve an would like to which of the two dk specs has more sustained damage?

any and all tips are welcome!

ps never get an answer on the dk forums :(
I would choose Blood. Self-healing is important in PvE.

Plus we have the exact transmog so *BRO FIST*!

He said for dps. If you didn't know that blood was a tanking spec go play a different character because you're making the rest of us DKs look bad.

As for the best PvE dps spec, there really isn't one because they're all pulling virtually the same numbers. Just choose what you want more. If you like to burst go for 2h Frost. If you like occasional crits and more steady dps, go DW frost. If you like steady dps plus an unholy minion, go unholy.

He said for dps. If you didn't know that blood was a tanking spec go play a different character because you're making the rest of us DKs look bad.

As for the best PvE dps spec, there really isn't one because they're all pulling virtually the same numbers. Just choose what you want more. If you like to burst go for 2h Frost. If you like occasional crits and more steady dps, go DW frost. If you like steady dps plus an unholy minion, go unholy.

This. So much this.
Osrith: My bad. Wasn't really reading all the words in his post. No need to get so angry please.

As to answer OP, I think a lot of top gear DKs are going Unholy. It depends on your playstyle like what Osrith has answered you.
Osrith: My bad. Wasn't really reading all the words in his post. No need to get so angry please.

As to answer OP, I think a lot of top gear DKs are going Unholy. It depends on your playstyle like what Osrith has answered you.

I don't think Osrith was angry as much as he was trying to make a point. You admittedly said that you did not read all of the words in the OP's post. 9 out of 10 times, that's more than likely what happens here. Just take some more time out next time and read every word before you make a decision.

I don't think Osrith was angry as much as he was trying to make a point. You admittedly said that you did not read all of the words in the OP's post. 9 out of 10 times, that's more than likely what happens here. Just take some more time out next time and read every word before you make a decision.

Guys, really!? WHO LET THE WARRIOR IN HERE!?
Hey Druid here but seriously either Unholy or Frost. Unholy if you can get it down right.
I found smashing oblit all day boooooooooooooring, went unholy last night and it is a thousand times more fun.
awesome ty.
I enjoy Unholy the most. I have 2 max level DK's, this one Unholy/Frost and a human Blood/Unholy.

Out of the 3 specs Unholy is by far the most fun to me. The only thing I would like is to be able to DW in Unholy, but that's just me and not for everyone.
It's all about playstyle and what you personally enjoy.

I played an orc warrior since launch day (well, even before that I guess). He was arms, as I enjoyed smashing things with a 2h weapon for big numbers. My DK is what I envision that warrior being turned into by Arthas at some point. So my Orc DK looks very much like the undead version of my vanilla warrior.

To that end, I still have him smashing things with a 2h weapon. In previous expansions, that meant going Unholy. But now in MoP, 2h Frost is also perfectly viable alongside dual wielding. Which works for me, since I like the flavor of frost moreso than being a pet class.

Like I said, it's all personal preference and playstyle. And sometimes those preferences and playstyle are more important to the player than min-maxing as hard as you can (hence this rogue being a blood elf).
It's all about playstyle and what you personally enjoy.

I played an orc warrior since launch day (well, even before that I guess). He was arms, as I enjoyed smashing things with a 2h weapon for big numbers. My DK is what I envision that warrior being turned into by Arthas at some point. So my Orc DK looks very much like the undead version of my vanilla warrior.

To that end, I still have him smashing things with a 2h weapon. In previous expansions, that meant going Unholy. But now in MoP, 2h Frost is also perfectly viable alongside dual wielding. Which works for me, since I like the flavor of frost moreso than being a pet class.

Like I said, it's all personal preference and playstyle. And sometimes those preferences and playstyle are more important to the player than min-maxing as hard as you can (hence this rogue being a blood elf).

This. But I'd switch to blood dps in a heartbeat if it ever came back.
This. But I'd switch to blood dps in a heartbeat if it ever came back.

I truly cried that day.

This DK might not be 90, hard for me to play when I remember the khorne fun I had as blood dps.

I found when leveling even what ever spec I was better with did more dmg. For me that is two hand frost, I like seeing big numbers.
Frost is a great dps spec but in blood you can take quite a lot more damage for tanking purposes. I would go frost to down the mobs faster and have blood as your secondary spec.
If you looked at actual parses and WoL data unholy definitely is not better than either frost or DW. Currently DW is in fact a very easy rotation but it is seen and used by most top rated DK's.
6/19/2013
I like Unholy. I have also been looking on what the best spec is for DPS for pve. Really what people are saying though its all on your preference of playstyle. I have played both and really like UH better.
Much thread date.
Such necro.