5.4 In Game Store 100% XP Buff/Transmog items?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 226 Next
We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses.

This is going to get good. Zarhym pulled the short straw.
You want pay to win, go look at LotRO, DDO, APB or Neverwinter.

In those games you can buy high end gear for real cash. Not just high end, but the best gear. You also have to pay (in the case of LotRO and DDO) to access game content, which has great gear in it which you can't have. Other players the same level as you will have a greater advantage because they have the new content and you don't.

Note that there is a difference between what I just described and an expansion.

You want a great F2P or B2P title that isn't pay to win, you look at the majority of F2P or B2P MMOs available on the market. RIFT, Aion, TSW, AoC, GW2, GW the list goes on and on.

An EXP boost is by no means pay to win, you gain no advantage, leveling is not a competition and this only applies to level 85-90 so you will not see the new expansion come around and people boosting themselves up to 95 or 100 for a few $$

The fact that this is a data-file on the PTR that everyone is going nuts over and not an actual feature on the PTR is what's really sad. You want to know what else was a data-file on the PTR? Tri-Spec. Do we have Tri-Spec yet? No.

Point is, just because it's in the game files doesn't mean it's going to get into the game. So everyone take a step back, untwist your panties and start playing the game again alright?
You want pay to win, go look at LotRO, DDO, APB or Neverwinter.

In those games you can buy high end gear for real cash. Not just high end, but the best gear. You also have to pay (in the case of LotRO and DDO) to access game content, which has great gear in it which you can't have. Other players the same level as you will have a greater advantage because they have the new content and you don't.

Note that there is a difference between what I just described and an expansion.

You want a great F2P or B2P title that isn't pay to win, you look at the majority of F2P or B2P MMOs available on the market. RIFT, Aion, TSW, AoC, GW2, GW the list goes on and on.

An EXP boost is by no means pay to win, you gain no advantage, leveling is not a competition and this only applies to level 85-90 so you will not see the new expansion come around and people boosting themselves up to 95 or 100 for a few $$

The fact that this is a data-file on the PTR that everyone is going nuts over and not an actual feature on the PTR is what's really sad. You want to know what else was a data-file on the PTR? Tri-Spec. Do we have Tri-Spec yet? No.

Point is, just because it's in the game files doesn't mean it's going to get into the game. So everyone take a step back, untwist your panties and start playing the game again alright?

zar just confirmed it.
Players spending money to boost their leveling speed affects our playing experience in no way, whatsoever. Nothing to see here, future chicken littles. Remain calm.
Zarhym, I REALLY hope this whole thing is an elaborate plot to troll dataminers.

zar just confirmed it.

I wouldn't say confirmed.

But he hasn't done anything to quell the rumors.
Zarhym.

What have you done.

You have unleashed the figurative might of Ragnaros upon the forums.

/emotionally stunned

Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't sort of thing.

Don't say anything, players work themselves into a frenzy over theories and speculation.

Say something, players work themselves into a frenzy over vague explanations, theories, and speculation.

Should be fun!
We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses.

Please don't put in-game purchases like this. Leave it at least in the Blizzard store. This is asking to go down a bad road.

No, damn you people and you're reading comprehension, I DON'T. I think this is a small, tiny advantage, that in the grand scheme of things won't matter much in and of itself. But what makes it a problem is that it's a step forward in a trend that ends there.

Oh, I read what you wrote perfectly fine, yet you still hinted that the game is going to head towards a "P2W"-like style. You cannot just make wide sweeping assumptions that the game is going that way without concrete proof, and I am sorry to burst your bubble here buddy but an item on the PTR is not, in any way, concrete proof.

Oh and I also like how you assume it is going to not be obtainable though in game means even though we have no idea how we can obtain said item as of now.

