5.4 In Game Store 100% XP Buff/Transmog items?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 6 7 8 226 Next
Full heirlooms (minus the ring) give what 45% increase?

Plus 10% increase from guild

Plus 100% from flask.

Plus 300% from RaF.

Plus 50% bonus for the monk I'm about to level...

He may actually outlevel every dungeon I queue for while still in it.
People are silly to complain about an 100% xp buff lol, have you seen RaF program? Isn't that like 300% xp gain?
[]Full heirlooms (minus the ring) give what 45% increase?

Plus 10% increase from guild

Plus 100% from flask.

Plus 300% from RaF.

Plus 50% bonus for the monk I'm about to level...

He may actually outlevel every dungeon I queue for while still in it. [/quote]
There is also a 300% flask for an hour ;)
This just isn't an issue. It really isn't.

Do you realize what a long haul it is from 1-90? If the next expansion gives us even just 5 more levels, that's still a long haul. With the age of the game, it's been long acknowledged by Blizzard that the bulk of the player base tends to camp out at the level cap. With the recent subscription dips (and this isn't meant to start an argument about what caused them; so seriously not the point), the unavoidable reality is this: there are more existing customers than there are new customers coming in, which means you've got people who want to level alts, and they have less incentive to go through the whole grind again. Things to speed that up are in high demand, which is why you're continually seeing threads here asking Blizzard for methods to pass heirloom items across realm boundaries: people want a faster leveling experience.

This isn't "pay to win". You show me your fresh 90th level character, I'll show you this toon, who's only casually gearing up, and I will beat that character every time.

I don't mind if it's one of two things:

1) A $10 account-bound item (i.e., it unlocks 100% bonus XP for all characters on the account)

2) A $5 one-use item. I'm willing to drop around $5 (I spend more than that on the vending machine at work most every day...) to speed up a new alt and get them to cap.

Besides, one-shotting a wolf and watching an explosion of new abilities would be awesome. ;)
Brb, gotta level an Alchemist.
There is nothing wrong with adding a feature which allows customers to get through content 1-90. It doesn't give them advantage, one would argue BoA geared players have a more advantage then lets say someone just getting into WoW.
The problem is that it open doors to really "pay to win" model. And we already pay the game and a monthly fee just to skip that.

WoW is going F2P at some point. It's only a matter of time.
while still requiring a subscription? k.
What's this alchemist xp buff potion keep talking about? I google searched "achemy xp buff" but all that came up was "Elixir of Ancient Knowledge" and that's not a potion you can make, it's a consumable one time use BoA potion that drops from a rare mob....

Is there really an xp potion alchemists can make? Please any help, thanks
So, when can I buy raid gear? Because if this is sold in the store, it WILL happen.

"slippery slope, blah blah blah"
I'm waiting for a blue post on this. If this turns into microtransactions, I'm leaving. Unsubbing immediately.

There's a fine line, blizzard.

Ok, let's be honest here. Leveling faster is in no way going to affect you. Just look at new players already having to level 90 levels or look at players like me, I am not looking forward to leveling a new toon, it's boring because I've already done the quests before. If they were to implement this hell I'd buy it.

Please remove your tin foil hat and doomsday poster (that event already happened).
Blizz should just go straight to selling "naked" level 90 toons. I just don't see any ethical difference between selling 90s, selling this elixir, and letting us have the ability to power level. It's a question of speed only.

Honestly why not, the elixir will make it hard to level anyway your going to be constantly above to the level zone or quests your doing.

Add in flight paths not auto known and youll be spending more time traveling than leveling.

Maybe not level 90's but start you like dks at 55 with a potion you buy in your bags to make it even faster.
In before it's tagged as a store item because it's a free gift for the next annual pass event, oh snap.

But like others have said, they already sell exp. It makes more sense to do so directly than to have people mass-create dummy accounts clogging up the servers and whatever every time they have a box-set sale for RAF.

I don't see how anyone can oppose a means of more effectively providing a service we already have.
omg money for gold http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100001590 WoW ruined FOREVER! /ragequit ARRRGHHH!
07/03/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Babana
Even if it was in the game, who cares i already get 3121250518128 BoAs and items to face roll leveling.

So make it a BoA Elixir In game, instead of the ..supposedly might be in store bought item.

Why? We don't need MORE +xp stuff available in game, levelling is trivial enough as is. If someone wants to trivialize it even more - let them pay extra.
07/03/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Teek
Blizz should just go straight to selling "naked" level 90 toons. I just don't see any ethical difference between selling 90s, selling this elixir, and letting us have the ability to power level. It's a question of speed only.

Honestly why not, the elixir will make it hard to level anyway your going to be constantly above to the level zone or quests your doing.

Add in flight paths not auto known and youll be spending more time traveling than leveling.

Maybe not level 90's but start you like dks at 55 with a potion you buy in your bags to make it even faster.

Will you honestly stop it. You're just talking about stuff you haven't experienced and are acting irrational.

Who cares if someone levels faster than you? I can go on a powerleveling site right now and drop like what $100 for a level 90? Will I be any good at that class, will I have end game gear? No.

There was a term that used to exist in this game called "Ebayers" players who bought Ebay accounts. They were high rated players who clearly bought the account because they sucked.

Giving me a level 90 faster than someone who levels them with no buff in no way makes me better at the class. Please stop complaining about this. Also ultimately this comes down to money. Because oh no someone with more disposable income is able to buy something I cannot!

Let's be honest here there are more pressing matters to deal with, people selling gear, gold sellers and bots. Please complain about those because if little timmy levels to 90 faster than johnny everyone seems to care, but when Tom is botting in Jade Forest with his miner bot no one seems to care as much.
I wouldn't mind something that would increase the rate that you can level professions. Leveling is fun, I wouldn't like skipping all the content, but also wouldn't want to go as slow as no BOA gear. But leveling professions on my alts is a pain and slow
I wouldn't mind this if it were to be like a gold sink or a long cd based flask an alchemist could make.

But the possibility of it being a micro-transaction worries me a bit.

Yes, I would love to be one of the people to buy it [cost depending] and test it out. I'm an altaholic and it mildly frustrates me when I start over on a new server, no heirlooms, and I'm still nitpicking through all the annoying guild spam to find a quiet guild to just park in and level.

But, what worries me, is what they're going to put out next as a micro-transaction. Valor Points? Justice Points? Old crafting mats like Blood Spirits or Haunting Spirits? Filler gear similar to JP gear to get you into heroics/lfr/flex raids faster?

While the XP buff flask isn't game breaking in the least bit, it could potentially open a door that leads to a path of several micro-transactions that could be considered game breaking and borderline Pay To Win. This is just something we're going to have to wait and see on.

And besides, what do they mean by "in-game store"? Do they mean the Blizzard Store? Or are they sneaking in an in game store somehow? Inquiring minds would like to know!