Area 52 Queue Times

General Discussion
INSANE,,,,,,,,,,,work another 12 hr day ,come home for a little rec time before bed ,log on to WoW 990 in queue with a 20 min wait time.............................35 minutes later I am 484 in queue with a 29 minute wait time...........Blizzard just loves the "fuzzy math" yea yea I know wait times are estimated............But come on now ,we pay to play and this is the service we get.
Blizzard either open up migration or offer free transfers,and I don't want to hear "oh it's not fare if we give you a free transfer"
Whats not fair is that you opened up 52 for paid transfers to make a "quick buck" and now those of us that were already here have to suffer the consequences.
Fix it and fix it quick before game subs start dropping like flies
I've just found it best to not bother logging on during the evening for this server. The rest of the time slots seem to work with sometimes only really short waits.
@Haifisch

You obviously did not read OPs post and its more obvious you have no clue on what happened to Area52 to cause this issue. Quit being a slag.

If you roll on a high pop server expect queue times, pretty obvious. Forgive me for not having sympathy for free transfers when people on low pop realms were told to "pay to transfer like the rest of us".
Blizzard either open up migration or offer free transfers,and I don't want to hear "oh it's not fare if we give you a free transfer"

Here is a question...would you transfer to a low pop realm or would you expect other people to do it?

That is why these trasfers generally do not work...no one really takes them.
And this is why full servers SUCK. sure im on a high pop. but 0 que times FTW. transfer off with that money you worked 12 hours for. simple.
Blizzard screwed up by not locking the server to transfers when it was already at a extremely high pop. and when the 50% off transfers were available it made the population problem much, much worse

If they had locked all the popular servers, they would have made very little money from the transfers, because players (like my entire guild) wanted to move to one of these servers.

If you do not like it, the simple answer is the same that has been given to those complaining about low population servers for a long time. Pay to transfer, quit, or reroll. :)

(Also, sitting at 163 in A-52 queue right now. Not complaining about it. :) )
they haven't fixed that yet?

Maybe this is what virtual realms will cure.

I went to Area 52 because I wanted a high pop server with lots of raid recruitment potential.

After the first time I had to wait (841 in front of me) in line to log in I left so fast there were skid marks.

I am no computer wiz, but from a customer satisfaction standpoint this is something that Blizzard has to fix and not blame on the community.

Sure there will be times of high volume and low volume, but being able to log in without waiting in line is a must. Queue times for raids, on the other hand are an issue you CAN blame on the community. Too many DPS vs too few tanks.

I don't see free transfers as the answer. That is just a bandaid on the problem and causes deterioration of community.

Hope they fix it soon for you guys.
they haven't fixed that yet?

Maybe this is what virtual realms will cure.

I went to Area 52 because I wanted a high pop server with lots of raid recruitment potential.

After the first time I had to wait (841 in front of me) in line to log in I left so fast there were skid marks.

I am no computer wiz, but from a customer satisfaction standpoint this is something that Blizzard has to fix and not blame on the community.

Sure there will be times of high volume and low volume, but being able to log in without waiting in line is a must. Queue times for raids, on the other hand are an issue you CAN blame on the community. Too many DPS vs too few tanks.

I don't see free transfers as the answer. That is just a bandaid on the problem and causes deterioration of community.

Hope they fix it soon for you guys.

Virtual realms can't change the server stress that way.

Quite frankly, people complaining about being on a locked server have no one to blame but people like them.

Too many DPS vs too few tanks.

This one in particular is egregious - it's already cross-realm and still a problem.
http://imgur.com/23Ieu7u <----- my queue =P
Illidan is the same way. Just got home from work have been sitting in queue for 20 minutes so far and it says I have 35 minutes remaining and it is continuing to jump around, was at 19 minutes just a second ago.
@Haifisch

You obviously did not read OPs post and its more obvious you have no clue on what happened to Area52 to cause this issue. Quit being a slag.

If you roll on a high pop server expect queue times, pretty obvious. Forgive me for not having sympathy for free transfers when people on low pop realms were told to "pay to transfer like the rest of us".

Expect high queue times?

This isn't Disneyland pal.

Correct me if I am wrong computer geeks.

It is possible to have emergency backup servers to kick in, in times of high volume is it not?

Secondly, Blizzard should know the capacity of the server and not allow more subs into the realm than it can handle at one time. I call it the "health club rule" where if everyone showed at the same time there would be lines out the door to get on the treadmills.

Bottom line is, there should never be a wait to log on outside maintenance.

Oh yes it can. If you take a high pop server and match it with a low pop server, then offer free transfers to the low pop one (people will be far more willing to take the trasfer if they do not loose anything by doing so), you will then not have a queue becuse twice the hardware is doing the work.
http://imgur.com/23Ieu7u <----- my queue =P

http://i.imgur.com/varDZwb.jpg
yolo

Blizzard screwed up by not locking the server to transfers when it was already at a extremely high pop. and when the 50% off transfers were available it made the population problem much, much worse

Same for Stormrage I logged in earlier 2343 queue. I gave up.
I didn't even wait for time to come up. I realize the numbers and times do fluctuate once you get in queue so may have been less, but I figured would still be around 30 - 35 mins.
It is possible to have emergency backup servers to kick in, in times of high volume is it not?

No, it's not, because there's no data on such servers.

07/02/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Solaru

Oh yes it can. If you take a high pop server and match it with a low pop server, then offer free transfers to the low pop one (people will be far more willing to take the trasfer if they do not loose anything by doing so), you will then not have a queue becuse twice the hardware is doing the work.

Oh, pardon me.

Virtual realms alone will not change server stress.
Oh, and while I'm at it...

What did punctuation ever do to you to deserve that kind of massacre?

You just got reported for harassment.