Oondasta strategy.

General Discussion
Seems like..

A: Fight him tactically.

Or

B: Throw enough meat walls at him till he chokes on it. (lol more meat for the grinder)
B is usually the choice of most pug groups, but hey it does work.
Oondasta was good on paper, but terrible in implementation.

Sure, he might be challenging for 40 raiders to down, but that doesn't mean squat when 120 people just GY zerg him.
I've been in maybe two groups that had a set plan. People knew to spread out 10 yards from each other and the tanks faced Oon away from the group. All the other groups threw themselves at him over and over again.
Technically, throwing yourselves at him over and over IS a valid plan.
Technically, throwing yourselves at him over and over IS a valid plan.

That it is. I don't kill him frequently but the last couple of times it was done without the gy zerg strat. I thought the nerfs made him a lot easier.
I've never been able to kill Oond. My realm (Alliance side at least) just can't seem to do it. I'm sure somebody has managed to, but I've never been in a group that got him below 40%. I keep trying, but people in pugs are just too damn stupid.
I've never been able to kill Oond. My realm (Alliance side at least) just can't seem to do it. I'm sure somebody has managed to, but I've never been in a group that got him below 40%. I keep trying, but people in pugs are just too damn stupid.

I recommend getting the addon oqueue. I get successful pugs every week on it.
+1 for the psycho reference
Let the Bodies hit the floor!
The original design didn't really work with faction tag, as you'd have enough people there to make spreading out adequately impossible. As a result, the best way really was meatgrinder.

Now? The best way is to bring more healers, and give up trying to spread, and instead have the entire raid clump up supertight behind the boss. Crazy, but true!
been in a couple of pugs people screaming need more tanks more healers fail group some leave some join after third attempt hes down and look the ones making the most noise got their achievement
Last Tuesday, we had 120+ people attacking him. I spammed my instant casts and watched as he stood there, a lag-frozen statue of potential loot, his health steadily dropping as we drowned the big lizard in lag.

I even got a necklace out of it.
I'm amazed at the number of players who spam raid chat with "Only one group? that's not enough, you need at least 2 raid groups to kill him."

>.>

More does not make it easier, nor is it necessary now his respawn timer is a couple of hours instead of 4-5 days. All more does is create more lag, which in turn creates a need for more players, which then increases the lag even more, so you end up getting more players.... If you just stick to 40, you're fine as long as you have a good tank and competent healers.
Played a game of ping pong tag yesterday with horde and oon.

They tagged and wiped, we tagged and wiped. 20 minutes later the groups started falling apart as everyone hit rez timers, and all the bickering began.

I guess the random farmers on the isle bringing their loot pinatas to the raid to kill didnt help much for either side.

It was funny, but expensive.

Actually only been in a group twice that had a strat and got him basically on the first try.
Make sure to have all the ranged classes, especially healers, crowd up into melee range to get as many people killed as possible.

Seems like how most people do it.
I'd like to see an Azuregos mechanic on some new world bosses, so it takes some strategy instead of lugging corpses at it.
little bit of A little bit of B