Open Libram LXXXVI: Hero of the Day

Paladin
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
I felt the same way when I got the silly branched sword off of the troll council. It's almost a thousand dps better than the LFR one, which is absurd.

I'm still collecting rune plaques for my cloak, I suspect I won't finish it until 5.4, at which point I'll once again be behind. ho hum
Have we finally stopped worrying that the sky is falling on us? It would be nice.
I haven't used my new weapon yet because we're done raiding for the week but there might be other guild shenanigans to get into. I dunno! Light help whatever alliance I run into later tonight.

thats what 3? 4? hours for a 13/13 clear?

stop making the rest of us look bad.

Srsly. I'll still consider myself extremely lucky to see a Lei Shen kill this week.
Well, if you don't wipe and don't stop running through the dungeon, that sounds about right. ;p
Have we finally stopped worrying that the sky is falling on us? It would be nice.

Hmmmm?

Who is doing that?

You mean all the Prot Paladins who think Blizzard is somehow destroying Haste Tanking next patch?
Well, if you don't wipe and don't stop running through the dungeon, that sounds about right. ;p

we wiped on tortos once this week because the guy who did the kicking hadn't been given assist to mark the turtle he wanted killed and none of the ranged swapped over because they didn't see the OMGSKULLKILLITNOW and we died.

also having bats kited by a monk with no gems or enchants in his gear is kind of proof of how op monks are on that fight, bats were formerly kited by a monk wearing blues.

You mean all the Prot Paladins who think Blizzard is somehow destroying Haste Tanking next patch?

shouldn't blizz be destroying haste tanking? its part of whats putting prot paladins a cut above all the other tanks.
A friend of mine posted on their facebook about the Seal of Insight change 'destroying' holy.

Dont remember ever having to melee in a raid while healing, its more of a blow to Prot.
Even as far as Prot concerned, they said they would probably buff GBTL to compensate ( 10 % )
The change to Insight not giving mana was not aimed at Prot, and will be compensated elsewhere.

The Seal of Insight change is not intended as a Protection nerf, or to make haste less attractive. In fact, the change is being made because of a Holy concern. Although Seal of Insight does benefit from haste, the stat’s real value for Protection comes from Sanctity of Battle. Regardless, we will be making adjustments to make sure Protection doesn’t start having mana issues. Current thinking is to increase the mana gain from Guarded by the Light to 10%.

The fact that we are ooming with no haste is a pretty big flaw, so there is cause for people to worry. With the level of haste some raiders have now, it would be pretty bad.

Assuming it made it to live, which it won't, it would be quite ridiculous.

The other changes are fine, Prot needs nerfs.

They won't kill haste tanking though, not this expansion, and I'm not sure about next. Dodge/parry should go first tbh, nobody wants avoidance, and the AM model for all tanks is much better.
Blizzard claims it was a nerf to holy, but it hurts prot which they say they'll fix, and it seriously hurts me because I'm apparently the only battle healer ret in the world.
Blizzard claims it was a nerf to holy, but it hurts prot which they say they'll fix, and it seriously hurts me because I'm apparently the only battle healer ret in the world.

The initial nerf was because of lolVengeance making it nearly another healer. Which pisses me off because I liked swapping to Insight for clutch situations to aid in a bit of healing. I'll miss the 100k+ heals from HA spam...
I killed Disruptron. I hate him so much
The battle healer change shouldn't hurt Ret that much in cases that you're going to glyph it. SoI just won't heal your anymore, which in a raid really isn't a whole lot anyway.

Honestly battle healer would be much more interesting as an ability that only retribution has access too. Something similar to VE/AG where a portion of your damage (all damage or just holy damage) is converted to 'x' amount of healing over 'x' seconds.

It was obviously that protection just took collateral damage to an intended holy paladin nerf. Glad they clarified as I imagine there was a lot protection paladins complimenting whether or not to tear the rest of the patches of hair off of their heads. Glad they did, being limited to an archaic resource for your tanking spec would be awful design.

