5.4 In Game Store 100% XP Buff/Transmog items?

General Discussion
Prev 1 154 155 156 226 Next
All of us complaining here on the forums are the minority. The store will go live and it will be a huge "success". Why? Because beneath the forums there exists a massive caste of morally, intellectually and culturally bankrupt Wal-Mart shopping whales who will spend hundreds on nothing.

Our input is a fart in the wind compared to their open wallets and no-limit credit cards. Let's hear it for WoW, it's been a good run while it lasted.

Pretty blunt...and probably accurate.
what the matter blizz isnt $100000000 a month not enought for you ????
All of us complaining here on the forums are the minority. The store will go live and it will be a huge "success". Why? Because beneath the forums there exists a massive caste of morally, intellectually and culturally bankrupt Wal-Mart shopping whales who will spend hundreds on nothing.

Our input is a fart in the wind compared to their open wallets and no-limit credit cards. Let's hear it for WoW, it's been a good run while it lasted.

Pretty blunt...and probably accurate.

I said the same thing, but in more polite terms. Blizzard will make it easy to spend money then start adding extras that change gameplay. I'm tired of trying to explain why this is bad and left with the intangibles now. It will change the game for the worst. That's all the energy I have left to give to this matter.
If this goes live, it's pretty obvious blizzard ignores feedback.
07/10/2013 07:11 AMPosted by Hearus
First off.... this is not exactly true already. While you can only turn in lesser runes for runes once a week you can also loot them from chests.

I assure you that you can only get 3 mogu runes of fate a week. And you can only get them through the lesser charm turn in.

Knowing is half the battle.

http://www.wowhead.com/object=218949#comments
Just give us the buff for current and future toons under max level when we have more than one character on an account at max level, AND KEEP A CASH SHOP out of WoW!!!
Honestly if its like 1$ for ten potions which last an hour. I would buy like 10$ worth for me this game for your first toon should take forever so you can have a piece of everything but after you level 11 classes to 90 I have 9 this gaem for me starts at 90 I got two RaFs just so I could power level.If you play this game just to level hey thats your thing but all the fun stuff doesnt start till max level in my opinion. Its not liek hand ing out raid tokens for extra rolls because that would just wreck the game. But for people that just want to get to the good stuff fast I think its harmless. Leveling to 90 is what gets you into raids and heroics and scenarios and current PvP gearing.If they started selling things to exploit those areas then we have a serious problem.
Just give us an option to create a max level toon from the previous expansion when we already a couple maxed...AND KEEP A CASH SHOP out of WoW.
07/10/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Zanzul
People need to drop this "pay to win" nonsense because it is something Blizzard has absolutely said they do not plan to do EVER and this is what was said to fansites last week and has been confirmed by multiple podcasters including our new CM's former podcast. What people need to be arguing is if "pay for convenience" items are bad for the game.

"Pay for convenience" is a marketing buzzword. Buying lesser charms with real money is convenient in the sense that by doing that you can skip doing dailies or pet battles and killing mobs to get bonus rolls in the raids.

Since you asked, no, I don't support the idea of paying to skip game content. The idea is ludicrous as I already pay a monthly subscription so I can actually play the game. There's my feedback.
I'm gonna add my feedback, I hate the idea of an ingame store. I think the mount/pet store the way it is now is fine. Adding things like exp boosts and lesser charms is going to far in my opinion, we already pay a sub fee....

Edit: I forgot to add that having a sub is fine with me, I will be very unhappy when wow goes free to play.
Buying lesser charms is buying currency. The whole - "I have thousands of them, they drop everywhere" - doesn't change the fact that it is buying currency.

We ALL know this currency was never needed in this game. It was innocuous at the time. Now we see it was added as a "control" substance or the "drug" for the in-game store to make us want to pay. First they give it to you free and get you addicted and then slowly ease them away until the pain to collect them is greater than buying them.

All of this is a setup for the "convenience" illusion. But players all start saying things like...
"you don't HAVE to have them, they aren't mandatory"
"so what if some people get an extra roll, its only a convenience"

Someone earlier posted they don't care... perhaps. perhaps they unlocked this thread so all the whining is concentrated and looks smaller... or perhaps so they don't have to search for feed back.

But, as with CRZ which many do hate and posted thread after thread against... it didn't go away.

They have already written the in-game store code... once it's written they are going to use it.
07/10/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Shadowave
I was a bit annoyed when i first heard about this, then I thought about LoL and how they have a similar purchasable buff to speed up levelling, while the games are different the concept is the same and it doesn't bother me in LoL so why here?

Again, that game doesn't have a monthly fee. That is the biggest problem here. If they dropped the monthly fee or reduced it, I wouldn't have an issue with it. But I really don't see them dropping it, 8 million people still play, that's a lot of freaking money. They aren't going to drop the fee, would be so much money lost.
If they dropped the monthly fee or reduced it, I wouldn't have an issue with it. But I really don't see them dropping it, 8 million people still play, that's a lot of freaking money. They aren't going to drop the fee, would be so much money lost.

True. The kicker with F2P games is that they have to change from managing and creating good content to managing the "controllers" to meter in enough cash-flow.

If they aren't making enough, they have to find ways to cause you to feel you need to pay... like making questing take too long... not dropping charms enough... lowering gear drop rates... making content too hard unless you pay.
For those saying nothing will change in game, remember Blizzard has already removed an inscription recipe that could grant extra xp while leveling up. http://www.wowhead.com/item=62237/adventurers-journal

People will sooner or later complain about paying only for a chance for a elder charm of whatever type to work. Sooner or later the bought charms will have to turn into a charm type that guarantees a drop if Blizz intends for people to want to continue to buy them.
The store will go live and it will be a huge "success"

I have my doubts. As this plays out, I think quite a few of us long-term subs are just going to be plain teeth-grinding angry. We'll see.

You don't have to be wearing a tinfoil hat to start having some serious suspicions as to why some of the more strange and/or klunky design issues have been deliberately introduced into the game. Besides coins and EXP pots, I'd imagine we can make some good guesses at a few of the other "convenience oriented items" they'll be offering. Here's a few; Mass summoning stones. Portal stones. Flightpoint "maps". Bag space, in some manner.
We ALL know this currency was never needed in this game. It was innocuous at the time. Now we see it was added as a "control" substance or the "drug" for the in-game store to make us want to pay.
It was never innocuous. It was always there to try to coerce players into continuing to do daily quests even after they had reached their desired/needed reputation level through the use of guilt over missed opportunities. It was always designed to be a carrot for continuing to participate in content than would normally be ignored by much of the player base once the gate had been passed.
You don't you have to be wearing a tinfoil hat to start having some serious suspicions as to why some of the more strange and/or klunky design issues have been deliberately introduced into the game. Besides coins and EXP pots, I'd imagine we can make some good guesses at a few of the other "convenience oriented items" they'll be offering. Here's a few; Mass summoning stones. Portal stones. Flightpoint "maps". Bag space, in some manner.

Yup, but good luck trying to convince the Blizzard apologists of the design intent.
Yup, but good luck trying to convince the Blizzard apologists of the design intent.

Don't need too, don't care too. I went on WoW-cation for SWTOR release, and sat through that entire painful, avoidable, and oh-so predictable fiasco. At the end, all that was left were the apologists...still making excuses. Making peeps no-kidding angry, deliberately and with malice aforethought, just so you can put your hand in their pocket, isn't going to end well.