The Long Day achievement questions

Pet Battles
Post Limit:
Hello! I am planning to attempt the Longest Day achievement, and I'm wondering, for those of you who have completed the achievement, how long did it take to finish it?

It usually takes me about one and a half hour to finish the pandaria grand master tamer dailies+spirt tamers+ fable beasts.

In addition, do I need to finish part of the achievement on an ally character? Or can I finish all of it just on this character (horde).

And last dumb question..... When does a new day began? >_<;;; I am in eastern time zone.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated! Thanks!
Only took me a couple hours..while getting distracted by herbs and ore along the way xD You can complete it all on one toon on either faction or even two. I completed most of them on one toon (cant remember which) then went to my mage for the cata ones/Northrend, etc. And honestly..I wish I knew the answer to your last question. I'd assume midnight or when dailies reset at 3am but I cant say for sure.

Also, I dont know if they fixed it, but you may have to ticket for your stone if you dont get it upon completing the achievement.
Only took me a couple hours..while getting distracted by herbs and ore along the way xD You can complete it all on one toon on either faction or even two. I completed most of them on one toon (cant remember which) then went to my mage for the cata ones/Northrend, etc. And honestly..I wish I knew the answer to your last question. I'd assume midnight or when dailies reset at 3am but I cant say for sure.

Also, I dont know if they fixed it, but you may have to ticket for your stone if you dont get it upon completing the achievement.

Kitrae thanks for the quick reply!

Dungeons and raids reset around 11am, and dailies reset around 3am. I'm usually working in the afternoon and won't be able to get home until late at night. I don't want to start doing it then a new day begins T_T

And also, what's this stone you've mentioned?
The 'Marked Flawless Battle-Stone' which is the reward for the achievement :) It works just like a regular Flawless Battle-Stone

Marked Flawless Battle-Stone

I'd just give the achieve a shot when you can..when I did it, it was keeping progress from a few dailies I had done the day before.

and youre very welcome for the quick reply ;)

Edit: found a better way to link the item o.O
Took me 5 hours. But, I had alts stationed in various locations to reduce travel times.

You do not need to faction hop to finish this achieve. I used all horde toons and never even approached an alliance town. They learned their mistake from the tamer achieves.

Far as reset, my rough guess is it is on the same timer as daily quest resets. Which is... 3/4 am, I think (can't remember off hand). That said, some people have been bugged, regarding reset timers. Me, for example, the water spirit tamer stayed completed on my achieve for several days, even though I never went near it for about a week.

My only mildly helpful suggestion is do Pandaria ones first... that is the fables, elemental spirits, and master tamers. Get the hard ones out of the way first. The rest is mostly a travel time investment that will test your patience more than anything.
That's awesome! Really need a stone to upgrade my raven. I will try it tomorrow, probably going to start at northerner, I still remember the dragon tamer gave me so much trouble.

Thanks again Kitrae <3
Anytime! <3 And yes, the Battle-stone is awesome ;) I happened to get my Baby Ape the day I had it awarded to me via a GM so I used it immediately instead of bothering to farm for one.
Took me 5 hours. But, I had alts stationed in various locations to reduce travel times.

You do not need to faction hop to finish this achieve. I used all horde toons and never even approached an alliance town. They learned their mistake from the tamer achieves.

Far as reset, my rough guess is it is on the same timer as daily quest resets. Which is... 3/4 am, I think (can't remember off hand). That said, some people have been bugged, regarding reset timers. Me, for example, the water spirit tamer stayed completed on my achieve for several days, even though I never went near it for about a week.

My only mildly helpful suggestion is do Pandaria ones first... that is the fables, elemental spirits, and master tamers. Get the hard ones out of the way first. The rest is mostly a travel time investment that will test your patience more than anything.

Thanks for the time estimate Vear! I think I will try to leave 5 hours of spare time to do this achievement because I'm very slow and easily distracted lol.

Pandaria tamers are not too bad for me, been doing them every day lately for the stones. But I still remember the data and northerner tamers are hard! The dragon tamer in dragonblight and twilight highland tamers gave me so much trouble before and I forgot how to beat them....

Thanks for the time estimate Vear! I think I will try to leave 5 hours of spare time to do this achievement because I'm very slow and easily distracted lol.

Pandaria tamers are not too bad for me, been doing them every day lately for the stones. But I still remember the data and northerner tamers are hard! The dragon tamer in dragonblight and twilight highland tamers gave me so much trouble before and I forgot how to beat them....

See, thats what I thought as well. I remember so much trouble with the dragons, payne, and Cata. But, after weeks of panda-land tamers and a fairly healthy selection of 25s to work with, Northrend and Cata just felt like old content. I stacked my teams accordingly and just rolled right over them. I hope you have similar luck.
The achieve is bugged. You can do it over several days and still retain credit for every trainer that you did.

Which is also probably why it doesn't award a stone and has to be ticketed.
Just confirming it is still bugged as of when I did it this past weekend so just be ready to put in your ticket.

Also 5 hours sounds about right for someone not doing it at a breakneck pace.
The achieve is bugged. You can do it over several days and still retain credit for every trainer that you did.

Which is also probably why it doesn't award a stone and has to be ticketed.

Unfortunately the achievement does reset. At least it did for me, at 11AM eastern time lol Oh well I guess I will have to find another day to complete it.
I did it over a course of 12 hours because the flying and fighting lowbie tamers gets boring.
It took my girlfriend and me 8 hours.