Prot does need nerfs granted and the changes they currently have are fairly solid. Yes they make avoidance more attractive which is good. However avoidance still won't be nearly as attractive as haste, which I think is a good change.
As far as the change for holy it seems rather odd. I know holy paladins sometimes are able to melee for mana during big downtime, but it's not guaranteed mana nor does it return it very fast. Very minor change overall.
07/10/2013 11:55 AMPosted by Vanhi
I haven't used my new weapon yet because we're done raiding for the week but there might be other guild shenanigans to get into. I dunno! Light help whatever alliance I run into later tonight.

thats what 3? 4? hours for a 13/13 clear?

We really were hoping to clear to Lei Shen Last night so that we would have 3 full nights for progression. Over the course of the night:

We started late because someone's pizza arrive late, we wiped to Jinrok twice, we spent a ton of time one shotting horridon because we lose half the raid early on, we for some reason decided to 1 tank tortos and kill bats even though we never do that, and on the 1st attempt we were missing a DPS who hadn't zoned in yet, and on the 2nd, the tank DC'd, I don't know what happened on Megaera because I sat for it, (already had wep and didn't need ring) but I had enough time to get my sword and several holy pieces ready and go to the bathroom in the time it took to kill it. And finally, we had to end 20 minutes early before pulling Dark Animus because one of our tanks hadn't slept in over 48 hours, and fell asleep at the keyboard and we couldn't wake him up even with a ton of yelling XD.

It was just one of those nights...

On the battle healer changes, I don't actually see the point in it. Who is going to use this now? The main appeal of the old battle healer was that it applied to all melee damage. If the new glyph just takes the baseline heal from SoI and makes it apply to random raid members, it's never going to be used by anyone. As far as losing mana return on SoI, I don't see it mattering, I almost never find myself in a scenario as a healer where I'm actually able to stand in melee without chaining some boss AoE, so not a huge loss.
07/10/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Darthelmet
one of our tanks hadn't slept in over 48 hours, and fell asleep at the keyboard and we couldn't wake him up even with a ton of yelling XD.

Best excuse for ditching a raid ever!
Grog when you have the time the Previous Libram link is still not working.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9377139311

07/10/2013 12:12 PMPosted by Vanhi
shouldn't blizz be destroying haste tanking?

In my opinion they should, but they're not going too this expansion. Would cause far too much backlash.

Prot should have never gotten Sanctity of Battle.

and it seriously hurts me because I'm apparently the only battle healer ret in the world.

I've used it on occasion but it never seemed to make a substantial difference.

I too dislike them gutting Battle Healer but it really was terribly OP when used by Prot.

Dont remember ever having to melee in a raid while healing

Our Holy Paladin does it quite often when it's possible, free mana and a touch of self healing, why not?

I don't like the change for Holy because of Lore/flavor reasons. Holy Paladins are supposed to be battle healers, now monks have taken that over.

I killed Disruptron. I hate him so much

Many grats, guy still gives me headaches.

I really need to do Brawlers Guild again, the mount from there would give me 200.
07/10/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Grog when you have the time the Previous Libram link is still not working.

Dunno how the hell that happened - swear I copied the link directly from the address bar while I had the old thread open to copy the OP text. o_O
07/10/2013 08:24 AMPosted by Chaz
Now I'm glad that legendaries can be gotten in LFR now, but man, it really gets in my craw that people and their alts can get their legendary cloaks before normal/heroic raiders that do LFR as well.

Y'know, I was really expecting the final legendary to have LFR/normal/heroic versions, precisely because getting the same legendary from LFR seems silly, but apparently I was entirely wrong.

Yeah, I'm bummed about that part too.
Our Holy Paladin does it quite often when it's possible, free mana and a touch of self healing, why not?

Hmm I dont ever have mana issues to warrant having to melee, maybe I'm Holying wrong