Anybody thinking about those new helm mogs?

Paladin
Anybody planning on getting any of the transmog helms that are releasing wither when they come out or maybe down the road?

I'm tempted to the Jewel of the Firelord (Item not found)
I'm torn.

On one hand, I hate "pay to play" games and features. Granted, you don't need these items to play, but it's a step in that direction.

On the other hand, wow do they look SWEET. I like the skull and the fire one that you mentioned - that red one is just sort of "meh".

So, maybe I will buy them if I find a transmog set that just screams "GET THAT HELMET AND IT WILL BE PERFECT. EVERY MAN WILL WANT TO BE YOU, AND EVERY WOMEN WILL WANT TO BE WITH YOU."
I'm torn.

On one hand, I hate "pay to play" games and features. Granted, you don't need these items to play, but it's a step in that direction.

On the other hand, wow do they look SWEET. I like the skull and the fire one that you mentioned - that red one is just sort of "meh".

So, maybe I will buy them if I find a transmog set that just screams "GET THAT HELMET AND IT WILL BE PERFECT. EVERY MAN WILL WANT TO BE YOU, AND EVERY WOMEN WILL WANT TO BE WITH YOU."

Kinda my feeling lol, i mean i could do 7/8 judgement with the flames, but i dunno :/
T11 blue Death Knight set would look amazing with the helm.

Add a Frozen Epic tabard and youre looking pretty frosty :)

edit: ROFL, tabard on ebay going from 150$ to 300$
Probably not. I like that Helm of Eternal Darkness or whatever it's called, but I can't think of a set to match it. It could get it on this guy since DK gear is a little more that helm's style, but I'm pretty sure it looks retarded on tauren.
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=71452:71512:71513:71520:71521:71475:95474:71352

The firelands (immolation set) with the jewel and Sulfuras would be BADA$$

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=59316:59342:62418:59118:59901:59317:95475:39245

The DK Magma Look-alike set with Demise would be amazing with the Crown

and Last (and least awesome imo)

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=65131:65119:65027:65121:97213:60229:33670

The Earthen Warplate recolor (red) goes very nice with the hood
Hood of hungering shadows goes surprisingly well with the red white tiger tier set, as well ad Judgement strangely enough. That being said, 15 dollars for a helm is slightly (read: horribly)!ridiculous,
Yes; however, it instantly makes you a high priority target in bgs at the moment.
Bought it and immediately took it off and tossed it in the bank. Skull graphic fades in and out, and is not visible on tauren. Theire whole "icy visage" ad is a fraud. My current helm works better. So disappointed.
That being said, 15 dollars for a helm is slightly (read: horribly)!ridiculous,

Agreed. I would do $15-25 for an entire armor transmog set with included weapons and shield, but not a single item like a helm for which I would need to farm matching items.
Bought it and immediately took it off and tossed it in the bank. Skull graphic fades in and out, and is not visible on tauren. Theire whole "icy visage" ad is a fraud. My current helm works better. So disappointed.

Not blizzards fault, that someone was to lazy to go to wowhead or mmo-champion, or type the macro to try it on, or see the videos on youtube,or ask in game to see someone who already purchased it in trade chat.

^ Could have done any of those before throwing your wallet at the monitor.

also people pay 25 bucks for a mount... a mount that's only seen flying from point A to point B.

Any transmog item is seen 100% of the time... yet i don't see people crying over 25 dollars a mount.... only for a helmet.... /boggle i guess because it's a smaller graphic than an entire mount lol.
The flame horns are nice. Goes really well with Paladin's look.
07/18/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Ritalynn

Not blizzards fault, that someone was to lazy to go to wowhead or mmo-champion, or type the macro to try it on, or see the videos on youtube,or ask in game to see someone who already purchased it in trade chat.

^ Could have done any of those before throwing your wallet at the monitor.

also people pay 25 bucks for a mount... a mount that's only seen flying from point A to point B.

Any transmog item is seen 100% of the time... yet i don't see people crying over 25 dollars a mount.... only for a helmet.... /boggle i guess because it's a smaller graphic than an entire mount lol.

I actually think 25 bucks is still a little ridiculous for a mount, but the reason I'm not as bothered by its price is by the fact that mount animations, textures, and skeletons actually require a decent amount of work into building them (heart of the aspects, if some people recall, was built from the ground up instead of being a reskin). Not to mention the indirect benefit of helping with mount related achievements, whereas the helms are mostly static with pretty particle effects here and there, with the only real complexity being the multiple races they fit on.
I'm thinking about this option: Interface > Display > Uncheck Helm