Open Libram LXXXV: They Threw the Book at Us!

Paladin
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
100k, especially if you're over 522, is a competency issue.
Some DPS in my raid group struggle breaking 100k. We still don't hit enrages or anything like that.

When we have issues it's execution.

Competing on the charts is fun, I certainly love doing it, but at the end of the day I'm not going to call foul on anyone as long as they know what they're doing and aren't putting out stupid numbers like something below the Tanks.
We have problems with execution, but most of our problems come from low dps making us have to do more execution than we should, especially when you start getting into stacking enrage mechanics.

Five minute fights get a lot harder when they take you nine.
07/07/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Cayse
100k, especially if you're over 522, is a competency issue.

I'm not sure anyone has an ilvl over 520, but I've been breaking 100k since 505 at least.

Edit: oh, the Hunter that's always jockeying with me for the top spot is 523, I guess that explains it a bit.

07/07/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Competing on the charts is fun, I certainly love doing it, but at the end of the day I'm not going to call foul on anyone as long as they know what they're doing and aren't putting out stupid numbers like something below the Tanks.

Reminds me of the time we chewed out a raider for bragging about solving 9x9 Rubik's cubes while raiding.

Impressive, certainly, but I'd be a lot more impressed if he didn't stand in bad and did more than 80k DPS, too.
Much better to learn mechanics first and then focus on DPS. If people are playing mostly perfectly and then it comes down to DPS, that's when you should turn your watchful eye to under performing raid members.

We had one Warlock who raided with us since WoTLK who was a really nice guy. Thankfully for him playing a demo lock through Cataclysm was required because of how hard it was to get 10% spell power in a 10 man. Also thankfully for him demo had a high skill floor, meaning that even if he played it badly he would still be putting out numbers that weren't far off from the specs maximum.

Everybody in our raid for the most part through Cataclysm was excellent at mechanics and we had a few people who pushed high ranks, generally optimizing DPS in every aspect.

When MoP arrived and they revamped Warlocks it was a nightmare for our old warlock. It started to really show how bad he was at the class and our group as a whole suffered because Warlocks were one of the stronger DPS classes. He was still really good at mechanics (one of the better ones in our group), but when you're pushing heroic content without a large gear advantage you have to start looking at individual performance much more closely.

ToT is great though. You can make encounters a lot easier if you have really good DPS, but mastering mechanics is much better.
All the dps in my raid is able to do over 100k DPS and cleared norm pretty easily but when we did heroic jin everyone didn't know what was going on lol.
We still have someone blow up in the water on Jin every so often... about a month or so back we ended up 4-manning almost the whole fight because of it.
We usually end up seven or eight manning Iron Qon because a few people will still fail at tornadoes.

Unless we have a Warlock, I swear Warlocks and Prot Paladins are like the cheat code for this Tier.
There is a spot by the back stairs ( by the two corners ) you can stand and Wind storm won't pick you up.
Probably a bug and not intended, but people that have trouble getting out of Wind Storm could probably do it, warlock or not.

I've only been Prot for a week, and it's GLORIOUS!

Fight design this tier has been great, although questionable tuning in some areas. I think the normals provide a decent stepping stone into Heroics, which isn't always the case.

MoP has been pretty good for raiding so far, imo, the fights in T16 look PHENOMENAL.
Never looked forward to a raid more, I just hope it doesn't disappoint. I was disgusted by Cata's end tier.

EDIT: There are reasons I don't post in the DD forums
There is a level of stupid, that I just can't fathom.
I'm sure raiding this expansion has been great, but I sadly haven't really gotten to experience it because of interminable roster flux and fail.

I really don't want to leave this guild, but dammit I'm not spending another expansion like this.
I'm looking forward to a long well deserved break from raiding. Last week was absolutely glorious!
Greetings! Welcome aboard.
Hi everyone! New paladin here. :)

Welcome!

EDIT: There are reasons I don't post in the DD forums
There is a level of stupid, that I just can't fathom.

Pretty much what drove off from there.

Ohh someone from my server.
07/07/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Jirardz
:)

Cut that shit out.

Oh hai.

Cut that shit out.

Don't mind Eli here.

{◕ ◡ ◕}