Does Ret Need a Fear Break?

Paladin
I've gotten Challenger/Rival as Holy but haven't played much Ret, been messing around the last couple weeks and have gotten a really good feel for the spec.

I'm 88 now, and I've been leveling the Warrior and the Paladin at the same time so the Warrior is 89 at the moment and I'm working on getting the Pally to 88.

The biggest pain that I'm finding is the lack of a fear break. Warlocks, Priests and Psyfiends are my worst enemies, if I don't kill a Psyfiend right away the priest that was almost dead is now at full health and I'm at least 50 yards away.

I was thinking maybe it's something they could add to [Emancipate] - with my frequent [Hand of Freedom] use I can't remember the last time I used [Emancipate].

I could very well be doing it wrong, would love any thoughts.

(x-posted to Battlegrounds)
I think Fear is intentionally one of Ret's weak points. Giving us a fear break essentially neutralizes that, and would result in a nerf elsewhere.
The game needs less fear, or fear needs to be fixed. I can fear people on my warrior and go full ham and they die. The fear doesn't break.
Paladins get to fear next patch
Yeah but giving more people access to a broken/strangely functioning incredibly strong CC isn't good for the game.
Every class is strong against some form of CC. Mages can blink stuns, Warriors can Berserker Rage out of Fear. Ret Paladins already have the ability to get out of any root or slow, without cooldown, though all Paladins can have Hand of Freedom. So I don't think we need to get out of another type of CC.
After having main'd a warrior for so long, I do miss the fear break, but I don't think Ret is dying for one.
It is definitely not needed, or screaming for one. I think that if we got a fear break ability it would be a nice quality of life skill in the state the game is with so many fears in game. I'd say that if they were to add it, they should just bind it into our Divine Protection and have it remove magic affects similar to sham rage.
It'd be nice, although I'd rather have a baseline sacred shield with a 40-50% buff through Sword of Light.

If I had to choose, that is.
Ret would be too strong, but I do think fears need to be fixed and/or have an increased cooldown. I don't think it should send you fleeing. It should leave you in place or have the duration lowered. As it is, you end up fleeing for 8 seconds and then spend another 5 trying to get back on target.

Another problem with fear is swim at full run speed, often to the bottom of the nearest body of water. Then it's over and you have swim at reduced speed to get out. It's complete bull!@#$!
Did someone say:

HoSac
Divine Shield
Hand of Protection

Psyfiend - Glyphed Turn Evil?
i would rather have the stun break back then a fear break.

ret IS the most controllable of the melee in terms of its vulnerability to hard cc, and usually that vulnerability is justified because they are strong against soft cc like roots and disarms and warriors already have the anti fear melee thing covered. ret could use some anti cc mechanic that dosn't also double as a defensive cooldown like bubble and isn't buggy as a hell like sac.

fear needs to be fixed in general, the break point needs to be a lot better worded.
i would rather have the stun break back then a fear break.

fear needs to be fixed in general, the break point needs to be a lot better worded.

This i can completely agree with ( having 2 paladins, a lock, and a druid at 90), fear does have very ill defined break points. I can have a lock eat half my life in a fear that doesn't break and then have someone break from my fear in the first second when I'm on my lock.

That's a moot point atm tho, its really just fear moreover paladins needing a fear breaker
I wouldn't mind seeing a return of the old fear reduction, Unyielding Faith.

Yeah that would be cool.

ret IS the most controllable of the melee in terms of its vulnerability to hard cc, and usually that vulnerability is justified because they are strong against soft cc like roots and disarms and warriors already have the anti fear melee thing covered. ret could use some anti cc mechanic that dosn't also double as a defensive cooldown like bubble and isn't buggy as a hell like sac.

I'm not sure that being strong against disarms is really a thing when it's gained by being incredibly vulnerable to silences.

Currently to be accurate it needs to read "might break from damage before you die if you were on 100% health".

I'm a bit bothered about the change to give us a fear, actually. I don't think we need two different and yet quite similar forms of CC. I also think that unless running with a lock or priest, we'll be taking it over Repentance because it's a better peel and much harder to break by accident.