Help! Moonkin Hatchling is HORRIBLE!

Pet Battles
I bought the moonkin hatchling during the $5 sale.

I thought that actually paying for the pet would give me an edge/advantage over other pets.

Turns out it's quite the useless piece of junk. I tried to level it up high, battling it against other pets, but it feels like if I can't kill another pet with the root+ solar beam combo I'm dead during the recovering phase.

It took me awhile to realize that pets that I could buy/catch in the wild is almost twice as good as my hatchling even at lower levels.

I requested a refund/exchange + more money for the balance, but they said I only have a 3 day refund period.

So what can I do with this useless pet right now?
So what can I do with this useless pet right now?

Walk around and rp with it. Hope that someday they change it. Or forget it exist. All are just about as effective.
Firstly the moonkin hatchling was around before battle pets - and should be noted that not all pets are good for battling but some are for collectors or just because they are dam cute
I thought that actually paying for the pet would give me an edge/advantage over other pets.

It took me awhile to realize that pets that I could buy/catch in the wild is almost twice as good as my hatchling even at lower levels.

+1 proof for the 'pet stores pets are not pay-2-win'.

However, if you can't find a way to synergize it, it's possible you... may just not be able to 'use' it.
Ok Chock I have messed around with Moonkin and come up with two teams I think he does great in. He is a real beast.

I kinda feel that a S/S nether Faerie Dragon/ H/P Infected Squirrel are the Moonlight equivalent of Darkness's Crow/Lantern Combo cuz anything that can benefit from moonlight fits into the team.

Nether Faerie Dragon (S/S breed)- Slicing Winds, Evenascance, Moonfire
Infected Squirrel (H/P breed)- Creeping Fungus, Rabid Bite, Consume
Moonkin-Solar Beam, Entangling Roots, Moonfire

So I really like how moonkin fits in the usual Dragon/Squirrel Duo. With two Moonfires there is no reason at all why you shouldn't control the weather. Your squirrel does his usual Creeping Fungus-Consume-Rabid Bite combo killing almost anything that isn't aquatic. The best part of Boomkin is his Root. You can use it to root humanoids/flyers/aquatics for each individual one of ur pets to eat (you just drop Roots and swap to the pet you want it to face, since roots is a one round Nuke it can't be dodged if used on a pet with no evasion). Also your Moonkin has a great suicide combo; Rabid Strike (squirrels racial last turn)-Entangling Roots-Solar Beam. This team destroys swapping teams too since swapping ur pets for you only helps speed up the rate at which you can set weather+add debuffs. For example, I open up with Faerie Dragon when facing Brooms/Imp teams since even if they swap my Dragon asap they bring will bring in Squirrel who will then dot their !@# up or Moonkin who will drop a Roots-Moonlight and then you swap to ur squirrel to dot their $%^ up lol)

The second team I made is a sunlight/AoE team. It's strong since ur attacking from two fronts (which is hard to counter).

Moonkin- Solar Beam, Entangling Roots, Cyclone
Venus- Poison Lash, Sunlight, Leech Seed
Zand Anklerender/Toenibbler (S/S breed)- Hunting Party/Flank, Primal Cry, Black Claw

The AoE in this team is tied to Cyclone-Sunlight-Primal Cry. Rotating these 2 during the duration of Cyclone is the key to massive AoE damage. Cyclone-Roots-Black Claw-Hunting Party/Primal Cry is a pretty sweet combo (especially when ur black clawed target gets hit by cyclone too. Black Claw is great with this team since even back rowed pets will be taking that extra damage too so people don't realize that swapping out of Black Claw won't help them much. Plus Black Claw+shatter adds to the healing Leech Seed's dot does. The best part of this team is if you play the game right by the end you should have Sunlight up with Primal Cry which means ur Boomkin will be able to do a quick Solar Beam (which does about 1k dmg). What kinda sucks though is ur boomkin doesn't heal from cyclone's damage (or he would be massively OP with Cyclone+Solar beam since he would heal due to his racial when he is unable to attack)

there you go
Also, Moonlight teams will be getting a few new pets to play with in 5.4.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/71942-aspect-of-xuen - his main attack has an 80% accuracy, except in Moonlight, where it becomes 100%
http://ptr.wowdb.com/npcs/72160-moon-moon - he can change the weather to Moonlight through a new ability
I've played around with him on a Moonlight team, because I keep insisting to myself that I'll like playing a Moonlight team, even though I never do. But he's not my favorite.

Also, sorry, but I must confess I'm amused at your expense, that you tried to pay to win then wanted a refund when that didn't work out the way you hoped.
It has its uses, but no, it's not the strongest of pets. Most of its value is as a collectible that most other players won't have.

lol

So very glad it's like this, pet battling would be horrible if the store pets were always the strongest.
This thread is funny.

Also, the Moonkin is very cute =)
I have two on my list, different colors. Prolly cuz I have a random Alliance char on my account. Can't release them, can't cage them, not gonna level them. They ARE goofy-cute though.

Maybe someday my druid will go Balance and use the pet as a....mini-me pet.
who buys the moonkin cause they want it TO SMITE THEIR ENEMIES WITH LETHAL FORCE anyway?

you buy it cause it's #2 in cuteness only to baby murlocs.

I haven't bought one cause all I see when I look at it is my GM >_>
personally, I don't think moonkin is THAT bad.
Help! Moonkin Hatchling is ADORABLE!

Fixed.
Help! Moonkin Hatchling is ADORABLE!

Fixed.

Now that looks correct to me!
personally, I don't think moonkin is THAT bad.

Bad breed and lack of self synergy is its real issue. And anything it can do more than likely something else can do better. Good job on Anni making it work though, impressive work as always.
1. Summon Moonkin Hatchling.

2. Target hatchling.

3. /dance

That is why you should keep it.
Did you really expect sympathy for your $5.00 not enabling easy wins for you?

Moonkin Hatchling is excellent at what it was designed for - being cute.
Bad breed and lack of self synergy is its real issue. And anything it can do more than likely something else can do better. Good job on Anni making it work though, impressive work as always.

it's not the top tier pet for sure..

(and there is no argument for being a bad breed too)

but skillset itself isn't too drastically bad. (just cuz it has entangling root)
1. Summon Moonkin Hatchling.

2. Target hatchling.

3. /dance

That is why you should keep it.

So full of win there..I didn't know that till now! A guildie happened to get me the moonkin hatchling and I love its adorable-ness but I love it even more now!

Yes I'm probably a moron for not knowing that /dance did something with the moonkin >.<
It has its uses, but no, it's not the strongest of pets. Most of its value is as a collectible that most other players won't have.

lol

So very glad it's like this, pet battling would be horrible if the store pets were always the strongest.

LOL... so true!