Why the Nerf on Warlocks in 5.4?

Warlock
Nerf to KJC and Fel Armor specifically.

Is it too much DPS? Warlocks are #9 in DPS rank (according to Noxxic) so not that. Also im always bottom half in DPS in instances.

I played Warlock on account of being a cool looking demon and casting while moving. Also for the survivability. Fun to play class and not embarrasingly dying all the time. Low DPS yes, but hey was fun...then this 5.4 change hurts my heart.

So now i will die more and do even less DPS on account of having to move when the floor is on fire.

No fun more hurt.
06/26/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Heavenfall
Is it too much DPS? Warlocks are #9 in DPS rank (according to Noxxic) so not that

Stop using Noxxic to rank DPS. It's generally inaccurate.
Stop using Noxxic to rank DPS. It's generally inaccurate

still the point that warlocks are in the lower half stands true and the idea of nerfing us is strange and I have yet to find a non B.S. response from blizzard justifying it.
Are we the only class that has been nerfed every patch this expansion?

If you were the real Xelnath you'd know that's not even close to accurate.
06/26/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Aiedden

still the point that warlocks are in the lower half stands true and the idea of nerfing us is strange and I have yet to find a non B.S. response from blizzard justifying it.

Not at all. Unless you're well outgeared, why are you in the lower half?
06/26/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Aiedden

If you're in the lower half, you're either fundamentally not playing well or you're severely outgeared.
If you're in the lower half, you're either fundamentally not playing well or you're severely outgeared.
Nerf to KJC and Fel Armor specifically.

we are not the only ones to lose passive mitigation. Also, KJC has been on the chopping block for a while now.
Ok, if Noxxic not a good source for determining DPS ranks which is? And where do warlocks rank right now in DPS.

I rank bottom half always maybe cause l like to survive better than inviting threat and dying, but that not going to work so good with the Fel Armor nerf. And the DPS count going to be extra lower now with the cant move and cast. Maybe Blizz balanced the class, i dont know, but boy i am going to be kicked from instances now lol.
I believe all wizards lost passive damage mitigation.

It's dumb as melee is going to tear through us even more than they currently do but I guess it has PvE implications? I'm not sure since I'm not a carebear.
06/26/2013 02:19 PMPosted by Drubane
but I guess it has PvE implications?

less passive dr= more damage from aoe raid mechanics= more healing required by healers.

yeah there's an impact. its not huge but its there
Rebalance? all i see is breaking warlocks talents and nerfing the !@#$ out of them
Too much utility for one thing. We're just nuts. Demonic gateway health stones cast while moving greater survivability then other casters. Self heals, aoe slows (great for tortos).

Not sure kjc is that big of a nerf. Is there still a movement penalty? I'm more concerned with mannoroths now.
Ok, if Noxxic not a good source for determining DPS ranks which is? And where do warlocks rank right now in DPS.

I rank bottom half always maybe cause l like to survive better than inviting threat and dying, but that not going to work so good with the Fel Armor nerf. And the DPS count going to be extra lower now with the cant move and cast. Maybe Blizz balanced the class, i dont know, but boy i am going to be kicked from instances now lol.

For a quick-and-dirty, Raidbots will give you a pretty good idea, but you'll have to turn your data set from "Top 100" to something else--personally I think All Parses gives the best overall view. There's other sites, too.

Warlocks, as a class, are three of the top...six? specs right now in terms of DPS, have by far the best survivability, and their utility is bar none the best for making raid encounters easier. If you're doing poorly on the DPS charts and it's not that you're significantly less geared, then you should check out some non-Noxxic guides (I'm partial to Elitist Jerks, but I'm not sure if the Warlock forum is as good as the Paladin forum is).

We needed these nerfs to get rid of people like yourself. You are bottom half because you aren't playing right. If you don't wanna make the effort to get better, then I don't know what you should play. Right now we can "stand in the fire" heal ourselves and put out ridiculous damage.

Only expansion we haven't been nerfed every patch lol
We needed these nerfs to get rid of people like yourself. You are bottom half because you aren't playing right. If you don't wanna make the effort to get better, then I don't know what you should play. Right now we can "stand in the fire" heal ourselves and put out ridiculous damage.

Harsh, but... I am agreeing with the second part. OP, if you are having issues being on the bottom of the DPS meters, maybe you should check out Icy Veins or Elitist Jerks to help you fine-tune your playstyle.

Also, I don't see how you can lose so much DPS simply by focusing on survivability. Usually when my raid group wipes it is myself, another Lock, and the Warrior tank who stay alive for about an extra minute or two and still end up doing very respectable damage even whilst healing ourselves and staying out of bad stuff. We wiped on a boss last night, and our other Lock had switched to Demo for the fight and ended up tanking the boss for a good long while when everyone else was dead, haha.

But yeah, I think at this point that it's a player problem and not a class problem. You will need to adapt to the nerfs or go to another class where you might have a little bit more fun. I know getting nerfed can be disappointing, but every class has been nerfed and buffed since WoW's inception and we're all still here. XD