Virtual Realms...

General Discussion
Like so many others I was hoping that Blizzard would have come forth with the details.

•Virtual Realms are sets of realms that are fused together, and will behave exactly as if they were one cohesive realm. Players on the same Virtual Realm will be able to join guilds, access a single Auction House, join arena teams and raids, as well run dungeons or group up to complete quests.
•Players belonging to the same Virtual Realm will have a (#) symbol next to their name.

What I really want to know is:
  • Can we send mail to ourselves (from one realm to another realm) within the same Virtual Realm?
  • Since the virtual realms are bound together... what happens to realm transfers... character slots within those realms?
  • Will realms of a particular type, (Normal, PVP, RP, RP-PVP) be the only ones grouped?
  • What is the list of grouped realms?
  • I'm sure this will be covered in the blog post, provided they didn't get too busy with some other "shiny" feature they wish to polish.
    This is just my thoughts on the matter, using reasonable logic:

Can we send mail to ourselves (from one realm to another realm) within the same Virtual Realm?

I would imagine so, since they stated it would act as a single realm.

Since the virtual realms are bound together... what happens to realm transfers... character slots within those realms?

I would assume it would be exactly as it is now, where you picked a named realm with each named realm having its own set of character slots... its just that the grouped realms access the same areas. So if say 5 realms were groups, you'd still get 11 slots on each of the named realms and they would simply access the same living game world together.

Just a logical guess. They can't remove character slots from realms without major complications.

Character transfers withing shared realms would likely still work... but they would be utterly pointless.

Will realms of a particular type, (Normal, PVP, RP, RP-PVP) be the only ones grouped?

It would be absolutely stupid for different realm types to share the same game world, so you can assume you won't have to worry about that.
    Yep, still waiting on that article that was promised weeks ago. This is a huge, game-changing feature, and yet we've been told virtually nothing.

My list of burning questions about virtual realms pretty much mirrors the OP's list. Any chance we'll see that article this week?
    Looks like they're just taking the whole crz thing to its next logical step. Doubt that mailing will be an issue since the mail system is tied to the AH system and they've already stated the AH will be linked. Virtual realms are likely to use the same crz rules when it comes to server ruleset type.
    Kinda wish they'd just let people raid current tier (normal and heroic) with battle tag friends and not just virtual realm grouping. Been inching towards that with a weird amount of reluctance and are doing nothing but slowly bleeding players because of it. Most guilds out there aren't in the realm first race but are in desperate need of access to a larger pool of players to make their raids with.
    What is the list of grouped realms?

This is the one that I really want to know the answer to.
    07/10/2013 06:37 AMPosted by Mystraele
    Yep, still waiting on that article that was promised weeks ago. This is a huge, game-changing feature, and yet we've been told virtually nothing.

They told us directly that it would be some time prior to the blog entry.

When they tell us "soon" for something weeks out, that should be an indication that it's gonna be a while.