Implement minimum item level for 90 bgs!!

Battlegrounds
1 2 3 6 Next
To prevent this http://s1189.photobucket.com/user/EmeraldEmperor/media/WoWScrnShot_062113_014248-Copy.jpg.html

I've seen this on MORE than 1 occasion and it's beyond dumb. This person wore it the entire match (along with other low level gear) and even asked me "wut, you dun like my hammer??"
This should be addressed as I can't imagine the implementation of a required minimum item level (or the reverse of just not allowing any items BELOW a minimum) would be difficult.
BG's are for gearing up, instituting a minimum ilvl would be unfair to fresh 90's who are legitimately looking to gear up.
I wouldn't be opposed to requiring contenders gear or better to queue for battlegrounds. The mats on most servers can be aquired for less than 1k gold. If the faceroll first lfr requires ilvl 460, there's nothing wrong with random bgs requiring ilvl 450. I see someone on my team that made it 90 levels without acquiring a second trinket way more often than I should. It doesn't bother me too much though, because the other team has those people too. And boy do I make them pay for their laziness.
BG's are for gearing up, instituting a minimum ilvl would be unfair to fresh 90's who are legitimately looking to gear up

even regular dungeons have an item level requirement. And THOSE are for gearing up.

I agree, minimum item level crafted gear with would be nice. I don't see them being able to regulate what people choose to equip after they get in the BG though.
I now want to BG in my xmog gear...
06/21/2013 03:40 AMPosted by Bitis
BG's are for gearing up, instituting a minimum ilvl would be unfair to fresh 90's who are legitimately looking to gear up

even regular dungeons have an item level requirement. And THOSE are for gearing up.

I agree, minimum item level crafted gear with would be nice. I don't see them being able to regulate what people choose to equip after they get in the BG though.

The mobs you face in dungeons always have a static amount of hp and damage,and many times you need "x" damage or healing to defeat "y" boss

There is higher visibility to AFK's/leechers and tighter controls to remove them in dungeons

Leveling through PVE gets you closer to the min ilvl to enter regular dungeons than level through PVP would

Adding an ilvl barrier for BG's has the potential to increase queue times
06/21/2013 03:40 AMPosted by Bitis

A dungeon remains the same and people know how to handle it regardless of what kind of gear they are wearing.

BG's are totally different and I dont think punishing players with huge queue times is right as a reward for their efforts in obtaining better gear.
Killadrix
90 Orc Shaman
Call to Arms

BG's are for gearing up, instituting a minimum ilvl would be unfair to fresh 90's who are legitimately looking to gear up.

That is why there is PVP AH gear!! I have seen people with 280 hp come into a bg and not care because they are just there to leach honor...thing is, I have seen the same people sitting on the spine at the honor vendor for days at a time and never upgrading their gear? Buying motes or going and turning in for justice...IDK but a requirement should be implemented as ah gear is now dirt cheap. It is unfair to their teammates. I started our in a mix of dungeon gear and ah pvp gear so can they..it beats what alot are wearing to bg!

Crafted AH gear isn't readily or inexpensively available on all servers.

If the virtual realms work the way they intend and this becomes the case, you might have an argument then.

What I meant by "minimum item level" was something like item level 390+ only. Any item below that would be unusable and unable to be equipped in a level 90 bg. Equipping and using a level 20 mace in a 90 bg is just plain stupidity and only done to taunt / troll / piss off your team.
At this point in the season how hard would it be for Blizzard to have a NPC that sold, say, item level 429 pvp gear (head to toe, including rings, trinkets, necklace, excluding weapons) for a few hundred gold as a "package"...buy the "Alliance Box of Armor" - "Horde Box of Armor" 500g or 1000 Justice points. Then require a minimum item level of 409 to enter level 90 bgs? I get the "409" from a full set of 429 plus the player wearing a 390 weapon, which most would have a higher item level weapon anyways. Even make the armor not able to be disenchanted.
And like Zentie above said, I've seen players in greens and blues standing at our Honor vendor for several days just running bgs over and over and NEVER buying honor gear. After a few days, I inspect them, still in the same crappy greens, still entering random bgs. They're just trolling bgs in terrible gear, not contributing just to farm honor for motes etc..
Thanks for the feedback y'all...I'm always open for ideas on how to improve level 90 random bgs.
06/21/2013 12:24 PMPosted by Howlingmoon
And like Zentie above said, I've seen players in greens and blues standing at our Honor vendor for several days just running bgs over and over and NEVER buying honor gear. After a few days, I inspect them, still in the same crappy greens, still entering random bgs. They're just trolling bgs in terrible gear, not contributing just to farm honor for motes etc..

Those are bots. They're botting for honor to make gold.

while this is also my normal stance the op's example is annoying as hell.

i wouldnt have a problem if they made the ilvl requirement for 90 bgs the same ilvl as the first greens you get in pandaria.

seeing people in level 80 and 85 pvp gear at 90 is frustrating.
And people wonder why the Alliance has such a horrible win/lose streak. This is why you guys can't have nice things.

PS OP, please get on the imgur bandwagon. SO much easier to look at.
440ilv same as for heroic dungeons.
I wonder how many of you looked at the screenshot.

Those are bots. They're botting for honor to make gold.

Therefore if there was a very lenient ilevel required, it wouldn't hurt much.
440ilv same as for heroic dungeons.

So for Heroic dungeons you can run regular dungeons to level up your ilvl.

What PVP environments can you participate in to level up your PVP ilvl.

And no, crafted gear is not a reasonable answer.
What will the wow pvp community not cry about? This group had got to have the worst player base in all of gaming.
06/21/2013 04:46 AMPosted by Shâd

A dungeon remains the same and people know how to handle it regardless of what kind of gear they are wearing.

BG's are totally different and I dont think punishing players with huge queue times is right as a reward for their efforts in obtaining better gear.

.....if people know how to counter dungeons, then it seems like there wouldnt be a use for min itemlevel requirement. Skill>gear right?

A person in a pvp setting that's 430 item level literally brings nothing at all to the team other than a meat shield and whatever CCs they might have.
What will the wow pvp community not cry about? This group had got to have the worst player base in all of gaming.

How so? The OP takes an SS of someone "trolling" and entire BG. Logically, calling them out in /bg and getting them kicked would be the best fix. But a minimum iLevel would also address other issues.