No Sound

Mac Technical Support
Glad I could help! :)

I also use a ton of mapping on my Naga, so I installed the non Synapse driver and reconfigured my profiles and everything is working great.
Thanks for the additional info.

We're checking out the Razer feedback. In the mean time can we get soem additional system information?

1. Launch World of Warcraft and log in.
    2. Put World of Warcraft into Windowed Mode if it is not already in Windowed Mode.
    3. From the system menu bar, select Help > Copy Support Information: http://i45.tinypic.com/foodww.png
    4. Paste the contents of the copied system information here (Command-V)
Also, we'll need the additional information about what your current sound output settings are for WoW and OS X:

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen a mouse controller software package kill sound like that. Though if I'm wrong (about it being in Agent), hey, I'm wrong. That would be unfortunate for those that rely on the Razer products though, as they are actually pretty nice and make playing very much more enjoyable.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Well I seemed to have found the problem, for me at least.

The issue in my case was Razer Synapse 2.0. I use a Razer Naga at work and a Razer Epic Naga at home. I have been experiencing issues syncing my profiles so I updated Razer Synapse 2.0 late last night but didn't do any gaming afterward and noticed the sound issue this morning. After trying just about everything I could possibly think of...I read on the D3 Mac support form that a user updated his Razer mouse (something I had also done recently) and that is when he noticed the problem. I then removed Razer Synapse 2.0 (if you search the word Synapse using spotlight one of the options is Uninstall Razer Synapse) and my problem was resolved with all three games.

Hope this helps.

ZOMFG I LOVE YOU.

this is the fix. its kinda unfortunate, this merely adds to a long list of issues i have had with razer products, which has already made me stop using their mice, (mouses?), and headsets, and now I'm gonna stop using their keyboards. bleh. in any case, THANKS!!!!!!
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen a mouse controller software package kill sound like that. Though if I'm wrong (about it being in Agent), hey, I'm wrong. That would be unfortunate for those that rely on the Razer products though, as they are actually pretty nice and make playing very much more enjoyable.

This was a really odd issue.

For some reason the Razer Synapse 2.0 was creating a phantom USB sound device. When I went to System Preferences > Sound > Output it showed a USB sound device with no name. After I uninstalled the Synapse 2.0 software the unnamed USB sound device disappeared at which point the game sound worked again.

So for fun I reinstalled Synapse 2.0 and the unnamed USB sound device reappeared and the game sound no longer worked. (I copied some of this info from a post I made in the D3 support forum but thought I'd share it here)
Oh and I'm guessing Tiapriestess = TheTias on D3? :) Sorry, I should have paid closer attention and not double posted.
wow... uninstalling synapse fixed it.... but mouse acceleration doesnt work in game without it QQ
wow... uninstalling synapse fixed it.... but mouse acceleration doesnt work in game without it QQ

If you download and install the non-Synapse driver you will be able to control all your beloved settings again. :)
Oh and I'm guessing Tiapriestess = TheTias on D3? :) Sorry, I should have paid closer attention and not double posted.

I don't mind the double post. It informed players of what was going on and got them to get their sound back. That's not double posting, that's getting the word out to those that need it. :)
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Make sure to post the requested information from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9397369700?page=2#22 and http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9397369700?page=2#23

We'll need this information to work with Apple, Razer, etc to get this resolved.
Make sure to post the requested information from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9397369700?page=2#22 and http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9397369700?page=2#23

Ok, here is the info with both Synapse 2.0 installed and without it.

http://tinypic.com/r/2w228g3/5 System sound settings
http://tinypic.com/r/2j3l1g5/5 Wow sound settings

This is without Synapse 2.0 installed and everything working properly.

Software:

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)
Kernel Version: Darwin 12.4.0
Time since boot: 1:49

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B08
SMC Version (system): 2.1f173
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Graphics/Displays:

Intel HD Graphics 4000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 384 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0166
Revision ID: 0x0009
gMux Version: 1.9.23

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0fd5
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3682
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

Other:

Input Source ID: com.apple.keylayout.US
Keyboard Layout: ANSI

This is with Synapse 2.0 installed and the audio not working in wow.

Software:

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.8.4 (12E55)
Kernel Version: Darwin 12.4.0
Time since boot: 1 minute

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B08
SMC Version (system): 2.1f173
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Graphics/Displays:

Intel HD Graphics 4000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 384 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0166
Revision ID: 0x0009

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0fd5
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3682
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

Other:

Input Source ID: com.apple.keylayout.US
Keyboard Layout: ANSI

:)
07/01/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Pourt

If you download and install the non-Synapse driver you will be able to control all your beloved settings again. :)

Any ideas for those of us with Naga2012? I tried it with the old naga driver and its not compatible :( guess I'm going to try to get an older version of synapse.
I'm not sure if this is related or even helpful but my friend who plays has the exact same mouse as me (Razer Naga Hex) and we both downloaded Synapse 2.0 but his sound works. He's on a Mac Book Pro (like me) only difference is, his is two years old and mine is brand new. Don't know why this would make a difference seeing as we both run the most current software updates and use the same WoW application, but it does. Hope this helps narrow down the problem!

Cheers
Pourt. FThat fixed my issue as well. Thanks
Ok guys I think I found a fix to this problem. After snooping around the D3 and WoW forums, I found out the source of the problem. The latest Razer Synapse drivers were installing an audio input source which was messing up Blizzard games' audio.
To fix this, go to /System/Library/extensions (with finder selected, press "go" in the menu bar and then "go to folder")and delete the file called "RazerAPO.kext"
Now restart your computer and go into game settings and sound. Press the "output device" dropdown box and select "built in output"

EDIT: After some more experimenting, I think some of you will need to go to system prefs--> sound and select "headphones" or "speakers" for the game to work and you won't need to select "built in output" you can just use "default"

P.S Just copypasted from my sc2 thread reply so it has some stuff you already know
Just more to add. Same problem. Updated Synapse 2.0 from 1.12 to 1.13, sound in WoW suddenly stopped working. Sound.log looked exactly like the others in this thread and phantom USB sound device was there. Reverted back to 1.12 and everything worked fine again.

Running OS X 10.8.4, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 MacBook pro.
Ok guys I think I found a fix to this problem. After snooping around the D3 and WoW forums, I found out the source of the problem. The latest Razer Synapse drivers were installing an audio input source which was messing up Blizzard games' audio.
To fix this, go to /System/Library/extensions (with finder selected, press "go" in the menu bar and then "go to folder")and delete the file called "RazerAPO.kext"
Now restart your computer and go into game settings and sound. Press the "output device" dropdown box and select "built in output"

EDIT: After some more experimenting, I think some of you will need to go to system prefs--> sound and select "headphones" or "speakers" for the game to work and you won't need to select "built in output" you can just use "default"

P.S Just copypasted from my sc2 thread reply so it has some stuff you already know

This works!

Delete the razerapo.kext file then restart your system and the rogue sound device is gone. Wow has sound now :)

Thanks alot!