Xuen melee dps challenge as a ret pally

Quests
Post Limit:
Having huge difficulty doing this. I've tryed blowing cds at the start, saving my cds for the bloods, and everything in between. I can't seem to get the bloods down fast enough even with my cds. I can make it to the 2nd group of bloods but my cds are blown at that point and I die. Any other ret pallies have any advice?
After a boat load of attempts, I came with the talents and strat that after 4 tries it put me with my cape in place.

Long Arm, Selfless healer and Divine Purpose, is the combination that worked better for me.

First pre pot (and yes also use a flask) and do not burn CD's just go with the procs, once he spawns adds, for the first time they have a window like 2/3 seconds where you can AoE freely and then keep at it (remember to switch Seals), just move out of stuff and do not waste CD's here, with procs it should be enough to burn them down. Also I noticed that the first time they spawn they're not as aggressive as to when they re-spawn, so no need for CD's. So once they're dead, pop Guardian and let it rip. Usually when he starts his next phase the adds will start to spawn again, so when he goes middle of the room, when he starts casting stun him and pop wings, str potion and bash him (remember the adds will probably be with you, so AoE) if you do enough damage he won't go into the phase, or worst case scenario, he just does one time where you have to find him. By this time you should have him down to where you can use HoW or close too and just focus on him and kindda kite the third set of adds.

Got him on the 4th try, yes I had a lot of faith on Divine Purpose and it worked, also even when AoEing try to be at his back. Also it's very crucial to save stun and Sentence for when he goes to his clone phase and try to do it when he's in the center, it will avoid that part if you drop him enough. Hope it works for you, the cape is well worth it.... Have a nice day! =)
The encounter is ridiculously tedious. The blood adds and the clones are the only parts that are very dangerous on their own. For the blood adds, I Blinding Light them after they become aggressive and try to work on them a bit, usually more single target than AoE because it makes the fight easier later on. If things don't go absolutely perfect I either end up dead there or dead when they respawn. His cleave is absolutely bugged because you can stand on normal ground and still get damaged by it. The clones aren't overpowered, but you can definitely get unlucky with it. I'm still working on the quest.
I too have had a lot of trouble with this quest. It's frustrating I have a 524 ilvl and I cannot even burn him to 50% before being overwhelmed with bloods and mirror images. The bloods eventually get me or his explosion. Trying it again a few more times tonight. Hope I get lucky once.
try doing the tank one in tank spec but with your DPS gear on.

If it works for prot warriors in DPS gear, then surely it will work for Prot Paladins in DPS gear.

You just have to taunt deathwing when he attack wrathion, otherwise just AOE down the bloods, interrupt his big spells and pop CDs.

I did that with 510item level, so you should be fine doing that method at 524 belac.
All the mechanics can be mastered in a few hours except the Mirror Image which required a bit of luck for me. Fortunately, Pally's have their aoe seal to hit all targets within 8 years, and a Lay on Hands to save them when they screw up. If you're really patient, you can use Repentence to get unlimited 1 minute time-outs to heal up and reset cooldowns, however, you still have to deal with the occasional add respawns, as they never stop. When I finally won though, I was virtually dominating the fight. I dodged the mechanics by aoeing in a circle and running towards Wrathion when he came towards me or looked to be spawning his frontal cone. I allowed an occasional aoe attack in my rotation to help bring down adds while I dps'd Wrathion. When I got weak, I ran away, ensure Wrathion moved out of any pools he had spawned, Repented him, healed while dpsing down the adds, refreshed dps on Wrathion, finished healing up, and when I was ready, I crept up behind stunned Wrathion, hit him with Hammer of Justice, popped cooldowns, and had a dps fest from behind him for a few seconds. I just kept rinse/repeating, except when he ran to the middle for Mirror Image.

When he is in the middle, I put on my aoe seal, dps all I could until the images spawned, and when they spawned - If I thought I saw the real Wrathion I attacked him, otherwise, I randomly picked a big group to AOE. Always hitting some images is better than nothing, and sometimes I got lucky and hit the real image by accident. I healed if I needed to to survive, and used my Lay on Hands if I got down to nothing from an image explosion. Somehow, I managed to survive the occasional mirror image, and because I had a pretty good handle on the other mechanics, I knew eventually I would have a bit of luck and finish him off.

Sure enough, after some 5 or 6 hours of trying, I finally got him. When I did get him, I finished off the last of his health while he was attempting his second Mirror Image. I don't think he managed to get his first set of images in, before I emptied his health. Essentially, if you can do at leat 120K dps in the fight, and work hard to master the mechanics, eventually you can kill him. If all goes well, you will only need to survive one or two mirror images, so if you're like me, and suck at this mechanic, there is hope, so keep the faith.

Don't get me wrong, it was a hard fight, and a very frustrating 5 or 6 hours. However, if you stick with it, you will win as a Ret Pally, and it feels really good to win a great challenge like that! Its totally worth it - don't give up. A challenge like this doesn't come around often for us casuals, and you can only do it once per melee or hybrid melee dps toon. Don't miss out doing it at least once. If I can do it, most people could. I have barely downed a heroic boss or a final regular raid boss in my WoW life, but I did manage to kill this.
Thanks for necroing a 6month old thread....
It may be old new to you, but to stragglers like us, some of us are still struggling to get our Legendaries even now. This isn't my thread, I just used some info in it and decided to reaffirm some of the ideas, plus complete the advice for players like myself who need a little more detail to figure out such a tough fight. I mean, really, what's your point in criticizing, Passafist? If you don't need a thread like this anymore, than this is not for you anyways.