Stacking haste for prot?

Paladin
Is that a thing. I see a lot about haste for prot. is that the stat i should stack? does that come before parry/dodge.
Haste is king for us.

It effects SS ticks, and lowers the CD of our Holy Power generators, which means more Shield of the Righteous uptime. SOTR is our active mitigation ability.
Every defensive stat comes before dodge and parry. They're incredibly weak stats right now.
The common/popular stat priority for tankadins is:

7.5% hit > 15% expt > haste > mastery >>dodge = parry

Another viable alternative is to reverse haste and mastery, but in most situations haste is typically better. (stam isn't in the list because it's more of a comfort stat, how much you need will depend on how geared you and your healers are as well as the content you're doing. If you find you need more then get more, if you think you can give some up then drop some)
Haste is king for us.

It effects SS ticks, and lowers the CD of our Holy Power generators, which means more Shield of the Righteous uptime. SOTR is our active mitigation ability.

And according to MMOC's latest datamine, our holy shock !
Pretty sure Shock isn't going baseline, it's just being added to Holy's version of SoB to make haste somewhat attractive.
Holy Shock still req being in Holy Spec.

Avoidance is quite bad. This expac has been focused around Active Mitigation, and despite them trying to make the two other stats more valuable, it's going to remain outdated.

You either go haste/mastery or mastery/haste with 15% exp and 7.5% hit, There isn't any scenario where I would ever suggest going avoidance.
Having pieces of gear with dodge/parry on it isn't necessarily bad, but it's only better than crit, and not something you should look for. Spec should be set for Ret for many of the fights. Slightly more TDR over the course of the fight, but it's inconsistent, and an unreliable stat to stack.

I also use Mantid Elixir and Elixir of the Rapids for the majority of the fights. They don't persist through death though.
Mhmm, afaik, SoB is the same for all 3 specs, it's not a spec specific passive.

It is spec-specific, actually. Ret's doesn't mention Shield of the Righteous, Avenger's Shield, Consecration, or Holy Wrath, and Prot's doesn't mention Exorcism.
And Holy's shouldn't mention HotR, as I don't think they have it.
I stand corrected, I probably should have took that into consideration before posting =p

DERP!

There are tooltip errors all the time though, not too much new.
Pretty sure Shock isn't going baseline, it's just being added to Holy's version of SoB to make haste somewhat attractive.

According to the datamine it shows up now on every spec's SoB tooltip, even though the abilities listed there change from spec to spec. It's still just a datamine, I guess we'll see.
And Holy's shouldn't mention HotR, as I don't think they have it.

Have you also seen the mention of unlimited range on HotR ? Maybe it is going to become our Blood boil. Then there's crusader strike applying weakened blows so we can take out HotR from our rotation against single targets.
Have you also seen the mention of unlimited range on HotR ? Maybe it is going to become our Blood boil.

You have to know how to read these datamined tooltips to really get stuff like this. :P The "unlimited range" version of Hammer of the Righteous is the spell that Hammer of the Righteous casts, not the version we use. You'll notice that the listed change was that HotR now applies Weakened Blows--which, if you look at the actual ability, it already says it does.