EDIT: Although I must admit, it does look like it will be obtainable through a form of cash shop.
07/03/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Iaylienne
People already regularly RAF themselves or guildies for 2nd accounts so they can smash out a few 80's really fast, i personally have done this and think 300% more exp granted from RAF is perfect leveling speed. Anything less feels like such a chore.

Oh man, heaven forbid it actually takes more than 1 day to level. Oh....the suffering.

TBH, if you're leveling without any exp boosts it IS slow. With just heirlooms it's also kinda slow.

Oh, and it is painful since Blizzard CLEARLY only cares about the endgame. That's where all the stuff you can do is at. That's the only thing they bother to balance. It's like it's the only thing even on their mind. Everything below 90 to them is irrelevant. You're 89 and you want to do the Battlefield Barrens grinding? TOO BAD, even though you're flagged for PvP you still can't participate! HAHAHA!

The leveling speed is PERFECT up until about level 50. You do a dungeon, then you do a new dungeon, and a new one, you never have to repeat them. Then the speed and lack of dungeons to do (as well as quest zones, if you're doing quests instead) decreases rapidly. So you're leveling up slower and have less choice in content to do. After 70 it starts to REALLY slow down. Then at 80 I think I can only manage one level a day, maybe two if I sit there for 8hrs and really dedicate my day to a videogame.

Interesting.

I suppose the flower of that seed statement... is just what things... and what regions.
Cool, official confirmation of xp boost from store is appreciated.

I have to assume this is in response to sub loss in China/Asia where they will try to transition into a F2P model over there instead of pay by the hour, since that seems to be the trend there recently.

I hope it will get bifurcated like the changes to raid lockouts in Korea vs US/Europe.

Sky is not falling, but if that isn't the case, I'm probably out. I have zero interest in the micro-transaction business model.
zar just confirmed it.

Zar only confirmed that there will be purchases within the game.

Did he confirm that an EXP potion would be one of those purchases?
Did he confirm what regions would be able to make these purchases?
Did he go ahead and tell us all what other features would be available?

The answer to each of those questions is...

NO
This is the first step down a very slippery, dark path.

No, Blizzard. Do not turn this game into SWTOR.

I know that china-money is appealing, but please don't.
I read Zarhym's post as "we are looking at maybe adding something for specific regions (possibly trying to regain some of the Asian market?) at some point in the future". I wouldn't say that that is him confirming anything, other than a maybe it might possibly happen but only for specific areas.
07/03/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Aretain
zar just confirmed it.

Zar only confirmed that there will be purchases within the game.

Did he confirm that an EXP potion would be one of those purchases?
Did he confirm what regions would be able to make these purchases?
Did he go ahead and tell us all what other features would be available?

The answer to each of those questions is...

NO

YES.

wow, that was fun.
If you ever add a purchase method with REAL money in this game I'm gone, blizzard is going back on their word of never being able to buy items for real currency. Just because your losing subs this is a bad way to go about it.

As long as you keep it out of American realms we can continue to be friends.

No, damn you people and you're reading comprehension, I DON'T. I think this is a small, tiny advantage, that in the grand scheme of things won't matter much in and of itself. But what makes it a problem is that it's a step forward in a trend that ends there.

Oh, I read what you wrote perfectly fine, yet you still hinted that the game is going to head towards a "P2W"-like style. You cannot just make wide sweeping assumptions that the game is going that way without concrete proof, and I am sorry to burst your bubble here buddy but an item on the PTR is not, in any way, concrete proof.

Oh and I also like how you assume it is going to not be obtainable though in game means even though we have no idea how we can obtain said item as of now.

You're just not reading my posts, so this will be my last response to you.

I acknowledged that this wasn't confirmed (Though with Zarhym's response, it's got more credence). I acknowledged that it's possible this was obtainable in game. I just said that if it WASN'T, the sooner and more severely we respond, the more likely it would be to be stopped.

And yes, if this is in, it IS proof of that trend I mentioned, because blizzard themselves set the line of "no in game advantage", and this would be them crossing it.